PDA

View Full Version : Season Two Trailer

bassman
22-Jul-2011, 08:14 PM
ipuXgEQarPI

Official premiere date of October 16th, as well.

There's actually a pretty obvious spoiler in there, but I guess they didn't care enough. Some bits of Hershel's farm as well. :hyper:

JDFP
22-Jul-2011, 09:18 PM
Totally nuts premiering this two weeks before Halloween. Why not premiere it on Halloween night? It would be perfect to show the season premiere on Halloween every year to kick off the new season.

Anyway, I'm definitely looking forward to it but I'm going to hold off and watch it on Halloween night as part of my annual Halloween horror fest marathon. :D

j.p.

bassman
22-Jul-2011, 10:10 PM
Totally nuts premiering this two weeks before Halloween. Why not premiere it on Halloween night? It would be perfect to show the season premiere on Halloween every year to kick off the new season.

AMC's shows play on Sunday nights. Halloween falls on a Monday this year.

kidgloves
22-Jul-2011, 11:21 PM
Now the trial period its over is time to get down to some serious zombie post apocalyptic action. That trailer has it in spades and some very welcome spoliers on whats to come.

JDFP
23-Jul-2011, 12:12 AM
AMC's shows play on Sunday nights. Halloween falls on a Monday this year.

So, play it on Monday night for Halloween for the first episode and do an encore the next Sunday. Problem solved. It's all good for me anyway, it just means I'll have two episodes to watch on Halloween night instead of just one. :D

j.p.

bassman
23-Jul-2011, 02:11 AM
So, play it on Monday night for Halloween for the first episode and do an encore the next Sunday. Problem solved.

After all this time are people still really this blind?

TWD is nothing more than another show to AMC. They'll work it accordingly, but they're not going to form it around the zombie nerd's wishes. It's another one of their shows. Stop wishing it's something different, because it's not. Season Two will start on a Sunday in October. It's not a stab at fans, but a normal marketing move.

Be happy with what we're getting rather than crapping on the plan. When was the last time we saw a (great - or any) zombie series on TV? That's right - NEVER.

Be grateful ya little yuppie larva.

rongravy
23-Jul-2011, 04:25 AM
When they decided to go under the cars, I was like, "WTF about the smell thangie?!?!?"
That, and why not kill a few slow moving zombified fleshlings without wasting bullets or whereabouts via sound from your guns?
I noticed, at times, that they seemed to move a bit faster than before. Still, this cowboy likes what he sees. Even when they grate a little cheese...
Fuck waiting for two weeks before Halloween, bring this schnizz on now.

krisvds
23-Jul-2011, 07:20 AM
Just wanted to say: thanks for the post Bassman. That just made my morning. Nothing like waking up with a cup of coffee and some zombies.
Like what I'm seeing. Pretty nice music in that trailer.

MinionZombie
23-Jul-2011, 11:05 AM
My reaction can be summed up thusly:

http://webservice.imagesauce.net/image/239018/400x.jpg

While yes, I too thought "what about the smell issue?" when they went under the cars, and indeed "don't shoot the one alone, mash it's head in", I can also somewhat understand these situations happening - or at least the first one - the second one is a reveal of sorts. Maybe he's just scoping out what's behind them before he deals with it. When you're about to be swarmed like that though, what else can you really do but hide under the cars? That should be a tense scene.

Loving the look of what's to come (could this all be footage from episode one, which could be another extra-long episode? Or maybe it's from the first couple of episodes) ... this looks properly bleak, and superbly dramatic (just like the comic). This looks dark, proper dark. CANNOT WAIT TO SEE IT!

As for the premiere date - being that it's in October, that's fine enough I think. You don't want to show an episode on a Monday just because it happens to be Halloween, you've got to maintain a regular time slot on a regular day of the week to build your audience - moving it in the schedules ain't going to help you - plus, being that October is kind of 'the month of Halloween' for those that care, that's good enough ... indeed, it could help you build up your anticipation of halloween night itself. So mid-October is just fine ... indeed we're getting it a couple of weeks earlier, so that's good news everyone! :)

Thanks for posting this bassman - I'm gonna save a HD copy so I can watch it over-and-over again like I did with last year's trailer. :cool:

Tricky
23-Jul-2011, 01:03 PM
Looks awesome dudes! As someone who hasnt read the comics I was kinda wondering what direction a second series would head in but this gives me a good idea :)
As for hiding under the cars, can't see why it wouldnt work unless zombification gives the undead a sudden superhuman/dog like sense of smell! after all wouldnt a huge backlog of vehicles like that smell of oil, rotting corpses & everything else making it hard to sniff out a few people? As much as I dont want to wish the summer away, I cant wait for this in October!

Neil
23-Jul-2011, 09:24 PM
Watched half the trailer then stopped in fear it would spoil it when I watched the true episodes...

MinionZombie
24-Jul-2011, 10:32 AM
Watched half the trailer then stopped in fear it would spoil it when I watched the true episodes...

I might have to re-watch it again, but I don't think it really spoils anything - it's just a massive winky tease, but as winky teases go, I'm happy to have the anticipatory blue balls for this fine filly ... or something perverted like that ... what I'm saying is, I'm so up for TWD Season 2 :D ... and I don't think you should worry too much about spoilers from the trailer, but I might have to re-watch it again to confirm that assumption.

For instance, there's a suggestion of one thing happening in the trailer, but - providing it's still as-is from the comic - it's a crafty bit of editing that turns it into something else from what it actually is in the story.

bassman
24-Jul-2011, 11:52 AM
There's a wink to a spoiler from the comic, but also one that's new to the show. Both of which can easily be seen in the trailer.

Comic-based spoiler:
Rick running with Carl toward Hershel's farm. This must be after he's shot, but maybe they've changed it up for the show?

New Show-altered character spoiler:
If you watch the "get under the cars!" scene in the trailer you can clearly make out that Sophia gets freaked out, runs out from under the cars, gets eaten, and her mother has to watch while Lori holds her back.

Of course the trailer may just make it look that way in an attempt to throw fans off, but I dunno. It's all laid out there to be seen.

kidgloves
24-Jul-2011, 12:24 PM
The trailer is all misdirection just like last year and just like the episode previews. No way would they give away a character death that easy.

bassman
24-Jul-2011, 12:34 PM
The trailer is all misdirection just like last year and just like the episode previews. No way would they give away a character death that easy.

I dunno man...

The "under the cars!" scene really puts it out there, but it's further shown if you watch the trailer a second time. At the beginning of the trailer you see a few shots of Sophia's mother walking alone, crying in a church alone, etc.

If it's misdirection, they certainly went far out of the way to trick the fans over such a minor character.

shootemindehead
24-Jul-2011, 12:42 PM
When they decided to go under the cars, I was like, "WTF about the smell thangie?!?!?"

That's exactly what popped into my mind and that's exactly why it's a completely stupid idea to introduce such a ridiculous trait for zombies.

kidgloves
24-Jul-2011, 12:52 PM
I dunno man...

The "under the cars!" scene really puts it out there, but it's further shown if you watch the trailer a second time. At the beginning of the trailer you see a few shots of Sophia's mother walking alone, crying in a church alone, etc.

If it's misdirection, they certainly went far out of the way to trick the fans over such a minor character.

It looked to me like Sophia gets under a car then she is attacked by walker and runs off. You then see Shane, i think, go after her over a verge. Until i see a chow down, i won't believe she gets eaten. Her death is just too damn obvious in the trailer. Up until this trailers release, i thought T-Dog was gone as well from the photos but no, he just catches his arm on car debris

Moon Knight
26-Jul-2011, 02:04 AM
The trailer was awesome and indeed is a perfect set up to the new season. As far as spoilers? I don't know, it can go either way. It didn't bother me at all and I hate spoilers.

bassman
26-Jul-2011, 03:20 AM
Has anyone gone back and watched the first season's trailer recently? It's strange how similar this new trailer is and how many 'deleted scenes' are included. I can't wait to see these things on the special edition dvd...

ShadowMan
26-Jul-2011, 03:27 AM
They may want us to think something so horrible as the little girl gets eaten...however I didnt see anything that pointed directly to that. Just maybe she runs off and gets lost or finds somewhere else to go...say, a farm (if so soon)?

kidgloves
26-Jul-2011, 06:07 AM
Theres always one bit in the first trailer that sticks out to me. When Rick is telling Morgan about the bodies he saw at the hospital he says there were some tossed down the stairwell. They must have made a late decision to change the stairwell scene and what a good choice it was

MinionZombie
26-Jul-2011, 09:54 AM
I re-watched the trailer last night, and I don't think you've got anything to worry about Neil in terms of spoilers. There's no out-right spoilers in the trailer, and anything that suggests something, seems more like misdirection (having read Volume 2 on which this season is based). So I think it's safe for you to watch the whole trailer - as you should - because it certainly got me all hot & bothered for season two (for which I was already rather randy).

Ragnarr
10-Aug-2011, 04:05 AM
The zombie sniffing thing. Could be several different factors at work as to why the zombies didn't detect the living hiding under the cars in the short. Could be a punctured gas tank and thus the living's smell was masked. Could be a wind direction thing. Could even be that the lead zombie "let one go" and the poor zombies staggering behind him had no choice but to hold their breaths (hee).

MikePizzoff
10-Aug-2011, 06:17 PM
Wow, the new season looks like they're really stepping their game up. I felt that the first season started off with a bang for the first episode, then just fizzled out. I kept watching it because I'm a fanboy, I suppose, but I felt unsatisfied. However, if this trailer is any indication of how the entire second season will run, then HELL YEAH. If it plays out like the first season, I'll still watch it, but I will continue to feel kind of empty.

Sammich
14-Aug-2011, 10:34 PM
Well, now that come out that Darabont was fired and that a former MTV exec is now running TWD produciton from his air conditioned office surrounded by MBA yes men here are my predictions IF there is a 3rd season:

1) With the new writers brought in because they will be firmly under corporate control, there will be deviation from the original storyline so egregious that the next to leave TWD will be Kirkman himself.

2) Killing off of characters that do not fit the corporate mandated demographic viewer. This means Glenn, Dale and Carl will meet untimely ends and be replaced with characters more "attractive" to the
target viewing audience. Expect more gangsta types and bimbos to create a reality show type atmosphere filled with thuggish behavior and sexual tension. Maybe even a commedian to add comic relief.

3) An increasing amount of made for Syfy channel movie grade CGI to reduce the cost of having Nicotero's crew on payroll.

4) The inclusion of Steven Segal into the cast becomes a reality, forcing Rick out of the leader role.

Yes I am cyinical. It is because I have seen time and time again corporate suits come in and attempt to justify their own jobs by trying to fix things that aren't broken. The end result is always a disaster.

Neil
15-Aug-2011, 09:09 AM
4) The inclusion of Steven Segal into the cast becomes a reality, forcing Rick out of the leader role.
Please please remember, the only place this has ever been suggested is in my April fool post! There's no way that will ever happen! Surely :)

bassman
15-Aug-2011, 12:36 PM
Hey....people honestly believed Charlie Sheen and Lindsey Lohan were going to be zombies. :stunned:

As for the management of the network - I'm still hoping for the best. I'm very disappointed that Darabont was given the boot for taking his time and money to make a quality product, but I still feel like this will all be ironed out in the end. Here's hoping for the best, anyway...

kidgloves
29-Aug-2011, 11:14 AM
Anyone else notice Shane is wearing his uniform at the beginning of the trailer.
Dream sequence no doubt.

Ghoulman
03-Sep-2011, 02:15 AM
I'm going with flashback. We need more backstory that shows the great lengths Shane went to keep Lori and Carl safe. Just to muddy the triangle relationship waters a little further and painting him as a good guys who sacrifices a lot for his friends family. We know there was tons of footage shot of Shane at the hospitol and specifically his interaction with a soldier and shooting zombies outside the hospitol that could still make it into the show at some point.