PDA

View Full Version : Dawn of the Dead novelty ID badges on eBay

axlish
18-Jan-2011, 01:02 PM
They are too costly to order, but too cool not to post.

http://i.ebayimg.com/06/!CD!fg)g!2k~$(KGrHqJ,!h4E0Es9Ys(1BNNIb2qEtw~~_12.J PG

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dawn-Dead-Romero-novelty-ID-badge-set-/130476486772?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e61013074

MikePizzoff
18-Jan-2011, 04:49 PM
Pretty cool but I'm willing to bet they're just printed out of a standard at-home printer and you'd be able to tell if looking at them in person. How much is the seller trying to get for them?

krakenslayer
18-Jan-2011, 05:34 PM
What's funny is dramatic faces in all the photos. Obviously ripped straight from the movie and not the kind of pic you'd actually see on ID. When was the last time you saw someone's passport photo that looked like Steven's? :lol:

Also, contrary what the badges say, and popular belief, I'm fairly sure that the officers raiding the apartment block were not a SWAT team, or not all SWAT officers. It's never addressed directly in the film, but the "green" behaviour of the team, their lack of tight strategy and the fact that Peter and Roger had never met previously, strongly suggests that they are just regular cops from all over the city (and possibly some civilian conscripts) pulled off the beat, handed rifles and pressed into service. Peter and Roger were definitely cops (they talk about being "on the force", etc.) but I don't think they are SWAT members.

MikePizzoff
18-Jan-2011, 05:37 PM
When was the last time you saw someone's passport photo that looked like Steven's? :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: I didn't even think about that.

acealive1
30-Jan-2011, 02:09 AM
also its doubtful they had time to print up "zombie control" id's

Trin
30-Jan-2011, 07:24 AM
What I love is that the all access badge says "Special Assignment - The Zombie Apocalypse"

Did they know it was an apocalypse when they were printing up badges?

bassman
30-Jan-2011, 12:53 PM
Maybe the mall had a Kinko's or Office Depot and one of them got bored?:p

blind2d
30-Jan-2011, 09:16 PM
^ This.
As always, bass knows the pulse of his finger... er, his finger's on the pulse of... the Pulitzer... I don't know, he's just cool, okay? Get off my back!

axlish
30-Jan-2011, 11:37 PM
They need to change Fran's job title to Executive Producer - News or something along those lines.

AcesandEights
31-Jan-2011, 02:21 PM
They need to change Fran's job title to Executive Producer - News or something along those lines.

Yeah, 'News Techinician' just sounds lame and lazy on the part of the person who made them. They look damned cool all in all, though, even with some of the foibles that are apparent after a quick look at 'em.