View Full Version : ** COMIC SPOILER ** - - - - - hand/no hand

Tom Price
17-Jun-2011, 07:15 PM
Edit

Good on ya Uncle Neil

Enable us peons to edit your posts.

bassman
17-Jun-2011, 08:20 PM
Kirkman's said before that losing Rick's hand only caused future problems and if he were given the chance to do it over again, which now he has that chance in the TV show, that the hand would stay.

What "feminine side" of Rick are you meaning?

Rancid Carcass
17-Jun-2011, 10:40 PM
What "feminine side" of Rick are you meaning?

He's a nice guy, cares about his family and tries to do the right thing by everyone - real men don't do these things - Real men are beer swillin', womanising, rootin' tootin' son-of-a-guns! Yeehaw! :p

Neil
18-Jun-2011, 07:09 AM
FFS! Is this thread just one huge spoiler from the comic book!!!???

dracenstein
18-Jun-2011, 09:37 PM
Probably.

mpokera
18-Jun-2011, 09:54 PM
not sure which way to vote here? Does two hands mean Rick keeps both hands? or that there would now be two charachters that lost hands?

Neil
18-Jun-2011, 10:11 PM
Probably.
I HATE spoilers WITHOUT spoiler warnings :( Very selfish!

Danny
19-Jun-2011, 11:54 AM
this is something that happened in the comics years ago and had absolutely no relevance to the plot whatsoever. so 1: its not going to happen in the series because its too much trouble to work around" 2: it really affects nothing at all anyway so its not really a spoiler that characters will get hurt because this 1 singular piece of years old information from the comic -which probably wont occur in the show at all- tells you absolutely nothing about the plot of the walking dead.

what has really been 'selfishly' spoiled with this? give me the plotlines that where ruined.

bassman
20-Jun-2011, 03:58 PM
what has really been 'selfishly' spoiled with this? give me the plotlines that where ruined.

I agree....nothings been spoiled here. I had heard about the hand before I started reading the comics and it spoiled absolutely nothing related to the story. How he loses his hand might be considered a spoiler, but the fact that he loses it is kinda "out in the wild" at this point. You can google TWD and you're likely to get multiple images showing Rick's arm. I've seen articles discussing the show use pictures of Ricks arm, actually. It's just one of those things...

dracenstein
26-Jun-2011, 09:35 AM
Just want to point out that I don't read the comics, but did hear of comic-Rick losing his hand somewhere...

Mr.G
27-Jun-2011, 03:37 PM
Losing the hand reminded me of Ash from Evil Dead and didn't seem like it meant anything. Rick should either keep the hand OR go 180 and lose it like Chubbs from Happy Gilmore.

Thorn
29-Jun-2011, 04:38 PM
Losing the hand made him more human (not that it was required, he was the most real person in the comic) it also made him vulnerable physically as well as frail mentally (i:e the phone thing) he is a man who is flawed, and challenged, and still leading and carrying on despite all of that.

I HATED him losing his hand in the comic but it was a good plot point, and a way to drive his character.

That said I would rather he keep it in the show, you can show those things other ways and take something away from the guy that doesn't require a fake stump and the goofy crap you need to do to work around that.