PDA

View Full Version : i cant believe no-ones asked this before?

Danny
20-Jun-2006, 11:43 PM
okay i think the ps3 sucks, lame format, dont care about grafix and mgs4 will get a port soon enough and ff13 isnt worth it for one console alone.
so im after a 360 (BRING FORTH THE ZOMBIES!!!!!) and the mutha funking wii which if the 360 is chuck norris, then the wii is shurly b.a from the a team:D .

which makes the ps3 fat albert....or woody allen.

so im up for wii and 360 what about youse guys?:sneaky:

slickwilly13
21-Jun-2006, 04:37 AM
all 3 , im a ritch b'yatch! Unless a friend of mine buys a 360 first, then I'll just borrow his and buy a ps3 & revolution * I refuse to call it wii*.

MinionZombie
21-Jun-2006, 11:01 AM
I wish I was "riyatch biyatch", but alas I'm not. Currently I'm all about the PC games, but when I get some damn cash in my friggin' wallet, my money's on the 360 bitches. P$3 chokes on huge balls and the Wii just sounds like urine to me ... and since when did I want to exercise while playing a videogame, they're the bitches of sloth damnit! Leave me to fester at my PC ... and 360 when I can afford it.

Bunker65
21-Jun-2006, 12:01 PM
I've had a 360 since December & will be adding a Wii to my collection when it comes out.

They are the latest in a long line of consoles for me since I've been gaming since the original Pong was released :). I still have my Atari 2600, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, Sega Dreamcast, Nintendo GameCube & original Xbox.

I wish I still had my original Pong & Intellivision :(.

bassman
21-Jun-2006, 12:28 PM
YES! I'm the guy flying solo in the "I don't play games" section.:p

DjfunkmasterG
21-Jun-2006, 02:20 PM
I got me 360 and even though I hardly play it, I have it for DEAD RISING when it comes out.

Otherwise I prefer PC games. A nice PC and a GeForce 7900 GT vid card makes for some sweet gaming.

Bunker65
21-Jun-2006, 02:31 PM
I got me 360 and even though I hardly play it, I have it for DEAD RISING when it comes out.

Otherwise I prefer PC games. A nice PC and a GeForce 7900 GT vid card makes for some sweet gaming.

To each their own as they say :). Me, I always preferred console gaming. Now more then ever. I can sit back in my comfy easy chair with my wireless 360 controller while playing on my 34" widescreen HDTV :). As I said though, that's just my preference.

And, Dead Rising can't come soon enough !!!!!! :D

p2501
21-Jun-2006, 03:26 PM
so im up for wii and 360 what about youse guys?:sneaky:

same deal.

the war of platform exclusives between PS and the Xbox has shifted. and frankly the Xbox has come out ahead. ignoring everything else, Gears of war, and Halo 3 trouce everything PS3 has slated to come out between now and 2007.

factor in the eventual ports of FEAR, and Quake wars for the 360 and the fight is finished.

the Wii on the other hand, just looks like fun incarnate.

erisi236
21-Jun-2006, 05:42 PM
I'm a PC and 360 man at the moment :)

P$3 can die and go to Hell :D

Craig
21-Jun-2006, 05:44 PM
I will probably get one of the new consoles eventually, when more games come out for them, I could play Dead Rising round my friends house when it comes out and since that and Halo 3 are the only reasons I'd want a 360 then it's probably a PS3.

zombiegirl
24-Jun-2006, 11:51 PM
I personally am a sony girl myself. I have a ton of games and the ps3 gives the abilty of backwards compatitbility that the xbox just doesn't have. Xbox was just starting to get a line of titles and then they put out this new system which barely plays any of the old games. I just hate to spend that kind of money on a machine that won't play my old games. Also I find that the way the controler fits in my hand is a big deal to me. I had a real problem with the gamecube because the controler was to big and it affected my game play. The dreamcast was horrible as far as being comfortable. I don't think I will have an issue with the wii which is why I will probably buy it. I haven't really played the xbox 360 much but it just hasn't had a lot of titles that have attracked me enough to make me want to buy it.

paulannett
25-Jun-2006, 12:28 PM
I wouldn't be so quick to write off the PS3. Yes, it has come out very late compared to the Xbox 360 and yes, the Xbox has some very hard hitting titles backing it up. BUT, to ignore the games launching with the PS3 is just plain stupid!

Now, I'm no game guru but:

- MGS4
- Res Evil 5
- Resistance: The Fall of Man
- Gran Turismo 4
- Killzone 2
- Pro Evo 6???

ALL (Pro Evo is just my wet dream right now!) look kick ass and these are the only ones that I know off.

If anything, Xbox360's dominance will force Sony to play a few cards, perhaps lowering the price of the console and games?

As for Halo3, when I play it, I know I'll be its bitch for at least a month! :D

A

Bunker65
25-Jun-2006, 07:28 PM
If anything, Xbox360's dominance will force Sony to play a few cards, perhaps lowering the price of the console and games?

I wouldn't be looking for any relief from Sony in the price of their console or games. They are bleeding money right now & don't have the luxury of reducing prices. According to reports they will be taking a huge financial hit with the price of the PS3 being the ridiculous $600 it is now. They can't afford to drop the price any further.

MinionZombie
25-Jun-2006, 09:20 PM
If anything the 360 will come down in price, just to throw another spanner in the works for $ony.

p2501
26-Jun-2006, 01:59 PM
I wouldn't be so quick to write off the PS3. Yes, it has come out very late compared to the Xbox 360 and yes, the Xbox has some very hard hitting titles backing it up. BUT, to ignore the games launching with the PS3 is just plain stupid!

Now, I'm no game guru but:

- MGS4
- Res Evil 5
- Resistance: The Fall of Man
- Gran Turismo 4
- Killzone 2
- Pro Evo 6???

ALL (Pro Evo is just my wet dream right now!) look kick ass and these are the only ones that I know off.

A

the problem i'm having with sony's franchise games is they're all just reissue of the previous game with a couple tweaks. the MGS series is quagmired in spotty plotting, and retread gameplay. resident evil is a completly lost cause. Killzone still stands as having the worse in game AI ever. so short of resistance (with will be ported should it sell enough copies) i'm not seeing enough console specific games to merit the ps3 as yet.

but i still love the psp

general tbag
26-Jun-2006, 08:36 PM
I wouldn't be looking for any relief from Sony in the price of their console or games. They are bleeding money right now & don't have the luxury of reducing prices. According to reports they will be taking a huge financial hit with the price of the PS3 being the ridiculous $600 it is now. They can't afford to drop the price any further.

and so is microsoft, microsoft has yet to make 1 cent profit off any of there systems and or games. if the 360 doesnt do well this probaly will be there last system.

Danny
27-Jun-2006, 03:20 AM
If anything the 360 will come down in price, just to throw another spanner in the works for $ony.

hey i bought my 360 the other day ,a premium one i might add at game, for only £400 WITH 5 games, so thats the lanch price with 250 quids worth of games thrown in, now thats hella cheap.:D

MinionZombie
27-Jun-2006, 10:18 AM
Where'd you get £400 from? Or was it a present ... in either case, you're a reet bugger for having a 360, *stomps feet like a toddler* I WANT ONE!!!! :(

Danny
27-Jun-2006, 10:22 AM
i was getting one for christmas but my moms car broke down so i told her to use the cash to buy a new one, jst cus im such a nice guy and the other day she came into some money to get it.
the thing is if i was selfish and got it then i could only get a core version with no games, becuase i was sefless instead, if thats the right term, i got a premium one with 5 games, if that aint an argument for karma i dont know what is:D

MinionZombie
27-Jun-2006, 10:32 AM
Do good things and good things happen ... ya lucky f*ck. :D

*hammers fists on high chair table*

I WANT IT! I WANT IT! I WANT IT!

lol...

So what games did you get? I'm all for Dead Rising and PGR3 myself...ooh, get Prey when it comes out, it's wicked.

Bunker65
27-Jun-2006, 12:06 PM
and so is microsoft, microsoft has yet to make 1 cent profit off any of there systems and or games. if the 360 doesnt do well this probaly will be there last system.

It's true that MS isn't making a profit on their systems. However, they are losing less on the 360 then they were on the original Xbox. They have the luxury of having the whole of MS behind them though & can afford to bleed some profit on the 360. Sony doesn't have that luxury. Their company as a whole is bleeding money & the can't afford for the PS3 & Blue Ray to not be a huge success which IMHO will not happen this generation. Just my 2 cents anyway :D.

general tbag
27-Jun-2006, 07:48 PM
It's true that MS isn't making a profit on their systems. However, they are losing less on the 360 then they were on the original Xbox. They have the luxury of having the whole of MS behind them though & can afford to bleed some profit on the 360. Sony doesn't have that luxury. Their company as a whole is bleeding money & the can't afford for the PS3 & Blue Ray to not be a huge success which IMHO will not happen this generation. Just my 2 cents anyway :D.

i think sony hopes the ps3 will do to blu-ray what the ps2 did for dvds. i think it gonna be the new age showdown , much like beta and vhs.

Bunker65
27-Jun-2006, 08:08 PM
i think sony hopes the ps3 will do to blu-ray what the ps2 did for dvds. i think it gonna be the new age showdown , much like beta and vhs.

I think you are right in how Sony is hoping PS3 will be like PS2 for DVD. It could be a showdown as well but the problem is that there aren't enough people with the hardware to handle the Blu-Ray & HD-DVD technology right now. I think DVD is going to be safe for a long while. Again, my 2 cents worth :cool:.

Danny
27-Jun-2006, 08:51 PM
vhs vs betamax -winner=vhs
laserdisc vs dvd -winner=dvd
its two for two im putting my money on hd-dvd.

general tbag
27-Jun-2006, 09:11 PM
vhs vs betamax -winner=vhs
laserdisc vs dvd -winner=dvd
its two for two im putting my money on hd-dvd.

most analyst believe dvd will be the format for years to come. kind alike hdtv, it there and all but does everyone have it, no not yet an probaloy not for awhile, the average non technical person see nothing wrong with there normal analog tv. myself im pretty happy with dvd, a leap above vhs for sure.

but the really indicator wil be sales of discs. walmart /best buy wil be dropping the vhs format. for that to happen to dvd wil be a long ways off.

if anything i think sony jumping the gun hoping to creating there own market for blu ray. it been proven before split formats dont work .also if blu ray does go the way of the dinosaurs what about the ps3 owners.......seems more of a mad scientist experimwent at this time.

Danny
27-Jun-2006, 09:43 PM
tell me about it why do we need a dvd replacement for the next 10 years?,a movie fits on a dvd with ease, so its just more extras on hd dvd and blu ray so who really cares?:confused:

MinionZombie
28-Jun-2006, 09:22 AM
I know there's barely any point, DVD looks schweet as it is, all I can see with Blu-Gay and AD-HD-DVD is you fit a double disc or even triple disc presentation on one disc ... which isn't that impressive. Immediately the sales pitch of "SPECIAL DOUBLE DISC EDITION!!!" is out the window...

...they should concentrate less on whipping out a new disc so soon and more on something actually worthwhile.

general tbag
28-Jun-2006, 11:33 AM
tell me about it why do we need a dvd replacement for the next 10 years?,a movie fits on a dvd with ease, so its just more extras on hd dvd and blu ray so who really cares?:confused:

because after blue dvd lasers, they got green dvd lasers to sell.... ahahaha

DjfunkmasterG
28-Jun-2006, 11:43 AM
because after blue dvd lasers, they got green dvd lasers to sell.... ahahaha

LOL,
actually On a standard DVD the movie is still compressed upwards of 50% -70% before it can fit onto a DVD. A film in it's raw digital format can be upwards of 20-30 gigabytes in size for every 90 minutes of footage. Take that raw footage and now compress it to fit on a 4.7 gb or 9.4 gb DVD... how much quality are you going to lose? A lot!

The Blu-ray and DVD-HD standard will allow the film to be closer to it's raw digital content then compressed DVD files content. A perfect example to this is the MP3 format. Take a song in it's original wav form it could be 60-80gbs, now look at an MP3 it is 1/10th that size. And they say you lose nothing in the compression... Hogwash! :D

kidgloves
28-Jun-2006, 07:20 PM
I've had the 360 since Dec as well and will probably buy the Wii for Zelda.
The additional playability of the games on xbox live and extra content with marketplace is enough for me for now. I have absolutely no interest in the PS3 especially at that price.

If only they would introduce a co-op mode online in Dead Rising :( :( :(