PDA

View Full Version : Another Dracula flick on the way?

Neil
09-Mar-2011, 12:10 PM
...with some big names attached!

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/UPDATE-Colin-Firth-And-Nicole-Kidman-May-Be-In-For-Dracula-Reworking-Stoker-23548.html

bassman
09-Mar-2011, 12:42 PM
Although I've heard it get put down quite a bit, I've always enjoyed the early 90's film with Gary Oldman. Of course....Oldman makes everything better in my book....

Kaos
09-Mar-2011, 02:06 PM
Oldman wasn't the problem with BSD, Reeves was. It hurt the ears when he attempted to imitate an English accent. His performance clearly came off as Bill and Ted go to London. Still, I love the movie. :)

Eyebiter
09-Mar-2011, 02:49 PM
Hope it's better than Dracula 2000.

AcesandEights
09-Mar-2011, 07:41 PM
Oldman wasn't the problem with BSD, Reeves was. It hurt the ears when he attempted to imitate an English accent. His performance clearly came off as Bill and Ted go to London. Still, I love the movie. :)

Oldman was great, but what I really loved about Bram Stoker's Dracula was the soundtrack. It was excellent!

Hope it's better than Dracula 2000.

I didn't mind Dracula 2000 so much. It was better than the title suggested, I felt. I certainly liked it better than John Carpenter's Vampires. :rolleyes:

DjfunkmasterG
16-Mar-2011, 12:56 PM
Dracula 2000 was nothing more than a modern day popcorn action-er masquerading as a horror film. I enjoyed it, not too mention it has GERARD -THIS IS SPARTA- BUTLER as Dracula, and he did play a pretty badass Drac. Coppolas Dracula... Man, I love Gary Oldman as Drac. He brought a style and elegance to the role no other actor could have pulled off, especially with it being set in the 1800's, but man is that film really over acted. Everyone int he cast over did at one point or another, even Oldman, but he kept it subdued as much as he could, but he did have some cringe worthy bits. However, the worst offender on that project is Keanu... What was Copppola thinking????? I used to enjoy the film, but after re-watching it in Blu-Ray I was like egads.... This is really something I cannot enjoy anymore.