PDA

View Full Version : Can't believe we're still six months off from the new series...

Neil
18-Apr-2011, 10:40 AM
:annoyed:

bassman
18-Apr-2011, 12:08 PM
It actually seems kinda soon to me. In fact, it seems like just yesterday we were watching the premiere of "TS-19" and now we're half way to the next season...

Neil
18-Apr-2011, 01:38 PM
It actually seems kinda soon to me. In fact, it seems like just yesterday we were watching the premiere of "TS-19" and now we're half way to the next season...

Damn your optimism! I'm going to sulk about it! So there!

MinionZombie
18-Apr-2011, 05:21 PM
Damn your optimism! I'm going to sulk about it! So there!

Here's an idea - you could re-watch the first season, like I did just this week. :)

Absorbed it all over again over three days and loved it all over again. Speaking of TS-19 - man, that's one hell of a heavy episode, but heavy in a good way. There's some dark shit going on in that episode, but it's also mighty impressive in its execution ... the last 20 minutes of that episode had chills running all over my body yet again. Awesome stuff.

Neil
18-Apr-2011, 05:44 PM
Here's an idea - you could re-watch the first season, like I did just this week. :)

Absorbed it all over again over three days and loved it all over again. Speaking of TS-19 - man, that's one hell of a heavy episode, but heavy in a good way. There's some dark shit going on in that episode, but it's also mighty impressive in its execution ... the last 20 minutes of that episode had chills running all over my body yet again. Awesome stuff.Oh, I'll do that leading upto the next series... So in about SIX MONTHS TIME :(

I liked TS-19 too! Strange how some folks really didn't!? If only that final scene had more living dead in it, to show the ever present threat!

JDFP
18-Apr-2011, 05:45 PM
I think we'll make it another 6 months to watch it unless of course there's a thermonuclear war or zombie apocalypse or global pandemic or something entertaining along these lines.

I think Halloween evening is the PERFECT time to start the new season. A special back-to-back two hour premiere would be excellent for celebrating Halloween as well. Personally, I think Halloween night every year is the best time to begin each consecutive season so we have something extra special to look forward to on my favorite holiday of the year.

j.p.

DjfunkmasterG
19-Apr-2011, 12:16 AM
I think Episode 1 2 & 6 are the best of the show. 5 is great for the moment between the sisters, but the other episodes are crap.

I want to see Darabonts extended cut of Episode #1, apparently he filmed a feature length version running between 90 and 120 minutes.

TS-19 is a great episode, it works... I actually rank it #2, with Epi #1 being the best of the show.

I will probably do another marathon of my Blu-Ray very soon.

bassman
19-Apr-2011, 12:33 AM
I think Episode 1 2 & 6 are the best of the show. 5 is great for the moment between the sisters, but the other episodes are crap.

All of episode 5 was a high point for me. The sisters and then the "on the road again" sequence was great. Definitely one of the top three.

MinionZombie
19-Apr-2011, 09:42 AM
All of episode 5 was a high point for me. The sisters and then the "on the road again" sequence was great. Definitely one of the top three.

Agreed.

I think I'd place episode 5 as my favourite episode outside of the season opener, with episode 6 coming close after #5. The scene where they head out (accompanied by music from the movie Sunshine) just gives me chills thinking about it, but when actually watching it, it's like my skin is nothing but electricity ... and then when they get to the CDC and Rick is completely desperate - bloody nora! Plus, naturally, all the stuff with Andrea & Amy (including that bit at the end of episode 4) is just phenomenal.

Neil
19-Apr-2011, 10:46 AM
I want to see Darabonts extended cut of Episode #1, apparently he filmed a feature length version running between 90 and 120 minutes.

That sounds interesting?! I assume no mention of such a thing on the BluRay? Obvious place for it!

but the other episodes are crap.:rolleyes:

MinionZombie
19-Apr-2011, 05:32 PM
Extended Cut of episode one? That's got "special edition DVD/BR" written all over it, which is why I won't be buying the boxset in May - I'd not be in the slightest bit surprised if they did a Double Dip on us in the run-up to Season 2. ;)

jded
20-Apr-2011, 03:40 AM
Uauuuuuaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuughhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Why does it feel so freaking long?

The first season was here in a flash it felt like I swear! And I'm talking DVD. Cuz I don't have cable.
I wish they could put me in a coma, wake me up when it arrives.
It's like I'm a kid all over again belted up in the backseat of the family car. "Mom... Dad... Are we there yet?"

MinionZombie
20-Apr-2011, 09:45 AM
Uauuuuuaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuughhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Why does it feel so freaking long?

The first season was here in a flash it felt like I swear! And I'm talking DVD. Cuz I don't have cable.
I wish they could put me in a coma, wake me up when it arrives.
It's like I'm a kid all over again belted up in the backseat of the family car. "Mom... Dad... Are we there yet?"

hehe, I recall a double episode of South Park where Eric couldn't wait a couple of weeks for the new Nintendo Wii, so he froze himself, but he woke up in the future instead - and when he got back to South Park, it ended up being a longer wait for him. :lol:

Neil
20-Apr-2011, 12:23 PM
hehe, I recall a double episode of South Park where Eric couldn't wait a couple of weeks for the new Nintendo Wii, so he froze himself, but he woke up in the future instead - and when he got back to South Park, it ended up being a longer wait for him. :lol:

The Buck Rogers parody? Classic!

bassman
20-Apr-2011, 12:34 PM
The first season was here in a flash it felt like I swear! And I'm talking DVD.

The first season of TWD was actually released faster than most AMC shows. Generally they don't release the previous season on DVD until just before the premiere of the new season. So in that case.....you probably have one and half to two years wait.:|

MinionZombie
20-Apr-2011, 05:54 PM
The first season of TWD was actually released faster than most AMC shows. Generally they don't release the previous season on DVD until just before the premiere of the new season. So in that case.....you probably have one and half to two years wait.:|

Hmmm, that makes me ponder yet further that there may be a "special edition" release of the box set before the 2nd season rolls around later this year. :sneaky:

The Buck Rogers parody? Classic!

Aye that's the hammer. A classic indeed. :D

bassman
20-Apr-2011, 06:20 PM
Hmmm, that makes me ponder yet further that there may be a "special edition" release of the box set before the 2nd season rolls around later this year. :sneaky:

That's the word on the skreet. They released the bare bones edition as quick as possible because it was only six episodes and to cash in on the show's enormous success, while the real meaty edition will be released before Season Two. With six months to go, hopefully we'll get some sort of confirmation on that. I will be seriously disappointed if they don't. All of AMC's other shows get multiple commentaries per episode, thorough documentaries, the whole works. And I've really enjoyed Darabon't past commentaries, so fingers crossed.

MinionZombie
21-Apr-2011, 10:06 AM
That's the word on the skreet. They released the bare bones edition as quick as possible because it was only six episodes and to cash in on the show's enormous success, while the real meaty edition will be released before Season Two. With six months to go, hopefully we'll get some sort of confirmation on that. I will be seriously disappointed if they don't. All of AMC's other shows get multiple commentaries per episode, thorough documentaries, the whole works. And I've really enjoyed Darabon't past commentaries, so fingers crossed.

I'm certainly hoping so! *fingers crossed* Because that I will buy.

jded
21-Apr-2011, 08:29 PM

Oh yeah I remember that one, it was a good episode. The one I don't think I'll ever forget is, I think like where Stan's father has to take a big shit, and they compare it to Bono's or something? And then you got the one where Cartman's hating ginger kids and goes psycho Hitler.

Awwwww hell no! Don't even talk like that. I hope your joking, and if you are that's cruel bro. Your fucking with me right? 2 years? Not even!

BOBSMITH
21-Apr-2011, 08:35 PM
I just still can't believe there's a zombie TV series.

bassman
21-Apr-2011, 08:37 PM
Awwwww hell no! Don't even talk like that. I hope your joking, and if you are that's cruel bro. Your fucking with me right? 2 years? Not even!

I'm afraid im not. Assuming they stick to the usual schedule, Season Three will start sometime around Halloween 2012, so you can expect the Season Two dvd set around that time as well. About 1.5 years from now...

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

It is a great thing. Something we've talked and dreamed about around here for years. Of course Dead Set came before, but I think TWD is more in line with what most of us Romero fans wanted.

Neil
21-Apr-2011, 10:00 PM

Indeed!!!

http://www.homepageofthedead.com/films/tv/main.html

^^ Would love to know what tripped this/these up!

MinionZombie
22-Apr-2011, 09:45 AM
It is a great thing. Something we've talked and dreamed about around here for years. Of course Dead Set came before, but I think TWD is more in line with what most of us Romero fans wanted.

I enjoyed Dead Set, but it was just like a long movie done in episodic form. It was an interesting idea, and it had some really cool moments - but it had runners in it, the camera shaked all over the place, it was too dark sometimes, and the director had absolutely zero interest in zombie films (as I was disappointed to find out on the DVD extras). It was still a good show/tv movie, with a good central idea from writer Charlie Brooker, but it was certainly not perfect.

The Walking Dead, on the other hand, is exactly what I was after in terms of a televised zombie apocalypse - with shamblers no less ... or, indeed, "Hinzman Hobblers". ;)

ZombieGrrL
27-Apr-2011, 12:07 PM
6 months is way too long to wait. I want it back NOW!

bassman
27-Apr-2011, 12:22 PM
It could have been longer than one year. The new seasons of both Breaking Bad and Mad Men have been pushed back by several months. Hell....I think Mad Men was pushed all the way back to next year when it should have started this summer/fall?

zomtom
04-May-2011, 06:44 AM
I'm old. Six months will go by in a blink of an eye so I'm not worrying. Brought TWD blu ray to camp with me this weekend. The weather sucked so I watched it all in one sitting. I think I've watched the full season about six times already. I need to get a life!! If anything, in six months, I'll have the first season entirely memorized.