PDA

View Full Version : Fangoria Weekend of Horrors (2006 @ Chicago)

Cereval
18-Feb-2006, 02:18 AM
Romero's back in town and he's finally brought Savini with him!

http://www.preciousnightmare.com/forum/uploads/Cereval/2006-02-11_151740_fango2006_2.jpg

jscott
18-Feb-2006, 02:53 AM
Wish I could make it for this, but I'm coming up to Chi-town the week of St. Patty's Day, and don't have the cash for two trips.

So Homepage went to a VBulletin Board................(thinks about old Discserver days.....)

Cereval
18-Feb-2006, 03:42 AM
Wish I could make it for this, but I'm coming up to Chi-town the week of St. Patty's Day, and don't have the cash for two trips.

Ah ... that would be rough on the pocket, I agree.

So Homepage went to a VBulletin Board................(thinks about old Discserver days.....)

Yeah, wouldn't have been my first choice <cough cough WebWiz (http://www.preciousnightmare.com)> ... but hey, if this is our new home, I'm claiming my spot on the couch and calling dibs on the comfy-est bed.

jscott
18-Feb-2006, 01:57 PM
If I hadn't already met GAR and Savini, I'd be there for sure. Looks like a solid con.

Make sure you keep us abreast of any horror gossip/news that you may hear.

idsaluteyoubub
21-Feb-2006, 12:00 AM
I am ****ed it has to happen in March, since I am in my last semester of college and probaby wont be able to make it. Bollocks...he never really comes to Chicago either...

idsaluteyoubub
21-Feb-2006, 12:01 AM
Aw, mother****ing **** ass ****balls tainthumping **** popsicle...this board bleeps swear words now? Not cool.

Cereval
21-Feb-2006, 12:05 AM
I am ****ed it has to happen in March, since I am in my last semester of college and probaby wont be able to make it. Bollocks...he never really comes to Chicago either...

Dude, I thought you wouldn't understood by now: Romero comes before school.

Cereval
21-Feb-2006, 12:12 AM
Aw, mother****ing **** ass ****balls tainthumping **** popsicle...this board bleeps swear words now? Not cool.

The bleeper is cool. I have it on my forum too. Neil can have fun with this feature - instead of using asterisks, he can replace the swear with more relevant words ("motherf*cker" becomes "zombielover" etc..) :o

idsaluteyoubub
21-Feb-2006, 12:14 AM
The bleeper is cool. I have it on my forum too. Neil can have fun with this feature - instead of using asterisks, he can replace the swear with more relevant words ("motherf*cker" becomes "zombielover" etc..) :o

Well, at least I can still use tainthumper and not have that bleeped out:D

Cereval
21-Feb-2006, 12:17 AM
Well, at least I can still use tainthumper and not have that bleeped out:D

Bad move at disclosing that gem. Neil can add that to the censor list now. :(

idsaluteyoubub
26-Feb-2006, 07:13 PM
What sucks the most is that I have my spring break a week later...this convention taunts me.

Cereval
27-Feb-2006, 02:06 PM
What sucks the most is that I have my spring break a week later...this convention taunts me.

It'll be good times ... me and my GF are taking a long weekend off, Apocryphism is swinging up from NC ... the party starts Friday and ends Monday here at Camp Deadscapes! :cool: :D

MinionZombie
28-Feb-2006, 10:29 AM
Funny how Misty Mundae gets a white box top slot along with Romero and Savini while Kurtzman and Rooker sit in amongst the crowd, lol, and also - damn is James Gunn young, no wonder Yawn04 was so MTV-friendly, it was written by a freakin' kiddywink...alright for some though eh, finding a good start young...bastard...

*yeh I'm bitter...so what of it?* :D

*to jscott* (damn I forgot about the friggin' merge thingy)

Holy crap, you were around for the Discserver days too? Damn that was a long time ago - 1998 fer me, what about you? At least we have accounts and footers and bells and whistles now ... none of that manual input of name and email annnnd title, then post crap. :D

jscott
01-Mar-2006, 12:18 AM
*to jscott* (damn I forgot about the friggin' merge thingy)

Holy crap, you were around for the Discserver days too? Damn that was a long time ago - 1998 fer me, what about you? At least we have accounts and footers and bells and whistles now ... none of that manual input of name and email annnnd title, then post crap. :D

I think it was 98 or 99 for me when I first came around, and to be honest, I kinda miss the simplicistic, minimal old board.

Cereval
11-Mar-2006, 02:42 AM
Just as a quick update ...

Skipped Saturday, went on Sunday.
It was 2 ballrooms + a screening room worth of vendors.
Saw only a small fraction of listed guests (although they might've all been there on Saturday).
Saw Tom Savini sitting by his lonesome at his table, seemingly ignored by guests. He appeared to be pushing buttons on his cell phone under the table. We approached and stood before him, awaiting some kind of acknowledgement. He looked up briefly and continued counting his cash. After awhile I asked him when Chill Factor II would be out and that I liked the first one. His reply was "when someone decides to pay enough money for it to be made." My friends and I looked at each other and we walked away. I glanced back at one of my childhood heroes and remembered ... my childhood is long gone.
This was by far the skimpiest and most uninteresting con I've been to (including 2 other WOH). We were a little disappointed.
On the brighter side, I picked up glossy 11x17s of Land and Day from George's table. And I got the new Buckethead 2-disc DVD. :skull:

MinionZombie
11-Mar-2006, 11:07 AM
Hmmm...see, this is why I don't really wanna meet my heroes - as they say, they'll usually only disappoint - they're people too I guess :D

jscott
11-Mar-2006, 05:27 PM

Saw Tom Savini sitting by his lonesome at his table, seemingly ignored by guests. He appeared to be pushing buttons on his cell phone under the table. We approached and stood before him, awaiting some kind of acknowledgement. He looked up briefly and continued counting his cash. After awhile I asked him when Chill Factor II would be out and that I liked the first one. His reply was "when someone decides to pay enough money for it to be made." My friends and I looked at each other and we walked away. I glanced back at one of my childhood heroes and remembered ... my childhood is long gone.

This makes baby Jesus cry.

Cereval, did you happen to talk to George? I only ask since I've heard a rumor that he & Christine are splitting up. Inquiring minds want to know, is this true?

MinionZombie
11-Mar-2006, 09:26 PM
Damn that sucks, what is it with people always breaking up, geez.

First it was Brad & Jen, now it's George & Christine ... lol.

jscott
11-Mar-2006, 09:36 PM
it's only a rumor...

Cereval
13-Mar-2006, 12:35 PM
Cereval, did you happen to talk to George? I only ask since I've heard a rumor that he & Christine are splitting up. Inquiring minds want to know, is this true?

Actually, I didn't even really see George. He had a whole room to himself where he was being mobbed for autographs. I figure I had my brushes with The Man and I'd leave him be ... as for the rumor, who knows ... I've had the feeling that they haven't been on the best terms in recent years. But to break up now would really be futile IMO.

tkane18
13-Mar-2006, 05:31 PM

That sucks! :eek:

DjfunkmasterG
14-Mar-2006, 02:42 PM
Pretty decent line-up.

But I don't think I will be making it. Too much going on with the film.

and to comment about Savini... When you aren't in the "Circle" you are pretty much ignored. I was even surprised he remembered me from the DAWN World Premiere party in LA. He can be a bit of an asshole.

idsaluteyoubub
16-Mar-2006, 01:06 AM
I hear more times that not that Savini is an utter asshat...and he was a bit of an asshat when I met him a few years back. More quiet...but people could easily take that as asshat-ish...as I did, especially when I hear more and more the way he treats his fans.

I hear that Romero is an incredibly friendly guy, however.

MinionZombie
16-Mar-2006, 10:14 AM
Savini's probably let the fame go to his head, the whole "being an actor" thing reeks of it - don't give up the day job Tom, seriously, lol.

As for GAR, he seems like a really chilled out kinda guy, on all the docs and all the DVDs and from all the folk who have met him from these forums, he sounds like a really cool, laid back kinda dude. Guess he's really putting that 60s spin on life. It's good to see GAR's also stuck to his guns and not done a John Carpenter in the film industry too.

Rock on GAR.