PDA

View Full Version : Production Photos From The Reckoning

Pistolero Films
19-Jun-2006, 11:08 PM
Here are a few production photos from The Reckoning. Sorry for the low quality.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j38/savoieghost/TheReckoning12.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j38/savoieghost/thereckoning9.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j38/savoieghost/GordZombie2.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j38/savoieghost/thereckoning6.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j38/savoieghost/thereckoning8.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j38/savoieghost/WithinSight.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j38/savoieghost/Sympathetic.jpg

Fulcifan91
20-Jun-2006, 12:16 AM
Looks cool, whats the film about?
(sorry if you've answered this somewhere before, i haven't been here long)

livingdeadboy
20-Jun-2006, 10:30 AM
Hey man, that looks pretty spiffy.

MinionZombie
20-Jun-2006, 10:54 AM
Looks rather spiffing I must say, good work my man. Gotta love that zombie too. Keep up the gravy dude. :cool:

Adrenochrome
20-Jun-2006, 11:46 AM
Cuties and Zombies, what more could a fellow ask for?
Bring it on!!

Pistolero Films
20-Jun-2006, 12:18 PM
Thanks for your comments! I was struggling with one of the main characters and it turns out this girl, Sabrina Couture, is not only beautiful (www.myspace.com/sabrinacouture) but is also a great actress.

The Reckoning is about zombies ;)

On a side note, I eliminated all the running zombies. I had so many 'complaints' and comments about it that we made them all traditional slow-moving Romero-style zombies. And it is working out just fine.

For more information visit

www.myspace.com/thereckoningmovie

or

www.pistolerofilms.webmercialsvideo.com

bassman
20-Jun-2006, 12:33 PM
Cool pictures.....but isn't that a spoiler you've just given away in one of them?

Looks like the blonde gets it...

Pistolero Films
20-Jun-2006, 06:40 PM
Ahhh yes, I guess it could be...umm...ahhh.. she isn't really getting munched on...the zombie is just......horny.

I guess I gotta watch what I post - I'm just excited...sorry.

Danny
21-Jun-2006, 12:02 AM
wait that chunky guy i know ive seen him somewere be- HOLY CRAP ITS THE GRIMACE!!!!:lol:

looks cool man, very cool.

now all i gotta do is find the hamburglar and i can organise a reunion, oh and the lesbian seagull:lol:

BrotherD
23-Jun-2006, 05:22 AM
Looks good, man . . . !

Pistolero Films
04-Jul-2006, 10:41 PM
There are a bunch of photos now at:

www.pistolerofilms.webmercialsvideo.com/trphotos.htm

Thanks for the comments guys and remember, there could be some spoilers in the photos.

DjfunkmasterG
05-Jul-2006, 10:57 AM
Hey dude,

Nice photos, however can I give you a bit of criticism?

You have some very spoilerish photos in there, you should pull them out. Also, I have to be honest I don't care for the zombie make-up. There is too much normal skin color showing through and when you dump this into the editor you are going to have to kill the saturation to hide the normal skin tone.

The red heads make-up looks good but the brunettes leaves a lot to be desired. Also, you should tell them not to wear mascara to the set. Because their eyes have heavy eyeliner it makes the make-up look that much more hokey. The brunette has some blush on her face and it shows right through the make-up.

You had mentioned you had a 10K budget? You should spend a g or so on pancake make-up and really cover them up. Also to save makeup tell people to wear t-shirts, not tank-tops. With minimal clothing it takes more work to cover up and will show more errors in the make-up process.

Just some friendly advice. :D

The Reckoning is about zombies ;)

On a side note, I eliminated all the running zombies. I had so many 'complaints' and comments about it that we made them all traditional slow-moving Romero-style zombies. And it is working out just fine.

Who cares what other people say, it is your vision. I had tons of complaints about the fact I have running zombies, and I say ya know what "my vision has running zombies and slow zombies. If the running zombies are a problem for you... don't buy the DVD."

Never let someone dictate your production. If they were financially backing the project its one thing, if they are just commenting to comment just ignore it. Remember DAWN 2004 made $100 million worldwide and it had running zombies. Return of the Living Dead part 1 had running zombies and it made $$$$, 28 days later, although some argue not zombies... still listed as a zombie horror film, made $$$ and the infected ran.

If you envisioned running zombies, put them in there don't compromise because someone has a liking to one style over another. If you start compromising now whats gonna happen when you want to make another film? Are you going to compromise again?

If you make a good flick, with action, story, and more regardless of how your zombies move is the least of your worries. People who complain about running zombies really can't find anything else to bitch about so they pick one thing like running zombies and debate it to death. The biggest argument is how can zombies run... they're dead. Well you can answer right back it is a zombie film, you have to let part of your imagination run wild. If you're willing to believe the dead are coming back to life you have to also check anyother notions you have right at the door.

Dude, seriously screw the complaints and put the runners back in. If you make a good movie no one is going to care. :D

Pistolero Films
05-Jul-2006, 03:16 PM
Thanks for the advice. I am at $8k already, and the post production and editing is being outsourced, so I do believe we will be over budget.

As for the makeup, I wanted to make some 'fresh' zombies. Not everyone rots the same way, and before dead people were dead, they probably did wear mascara and blush :) Ya, I know, I am full of excuses.

This is my first zombie flick and my first horror production.

As for the runners, I pulled them out because the advice I was getting made sense. We did shots with runners and slow-ass zombies and it just worked better with the slow ones. The runners just looked strange, and at first I thought it was a good idea, but it turned out it wasn't. The people who were complaining and moaning about it, were people that I can trust in their judgement.

But this is all for fun anyways...

Thanks
PF

DjfunkmasterG
05-Jul-2006, 03:24 PM
What was your logic behind the running zombies? Also you may trust their judgement, but the simple piece of complaints about running zombies is... ROMERO WOULDN'T DO IT. My comeback is Romero isn't directing this film.

My logic was for the 1st 12 hours zombies can run. It takes 12 hours for rigormortis to set in, and about 24-48 once it has set in for it to loosen up which would allow your zombies to be very mobile again. So if you had runners nothing is out of place.

I know you're doing this for fun, but don't compromise your vision because someone says differently. This is one of the reasons Kevin Smith's mallrats was a failure... The studio kept saying oh you shouldn't do this, or you shouldn't do that, and when he listened the film turned into a total turd.

Since it is your first film do what YOU want to do, not what someone elses suggests. Screw the complainers if they can do better have them make their own zombie film. If you had an idea for runners use runners. Don't worry about logic, because again the whole thing with the dead coming back to life defies all logic.

Make sure you have your mind set on this change because once you have it filmed you can't go back and change it unless you don't mind going out of pocket.

Pistolero Films
05-Jul-2006, 03:32 PM
I understand what you are saying, but to me, the way I had invisioned it, wasn't the way it was working out on screen. When others started expressing their feelings they were just echoing my own that I didn't say.

Then I just axed the runners out and it looked better and made me feel warm and fuzzy again.

bassman
05-Jul-2006, 03:54 PM
See DJ.....I've been trying to tell you. Shamblers are what the people want.

You're in the minority now, b*tch.:evil: Death to Yawn04 and all the other posers!

:lol:

DjfunkmasterG
05-Jul-2006, 05:47 PM
I maybe the minority, but I pulled it off. :D

Honestly though, if you had reasons because of editing or bad angles thats understandable. If it was just people bitching about zombie lore, then tell them to go get f*cked.

I haven't seen the footage so i don't know what you were trying to exactly achieve but if it was the look like it was pulled off in DAWN 04 or 28 Days Later, then you need to use film and not MiniDV.

See DJ.....I've been trying to tell you. Shamblers are what the people want.

:lol:

Shamblers are what die hard Romero fans want. A true zombie fan will accept a zombies movement anyway he/she gets them. I am a true ZOMBIE fan. :D

bassman
05-Jul-2006, 06:17 PM
Shamblers are what die hard Romero fans want. A true zombie fan will accept a zombies movement anyway he/she gets them. I am a true ZOMBIE fan. :D

Oh yeah, I agree. It's just no good when there are hacks behind the camera that have no idea what horror is(Snyder, Gunn). :moon:

DjfunkmasterG
05-Jul-2006, 06:21 PM
It was DAWN 04 that inspried a few scenes in DEADLANDS. Otherwise it was mostly the genre as a whole... Without LOTD.

I started filming before I had even seen LOTD. So I could honestly say i don't use any of it as a reference. My running zombies came from ROTLD 1, I think the zombs in DAWN 04 are a bit too fast. However, the evolution of the zombie from Runner to shambler came from reading about Rigormortis. :D

bassman
05-Jul-2006, 06:25 PM
It was DAWN 04 that inspried a few scenes in DEADLANDS. Otherwise it was mostly the genre as a whole... Without LOTD.

I started filming before I had even seen LOTD. So I could honestly say i don't use any of it as a reference. My running zombies came from ROTLD 1, I think the zombs in DAWN 04 are a bit too fast. However, the evolution of the zombie from Runner to shambler came from reading about Rigormortis. :D

Rigormortis Shmigormortis......Runners suck. Shamblers rock. You know it.:p

DjfunkmasterG
05-Jul-2006, 06:29 PM
Rigormortis Shmigormortis......Runners suck. Shamblers rock. You know it.:p

I think the world would be overrun faster with runners than with shamblers. I say runners. They're scarier and run the 400 yd dash faster than an olypian on roids.

bassman
05-Jul-2006, 06:31 PM
I think the world would be overrun faster with runners than with shamblers. I say runners. They're scarier and run the 400 yd dash faster than an olypian on roids.

That's the point. It's not the shamblers that take over. It's the humans that ALLOW the shamblers take over because of our nature.

We're f*ck ups and that's what we do. That's the real horror.....

MinionZombie
05-Jul-2006, 06:33 PM
To me a zombie should move like a toddler who hasn't got control over their body (albeit with greater understanding of balance - because they've lived a life being used to walking soberly). A zombie is incapable of controlling their muscles and their limbs, so they're kinda like a stiff, drunk, crabby toddler ... that's my view.

I'm a shambler man myself, running zombies just don't make any kind of sense to me personally...

http://www.zombiesdontrun.com/ZDRSite/Images/ZDRNoRun.jpg

www.zombiesdontrun.com :p

Bassman ... EXACTLY what I say - it's the humans which fudge it all up, THAT is why shamblers are so scary. Also, you can let them sneak up on you and end up swarming you - THAT is when they get freaky scary, you suddenly find yourself swamped and you panic like crap ... lol, sounds just like I've actually witnessed such a situation, huh? :D

DjfunkmasterG
05-Jul-2006, 06:36 PM
Still prefer the they can run at first theory and then slow down as decay and rigor mortis sets in.

MinionZombie
05-Jul-2006, 06:45 PM
I prefer the "swift waddle when food gets close" theory myself. :p

Fulcifan91
05-Jul-2006, 07:15 PM
Still prefer the they can run at first theory and then slow down as decay and rigor mortis sets in.

Rigor Mortis sets in and then goes away after a while, actually.

I think.:confused:

Pistolero Films
06-Jul-2006, 12:56 PM
I haven't seen the footage so i don't know what you were trying to exactly achieve but if it was the look like it was pulled off in DAWN 04 or 28 Days Later, then you need to use film and not MiniDV. :D

28 Days later was filmed using a Canon XL1, sony HQ MiniDV. The director speaks of this right on the DVD.

Zombie movies look best with zombies...and to me 28 Days Later was not a zombie movie.

I'm satisfied with the decision to axe the runners and am grateful for all the people who pointed me in the right direction.

DjfunkmasterG
06-Jul-2006, 12:59 PM
Actually 28 Days later also employed the use of an 8mm camera. Used for all the scenes the infected were running, and high impact action scenes.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0289043/technical

When you export to film you can use many technics in the process to give that wild and crazy look like you seein DAWN 04 and 28 Days Later, partly it is the editor, but the final look is the film print itself.

So You know I am not trying to give you a hard time about it. I just want you to make sure you are not compromising your vision because some zombie fan hates running zombies. If you make a good film the zombie fans will accept it no matter what the zombies do.

Pistolero Films
06-Jul-2006, 06:16 PM
Hey,

No problem. We just have to accept everyone's opinion and deal with it. I didn't want to compromise my film, and with the runners, my film was lacking. It may not be the same with other films, or with yours in particular, but in my opinion, my film didn't work with them.

DjfunkmasterG
06-Jul-2006, 07:25 PM
Yeah I do agree. It also depends on how your filming the movie. I am using a 2.35:1 Anamorphic mask so when the DP sets up shots he knows that I am a wide angle type person. Running zombies work for films with lots of wide shots.

Plus it comes down to preference. I prefer runners over shamblers. :D

zombiesman
12-Jul-2006, 06:20 PM
nice pictures and they look like realistic zombies. i like the slow zombies cause runners arnt really zombies are they?

anyhow this is cool. love to see new films about zombies!!