PDA

View Full Version : Frank Darabont interview - Stephen King's involvement...

Neil
24-Jun-2011, 09:34 PM
http://www.fearnet.com/news/b22959_frank_darabont_michonne_stephen_king.html

Tom Price
25-Jun-2011, 02:05 AM
A whole lot of analyziation there aside from the link.
You should do engineering and technical reviews.

Do you not have ANY thoughts or views on anything?
Just a link dropper I get it.

Neil
25-Jun-2011, 08:00 AM
A whole lot of analyziation there aside from the link.
You should do engineering and technical reviews.

Do you not have ANY thoughts or views on anything?
Just a link dropper I get it.

Tom, your behaviour at times on this forum is not what I would deem suitable for the kind of friendly environment we wish to endorse here. ie: You seem to go out of your way to create issues and argument with people (& it's been noted and acted upon a number of times now).

Please consider the content and nature of your posts on this forum, because we try and keep this place fun and friendly. We can only ask you so many times to fit in with this policy, and have to always consider the experience of the majority who do manage to act in an adult and sociable manner. ie: Ultimately, if one individual seems unable to act sociably, then we have no alternative other that to unfortunately take action to address it.

krisvds
25-Jun-2011, 04:46 PM
Oooooh. Wait a minute; Michone will 'rock our worlds' in season 3? Does this mean a third season has been confirmed?

Must have missed out on that announcement. Well, great news anyway.
Now please guys: don't fuck up and let's hope they stick as close to the brutal heart of the comic as possible.

MinionZombie
25-Jun-2011, 06:32 PM
I would highly doubt season 3 has been locked yet in any way shape or form - it's a hopeful, future-thinking statement by Darabont providing everything goes well for season two ... which I hope it does, because they certainly got off to a very good start with season one.

Looking forward to seeing the new season! I can't wait! :cool:

bassman
25-Jun-2011, 09:36 PM
I would highly doubt season 3 has been locked yet in any way shape or form

I agree that season three probably isn't in any kind of locked position, but you know they've thought about it a good bit and it really IS inevitable. After the success of the first season we can go ahead and expect at least three more seasons. It's a given.

That being said, we might as well go ahead and prepare ourselves for a season two finale cliff hanger. Count on it.

rongravy
26-Jun-2011, 05:52 AM
i'd be happier if clive barker was invovled. stephen king is the kiss of death. that guy hasn't been relevant since the early 80's. other than the stand and IT, he is a f*cking hack. hey, look at me, i can swear. i can call people fags. just who voted him to be the king of horror anyway?

Neil
26-Jun-2011, 07:30 AM
i'd be happier if clive barker was invovled. stephen king is the kiss of death. that guy hasn't been relevant since the early 80's. other than the stand and IT, he is a f*cking hack. hey, look at me, i can swear. i can call people fags. just who voted him to be the king of horror anyway?

I'd say some his more recent stuff has really picked up in quality again...

krisvds
26-Jun-2011, 07:35 AM
I'd say some his more recent stuff has really picked up in quality again...

Agreed. In stark contrast with Barker's almost none existent output these past couple of years. The guy was at the top of his game decades ago with Imajica and The Great and Secret show IMO. I was a huge fan of his work back then. King has written some great stuff recently. I quite enjoyed Under The Dome.

Neil
26-Jun-2011, 08:04 AM
King has written some great stuff recently. I quite enjoyed Under The Dome.
Just After Sunset was very good IMHO.

Rancid Carcass
26-Jun-2011, 02:45 PM
Stephen King is a good writer but lets face it, he's not a patch on Richard Bachman. Or is he? :shifty:

JDFP
26-Jun-2011, 03:50 PM
Stephen King is a good writer but lets face it, he's not a patch on Richard Bachman. Or is he? :shifty:

I'm still personally waiting on a collection of Richard Bachman short stories, now that would be great!

As far as the issue in King's quality, I don't think he can top what he achieved in the 80's. When King was still struggling in the late 70's/early 80's I don't think anyone would disagree he did his best work. At that time, he had to write out of necessity to feed himself and his wife and kids. He was also taking a great number of drugs and drinking a lot (hey, alcohol produces some wonder!) and was able to vein in on some tripping things. I think since his own near death experience and his change in lifestyles his writing has taken on a more personal note as opposed to attempting to entertain folks. It's not that his work is bad now (I rather enjoy some of it) so much as just completely different from his earlier work.

j.p.

Neil
26-Jun-2011, 05:46 PM
I'm still personally waiting on a collection of Richard Bachman short stories, now that would be great!

As far as the issue in King's quality, I don't think he can top what he achieved in the 80's. When King was still struggling in the late 70's/early 80's I don't think anyone would disagree he did his best work. At that time, he had to write out of necessity to feed himself and his wife and kids. He was also taking a great number of drugs and drinking a lot (hey, alcohol produces some wonder!) and was able to vein in on some tripping things. I think since his own near death experience and his change in lifestyles his writing has taken on a more personal note as opposed to attempting to entertain folks. It's not that his work is bad now (I rather enjoy some of it) so much as just completely different from his earlier work.

j.p.

Agreed! But I have to say "Just After Sunset" is a great piece of work IMHO!

Sammich
04-Jul-2011, 09:18 PM
I don't have a problem with King writing ONE episode. My hope is that the rumor of Steven Segal being put in season 2 is completely false. If they are going to resort to using typecast actors in why not just throw in Paul Bettany as an insane priest going around "saving" zombies and "heretic" survivors that refuse to become his followers by shooting them in the head.

I would rather that they go the Romero route and use uknown and lesser known actors.

bassman
04-Jul-2011, 09:38 PM
I don't have a problem with King writing ONE episode. My hope is that the rumor of Steven Segal being put in season 2 is completely false. If they are going to resort to using typecast actors in why not just throw in Paul Bettany as an insane priest going around "saving" zombies and "heretic" survivors that refuse to become his followers by shooting them in the head.

I would rather that they go the Romero route and use uknown and lesser known actors.

I think it's fairly safe to say the Segal rumor was false. It would just be a gimmick and I don't think the people behind the show would sink quite that low. There were also rumors of Charlie Sheen and Lindsey Lohan, if that tells you anything. Probably just names tossed out by the likes of check out line magazines and Entertainment Tonight then circled the net for a while.

Neil
04-Jul-2011, 09:43 PM
My hope is that the rumor of Steven Segal being put in season 2 is completely false.

You mean the rumour I put forward as an April fool?

http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?18653-Steven-Seagal-news-confirmed...

I might just deserve an award for this :)

bassman
04-Jul-2011, 10:10 PM
:lol:

You started that here? I think I saw that "news" on other sites as well....

Rancid Carcass
04-Jul-2011, 11:36 PM
Well, I don't think it really matters who started the rumour, but I think can all agree that all our hopes and dreams now lie in ruins... ;)

Neil
05-Jul-2011, 08:42 AM
:lol:

You started that here? I think I saw that "news" on other sites as well....

No, I started that here on april fools day... :)

bassman
26-Oct-2011, 12:21 PM
As you would probably expect, King's involvement departed the show at the very same moment Darabont was given the boot. http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/10/21/not-really-a-shock-king-and-joe-hills-walking-dead-went-away-with-darabont/

MinionZombie
26-Oct-2011, 05:53 PM
As you would probably expect, King's involvement departed the show at the very same moment Darabont was given the boot. http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/10/21/not-really-a-shock-king-and-joe-hills-walking-dead-went-away-with-darabont/

A further shame as a result of that whole sorry situation. :(

Let's just hope it doesn't mess with the show overall, eh?