PDA

View Full Version : Walking Dead on Free to Air TV (UK)

BotOZombie
23-Mar-2011, 08:22 AM
I’m not sure if this has been posted before and I did try searching just in case but I saw an advert on Channel five here in the UK that the second run of Walking Dead is coming soon. It will be good to see it on the TV rather than the computer before the DVDs come out!!

MinionZombie
23-Mar-2011, 09:47 AM
I’m not sure if this has been posted before and I did try searching just in case but I saw an advert on Channel five here in the UK that the second run of Walking Dead is coming soon. It will be good to see it on the TV rather than the computer before the DVDs come out!!

Channel 5 eh? I would have naturally thought Channel 4, but well there we go - good on them. :)

BotOZombie
23-Mar-2011, 01:28 PM
I thought BBC might have picked it up for either BBC3 or BBC4 especially after they showed Night, Dawn and Day a few months back. Anyway here’s the link to the five walking dead coming soon site.

http://www.channel5.com/shows/the-walking-dead/articles/the-walking-dead-coming-soon-to-channel-5

krakenslayer
23-Mar-2011, 04:36 PM
Channel 5 eh? I would have naturally thought Channel 4, but well there we go - good on them. :)

Channel 4's programming tends to be a little more cerebral/cultish than the likes of The Walking Dead. It is probably a little too straight-laced for C4. Even though it is has zombies in it, it really doesn't feel like a "horror" show and will probably sit quite nicely alongside all of Five's other American drama shows: CSI, NCIS, etc.

kidgloves
24-Mar-2011, 06:51 PM
Just seen an extended trailer for this on CH5. Quite a good advert coming from the "What makes us human?" angle. Has the CH5 fluffy side to it as well though.

Rancid Carcass
01-Apr-2011, 07:09 PM
Just seen a new trailer for it, going out on April 10th.

Lock and load those TV remotes people!

:D

MinionZombie
11-Apr-2011, 09:42 AM
I ended up watching most of episode one last night on Channel 5 as I didn't have anything else to do. I've already been through the series on FX last year, but I just thought "I'll have a look at this scene" ... then another scene would pop into my head, so I'd stick around for that, then I'd spot something and go "oh yeah, that was a damn good moment", and before I knew it I was at the end of the episode. :D

While I was dipping in and out of the episode at times (I was just scanning through channels to waste time), I kept coming back to TWD and sticking around until the advert breaks (when I'd go channel surfing again, only to come back to TWD in a few minutes having though "I wonder where they're at in the episode now?") ... methinks I'm going to have to give this show another watch through, the seed has been planted in my mind, hehe.

Still holding out hope for a proper edition of the DVD/BR though - with proper extras - sometime in advance of season 2. Speaking of which, when do they start filming again?

BotOZombie
09-May-2012, 08:41 AM
Just to let people know that dont have Sky that The Walking Dead (Season Two) starts on Channel Five on 14th May at 22:00.

Neil
09-May-2012, 11:47 AM
^^ Thanks!

Rancid Carcass
10-May-2012, 01:19 AM
http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy236/cattletech/duffman.jpg

Oh yeah!