PDA

View Full Version : ds lite

general tbag
20-Jun-2006, 12:30 AM
anyone pick one up, i almost caved in..... dam u nintendo and your handhelds.

DeadJonas190
20-Jun-2006, 03:24 AM
I haven't traded in my old DS for one yet, but my boss did and showed me his DS Lite. They seem to be better in every aspect, it is much more comfortable to hold since it's a lot lighter, the screen is brighter and just looks better, and I like the new button and stylus placement. All in all, if you have a DS now I would recommend trading it in and getting a DS Lite if you can find one (they sell out almost as fast as they are stocked).

general tbag
20-Jun-2006, 03:46 AM
I haven't traded in my old DS for one yet, but my boss did and showed me his DS Lite. They seem to be better in every aspect, it is much more comfortable to hold since it's a lot lighter, the screen is brighter and just looks better, and I like the new button and stylus placement. All in all, if you have a DS now I would recommend trading it in and getting a DS Lite if you can find one (they sell out almost as fast as they are stocked).

im in a smallish town and supply isnt the problem. ill have to wait and see, im kinda eyeing a psp ...... also . i gots to try that apple 8.6 hack on it.

p2501
20-Jun-2006, 04:40 PM
if you buy one, get it off of ebay.

2 weeks ago a freight load of them, something like 25,000 units, being shipped to Europe were hijacked and thusly stolen.

Link will go here when i dig it up

I suspect they'll be cropping up on ebay. :D

Danny
20-Jun-2006, 04:51 PM
thats cus there officially impossible to get in japan and havent been available for like 3 weeks there that good, im poor so i could never save up for a ds (curse youse gamestation and your 4 for £20 deals!) but if a ds lite is still aroun £100 ill get one.

p2501
20-Jun-2006, 05:25 PM
i'm sticking with my PSP for right now. between the 360 then the wii, i don;t have time (or funding really) for another system this year.

general tbag
20-Jun-2006, 06:37 PM
i'm sticking with my PSP for right now. between the 360 then the wii, i don;t have time (or funding really) for another system this year.

i think when the wii comes out a ds will almost be a part of it to . if the kiosks with the donwloadable games is a glimpse of what the wii is capable of, i can only imagine what other rotten stuff nintendo has planned.

p2501
20-Jun-2006, 06:45 PM
agreed. cross compatability between handhelds and consoles, has always been one of nintendo's strong suits. i doubt they'll forgot that with the wii.

Danny
20-Jun-2006, 11:50 PM
agreed again, and with all the rumored problems with umd i think the psp's gonna go the way of the dreamcast.

i dont think it will do as bad as gizmondo, chav of consoles, or the stock market scam that no-one seemed to notice that was the phantom, the pun was in the name you r2-d-tards!!!!!:lol:

slickwilly13
21-Jun-2006, 04:23 AM
A friend of mine is buying one this summer. I currently have a ds, but I don't want to get rid of it. It's the Mario Kart edition. The ds lite does have a brighter and sharper screen. And its sleek design looks great. I'll buy one after I get some graduation money at the end of the summer. I just wished we had the choise of colors for handhelds and consoles like Japan does. I still want a white psp.

p2501
21-Jun-2006, 03:29 PM
[QUOTE=hellsing]agreed again, and with all the rumored problems with umd i think the psp's gonna go the way of the dreamcast.
[/-QUOTE]

i've been hearing that on and off for months now, so if it happens i'll take stock, but i think this semi persistant rumor is just **** being made up. i'm doubtful of sony abondoning the system, and new movies are still coming out on UMd so, i'm skeptical of it all.

besides the system is pretty damn fun.

CoinReturn
21-Jun-2006, 05:17 PM
The DS seriously has one of the best libraries of games ever. I cant wait to get a Lite, though there are rumors that later this year there will be yet another revision of the system, along with the PSP. Supposedly they will both add cameras to their handhelds.

general tbag
21-Jun-2006, 07:42 PM
The DS seriously has one of the best libraries of games ever. I cant wait to get a Lite, though there are rumors that later this year there will be yet another revision of the system, along with the PSP. Supposedly they will both add cameras to their handhelds.

well if it any indication from both the china market and the downloadable kiosks, it pretty apparent that nintendo has intention of using the direct to download function type function. with the wii having built in wifi and such it woulndt realy suprise me if nintendo came out with a flash based type deal built into a new ds.i am sure those kiosks are also providing market research for this, and with nintendos a couple years ago testing users connections, it seems the logical jump. like really if you bought a new system and could buy downloadable games at a cheaper price more tech savvy people wuold be more inclined. also with the whole back catalog being offered i can only imagine the new ds would allow all past consoles game to be played on , which it cant now.

as far as the psp, the umd is gonna die, even studios have been cutting back on release titles. can you blame them really, it nothing a nice sized sdcard cant do with a file converter and your dvd collection.

DeadJonas190
22-Jun-2006, 05:02 AM
agreed. cross compatability between handhelds and consoles, has always been one of nintendo's strong suits. i doubt they'll forgot that with the wii.

The Nintendo Representative that comes into the Blockbuster/GameRush I work at has said that the DS will definatly be compatable with the Wii, but he wouldn't say in what ways.

I am assuming that one of the features may be having the classic downloadable games being playable on the DS with maybe a blank DS cartridge being sold for the downloads to be put on. However, the SD memory cards are very similar if not exactly the same to the DS carts, so maybe they will somehow be involved as the Wii will use them to expand it's memory.

Either way, I can't wait for the Wii. I think it's going to be a great system.

On a side note, the black DS lite is already on E bay... I wonder if it's one of the stolen ones.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NINTENDO-DS-LITE-BLACK-FREE-US-PLUG-AC-ADAPTER-NEW_W0QQitemZ104753765178QQihZ020QQcategoryZ62054Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

general tbag
22-Jun-2006, 06:54 PM
The Nintendo Representative that comes into the Blockbuster/GameRush I work at has said that the DS will definatly be compatable with the Wii, but he wouldn't say in what ways

those nintendo dudes always remind me of the stone cutters.