PDA

View Full Version : What Walking Dead character do you associate with the most?

jded
27-Mar-2011, 01:55 PM
Which one do you relate to and identify with?

I'd say Shane and Daryl Dixon would be the closest to my own character traits. So you may now call me Dane but please don't call me Sharyl.

kidgloves
27-Mar-2011, 05:39 PM
I'm a very young version of Dale :D

MinionZombie
27-Mar-2011, 06:36 PM

Actually, I kind of identify myself the same way ... in fact, I think there was a quiz thingy on AMC's site about "which character are you most like" and that was the very answer for me. Specifically thought I identify most with Rick, Dale, and Glenn ... kind of a mixture of traits from all three.

Neil
27-Mar-2011, 07:08 PM

Exactly who I was gonna say I think I'd be like :)

bassman
27-Mar-2011, 07:53 PM
Ed, the wife beating redneck. :p

I guess I would have to say Rick. I would make stupid choices like everyone else, but in the end it would all be about my family.

AcesandEights
27-Mar-2011, 11:28 PM
The GOVERNOR!:evil:

Nah, probably Dale, like so many others here...or Glenn with a bit more smarts and less guts.

jded
27-Mar-2011, 11:54 PM
Really?
A bunch of Dale's so far. Wow!
I wish I was a bit more like Morgan sometimes, not sure why, but he's got it together aside from his wife situation. I think he'll provide some major assistance in the future.

MoonSylver
28-Mar-2011, 12:03 AM
Ed, the wife beating redneck. :p

Damnit, you beat me to it! :mad: :lol:

Whichever character is an assclown with a pathological inability to take things seriously. :clown: :lol:

jded
28-Mar-2011, 12:16 AM
Whichever character is an assclown with a pathological inability to take things seriously. :clown: :lol:

Sounds like Merle.

MoonSylver
28-Mar-2011, 12:29 AM
Sounds like Merle.

Thanks for giving me a hand with that.

http://www.bourgy.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/walking-dead-hand.jpg

:lol:

jded
28-Mar-2011, 12:43 AM
Ohhh AWESOME! And Darabont said they all thought AMC would have cut that and much more, but they didn't.
Your welcome sir, anytime! You gave it away though. Want it back? I think Glenn has it in his backpack.

AcesandEights
28-Mar-2011, 02:27 AM

That sort of character is truly demented, but also sounds eerily similar to one of my favorite fellow-posters at hpotd :skull:

MoonSylver
28-Mar-2011, 04:53 AM
You gave it away though. Want it back? I think Glenn has it in his backpack.

Nope, Daryl threw it away, 'cause that Vato wouldn't talk to the hand. :lol:

That sort of character is truly demented, but also sounds eerily similar to one of my favorite fellow-posters at hpotd :skull:

Sounds like a douche. You should ban his ass. :elol:

Ghoulman
28-Mar-2011, 08:47 PM
Since I am a custodian with delusions of grandeur, I’d say vato Guillermo.

Gryphon
29-Mar-2011, 11:10 AM
Yeah I guess I'm another Dale, with some Glenn thrown in.

Wrong Number
29-Mar-2011, 01:06 PM
I guess I would have to say Andrea due to the limited female choices, though I do know how to use all types of firearms. bow and arrow, etc..

Zombie Snack
31-Mar-2011, 04:31 AM
I'd fall in somewhere between Merle and Daryl the Dixon brothers..more like Daryl Dixon I reckon.

jded
31-Mar-2011, 12:50 PM
I'd fall in somewhere between Merle and Daryl the Dixon brothers..more like Daryl Dixon I reckon.
"He ain't heavy... He's my brothua..."

BillyRay
31-Mar-2011, 07:49 PM

Mason Dixon?

Gryphon
01-Apr-2011, 12:17 AM
Mason Dixon?

Tricky Dixon :D

ProfessorChaos
01-Apr-2011, 12:27 AM
to get this thread back on topic, i'd have to say i have a few characteristics in common with rick and andrea. some of the examples below are from the comics in addition to the tv series.

rick's got some good leadership abilities and knows how to get people to work well together as a team, something that's always been natural to me as the oldest child with many younger siblings. i also don't really shy away from taking on excessive burdens and making tough judgement calls when necessary. some of these traits also come from my military background.

as for the andrea aspect, i am fiercely protective of my younger siblings and would do most anything to protect them. the scenes from the show concerning andrea and amy really struck a nerve with me, as i can imagine that i'd behave in pretty much the exact same fashion as she did regarding amy's death and wanting to be there to put her down when she reanimated.

Tom Price
01-Apr-2011, 03:17 AM
Depends
Comic or the laughable translation.

jded
01-Apr-2011, 01:25 PM
to get this thread back on topic, i'd have to say i have a few characteristics in common with rick and andrea. some of the examples below are from the comics in addition to the tv series.

rick's got some good leadership abilities and knows how to get people to work well together as a team, something that's always been natural to me as the oldest child with many younger siblings. i also don't really shy away from taking on excessive burdens and making tough judgement calls when necessary. some of these traits also come from my military background.

as for the andrea aspect, i am fiercely protective of my younger siblings and would do most anything to protect them. the scenes from the show concerning andrea and amy really struck a nerve with me, as i can imagine that i'd behave in pretty much the exact same fashion as she did regarding amy's death and wanting to be there to put her down when she reanimated.
Yes I'm sure I can even relate to some of the female character motivations and such, and I have, because it's all human reactions no matter what gender.
A friend or family member is in pain or passes on and we either can't feel, or we show emotion. A state of being cannot be labeled as strictly originating or conclusive to a single gender.

Depends
Comic or the laughable translation.

If there was confusion as to which one, comic or T.V. series, I was refering to the latter.

Thorn
08-Apr-2011, 12:42 PM
There really is no question. Rick.

I would definately be the guy who allowed his morals to "cloud" his self preservation, and I am afraid it would be the biggest detriment to my surviving a zombie holocaust. The only thing htta would temper that is preserving my child's safety.

blind2d
12-Apr-2011, 02:50 PM
One of the undead.

GRMonLI
12-Apr-2011, 05:20 PM
I guess I would have to say Andrea due to the limited female choices, though I do know how to use all types of firearms. bow and arrow, etc..

Well I woudl say that I am a MALE version of Andrea......I think we have the same personality traits...but different body parts!!!!!

Gryphon
13-Apr-2011, 03:26 AM
One of the undead.

Well, if we can choose that, then, yeah :)