PDA

View Full Version : The Ruins

shootemindehead
19-Jul-2011, 06:51 PM
Anybody seen this? I watched it last night and found it to be quite good.

Maybe that was because it followed '30 Days of Night: Dark Days'. :confused:

All in all though, a pretty effective, creepy little horror pic.

MikePizzoff
19-Jul-2011, 07:01 PM
I've actually passed this up a couple of times, because I've assumed it to be a typical teeny-bopper horror flick. However, you're the second person I've seen mention this movie today, so maybe it's time to give in.

Mike70
19-Jul-2011, 07:08 PM
I've actually passed this up a couple of times, because I've assumed it to be a typical teeny-bopper horror flick. However, you're the second person I've seen mention this movie today, so maybe it's time to give in.

dude, if shootem is actually recommending something not only do we all need to mark our calendars but also check it out immediately. just kidding shootem.

anyway,
i've seen the ruins and it is worth a look for sure.

AcesandEights
19-Jul-2011, 07:22 PM
I can't recall if I finished the film, but the premise is kind of a classic one, if I recall correctly.

bassman
19-Jul-2011, 07:24 PM
Is this the one with killer plants on the pyramid? :shifty:

Mike70
19-Jul-2011, 08:24 PM

that's the one.

JDFP
19-Jul-2011, 09:07 PM

Yes, and it's actually surprisingly good. My future girlfriend Jena Malone is in it and is highly yummy looking too. I agree with others as it's a fine little horror flick.

j.p.

shootemindehead
19-Jul-2011, 09:10 PM
dude, if shootem is actually recommending something not only do we all need to mark our calendars but also check it out immediately. just kidding shootem.

anyway,
i've seen the ruins and it is worth a look for sure.

Nah...I've changed my mind Mike. It's bollocks.

Seriously though, I was actually pleasantly surprised by it. The teens are wankers, but what happens to them is pretty good. Some decent effects too.

It's not going to blow anyones mind, but it's novel enough and handles the subject well enough.

Anyway, 'Ironclad' is on the box tonight, so I'm going all medieval ina few minutes.

bassman
20-Jul-2011, 02:11 AM
that's the one.

Yeah, I'm going to have to disagree with the op. While it's not horrible, it's also not anything special. And this is coming from a guy with "heebie jeebie skin issues". Skin problems freak me out.

And yes, JD.....Malone is a fine piece of ace...

Purge
20-Jul-2011, 03:32 AM
I also gave in after seeing the leg amputation scene as a nominee for some kind of "Mutilation Of The Year" award on a TV show. It was quite good; I was creeped out by the way the vines could mimic noises the way they did.

ZombieGrrL
23-Jul-2011, 12:42 PM
I enjoyed this movie too. It was a pleasant surprise after trudging through a bunch of shitty horror movies. :D

LouCipherr
25-Jul-2011, 04:10 PM
Huh, it's interesting you mention this flick - I just got it on DVD from Netflix last week and have been wanting to get to it, but went away to North Carolina for vacation and haven't been able to watch it yet.

It's on my list, and I'll probably watch it this week sometime. It's nice to know I'm not in for a complete suck-fest with this one, as I was pretty unsure as wether to even rent it or not. :D