PDA

View Full Version : What DOTD78 props are still about?

kev
05-Jun-2011, 03:55 PM
Hi,
I'm a big DOTD78 fan, I'm interested to know what screen used props are still floating about in collections, I used to have a SWAT uniform but needed to cash it in, is there any other interesting props still left. I saw people talking about M16s in old posts, would love one of these but I live in the UK and I don't think I could get it in to the country.

axlish
05-Jun-2011, 08:05 PM
Kev,

I know that Nicotero is sitting on Foree's AK-47 (thanks to thxleo). Taso owns his outfit. I think he sold the sledgehammer, but I could be mistaken.

Sadly, I am not holding on to anything. People are quite hip to collecting expensive props for this film. I tried to win one of the letters to the Equibank sign and was disgusted at the amount it sold for (well over $200 if I recall).

My dream would be Foree's scoped Marlin. Flyboy's Jacket would be sweet, too.

JDFP
05-Jun-2011, 08:32 PM
I've always wondered what happened to Dr. Logan's blood-soaked lab coat, personally. I don't know if Richard Liberty kept it or not. I think that would be a cool thing just to wear around the house when friends come over: "Oh, did I get some blood on me? Sorry, sorry, I was just doing an experiment out back. What have you been up to recently?"

:sneaky::D

j.p.

kev
06-Jun-2011, 04:54 AM
I do know the sledge hammer was sold about 15 years ago by Tom Savini to a collector, he took it to the 25th reunion at Pittsburgh and I had a photo taken holding it. He had it for sale about 3 years ago, he sold it but I don't know what he got for it. He also had 2 swords from the film that Savini sold him but one sword had about a quarter of a second screen used time and that was it.
I also saw the Machettes that chopped Len lies at the show that another collector had.

Now the recession has hit I wonder what these items would bring now.

Yojimbo
06-Jun-2011, 09:12 AM
I do know the sledge hammer was sold about 15 years ago by Tom Savini to a collector, he took it to the 25th reunion at Pittsburgh and I had a photo taken holding it. He had it for sale about 3 years ago for $7500, he sold it but I don't know what he got for it. He also had 2 swords from the film that Savini sold him for sale at $2000 but one sword had about a quarter of a second screen used time and that was it.
I also saw the Machettes that chopped Len lies at the show that another collector had.

Now the recession has hit I wonder what these items would bring now.
I got one of the five prop M-16s replicas used in the film! One of the other five is the property of another HPOTD member, another is in the collection Greg Nicotero, and the remaining two are part of the private collection of a dude in New York. Very happy to have one of the five screen used M-16 props! Given the amounts you've qupted that were spent on other memoriablillia, I think I came out ahead.

---------- Post added at 02:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 AM ----------

Kev,

I know that Nicotero is sitting on Foree's AK-47 (thanks to thxleo). Not an AK-47, but a replica of an M-16, a Jager AP-74. Proud to own one of the five versions used in the film.

Neil
06-Jun-2011, 05:45 PM
I've always wondered what happened to Dr. Logan's blood-soaked lab coat, personally. I don't know if Richard Liberty kept it or not. I think that would be a cool thing just to wear around the house when friends come over: "Oh, did I get some blood on me? Sorry, sorry, I was just doing an experiment out back. What have you been up to recently?"

:sneaky::D

j.p.

I suspect that sort of thing would most likely just get chucked at the time....

Doc Foster
07-Jun-2011, 01:33 PM
Taso owns his outfit.

Actually, Taso's jacket from the film is now in the possession of his brother, Chris "The Greek" Stavrakis.

JDFP
07-Jun-2011, 01:52 PM
I suspect that sort of thing would most likely just get chucked at the time....

That would be a shame if that's the case. The lab coat was a signature for Dr. Logan.

j.p.

thxleo
07-Jun-2011, 05:52 PM
This past weekend, while working the Saturday Nightmares convention with Mike Gornick, he informed me that he has the binoculars that Ken Foree uses during the scene where they are looking at the truck yard in Dawn of the Dead. Mike also has Tata Cuda's cross from Martin as well.

kev
07-Jun-2011, 07:01 PM
This past weekend, while working the Saturday Nightmares convention with Mike Gornick, he informed me that he has the binoculars that Ken Foree uses during the scene where they are looking at the truck yard in Dawn of the Dead. Mike also has Tata Cuda's cross from Martin as well.
I would love a prop like the binoculars, so cool