PDA

View Full Version : Could Bride of Chucky count as a "romance" film?

UndeadChicken
14-May-2011, 04:03 PM
I'm actually a big fan of the movie Bride of Chucky, I loved Jennifer Tilly's performance as the hot-but-creepy girlfriend of the killer doll Chucky who becomes a doll like him.

Anyways I think what makes this film so awesome is that it's not only horror but also seems to be a combination of things like comedy, and possibly even romance.

I know that's disturbing to think of the film as a romance movie, but you gotta admit the romance is there. Chucky and Tiffany's "love" is shown in the movie with all the cliche cheesiness you'd expect from a romance film but done in a dark and twisted way. They're always in-love and then fighting each other like any real couple, and they use something they're both into, which is murder, as a form of foreplay.

Plus I can't help but find the relationship between Chucky and Tiffany touching. What do you guys think of this?

rongravy
14-May-2011, 06:49 PM
Yeah, but the puppet sex in Team America beats it all to heck.
Tilly does give me wood, though...

bassman
14-May-2011, 07:13 PM
Tilly does give me wood, though...

There IS something about her, isn't there? I kinda know in the back of my mind that I really shouldn't be attracted, but somehow I can't shake it. There are several pros and cons with the lady, but I just can't put my finger on it. It was only made worse once she started playing poker on the tube. That pretty much sealed the deal.

As for the movie - Haven't seen it in years. From what I remember I wasn't too impressed, but I could definitely see it as a fun guilty pleasure kind of flick. My favorites are still the first and second. Even the third has some kind of appeal. "Seed" however, should have all copies burned. I couldn't make it half way through that thing...

rongravy
15-May-2011, 04:37 AM
There IS something about her, isn't there? I kinda know in the back of my mind that I really shouldn't be attracted, but somehow I can't shake it. There are several pros and cons with the lady, but I just can't put my finger on it. It was only made worse once she started playing poker on the tube. That pretty much sealed the deal.

It's her slutty voice, and her overall sluttiness aura. Her sister was a bigger name for awhile, but she just doesn't have it. She's skinnier, where Jennifer is curvy and oh so jiggly in the right places. If you were banging her sister, Meg, she's the one you'd be thinking about.
It's natural, don't even try to explain it to yourself, let alone fight it...

bassman
15-May-2011, 05:22 AM
Damn Ron.....you've thought this out...

DjfunkmasterG
15-May-2011, 10:34 AM
I would take Jen over Meg any day of the week. Jen is just the right kind of slut. :p

UndeadChicken
15-May-2011, 01:59 PM
Yeah Jennifer Tilly is pretty damn hot, but it's kind of ironic how her character Tiffany made it clear that she wasn't a slut, stating that "I'll kill anybody but I'll only sleep with somebody I love". You gotta love a femme fatale with old fashion values. :P

MoonSylver
15-May-2011, 04:44 PM
Jennifer Tilly=Hot. Curvy, breathy voice, huge assets. :kiss: :o

Even though Bride is where the series has now taken a turn that it is hard to come back from (over the top cheesey w/ humor) I do really like it. Great comeback for Chucky, nice new look & adds the new element of Tiffany in to keep it fresh.

Eyebiter
16-May-2011, 12:52 AM
There is a Child's Play remake slated for 2013.

ZombieKeeper
08-Jun-2011, 07:13 PM
I'm actually a big fan of the movie Bride of Chucky

Lol, I suppose it could be.