PDA

View Full Version : Season Two Webisodes

bassman
28-Jul-2011, 12:14 PM
KNB co-founder Greg Nicotero is getting behind the camera to direct a series of webisodes for the forthcoming second season of AMC's "The Walking Dead".

John Esposito ("The Theatre Bizarre, "Masters of Horror") is penning the screenplays for the six episodes set to premiere this fall. We're hearing they may also play on AMC's annual Fearfest, although that's unconfirmed.

Shooting next month, the webisodes follow "Hannah" and her children who take shelter in her ex-husband's house from a horde of zombies.

Nicotero directed the widely popular short film "The United Monster Talent Agency" back in 2010.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/25580

Didn't they also say at the comic con panel that Nicotero would be directing a full episode of the show as well? Nicotero might be moving up the ranks of TWD ladder now that Darabont is backing down.

Anyway, the webisodes thing sounds like a great idea. Premiere them online but also show them throughout Fear Fest. Man....October is going to be great. :hyper:

MinionZombie
28-Jul-2011, 06:06 PM
Sounds good to me.

Has The United Monster Talent Agency been shown anywhere, or is viewable online (it's not on YouTube), does anyone know?

bassman
28-Jul-2011, 06:21 PM
See if you're able to view it HERE (http://www.traileraddict.com/clip/united-monster-talent-agency/short-film).

If not, you can surely find it through a quick google search.

MinionZombie
29-Jul-2011, 10:44 AM
See if you're able to view it HERE (http://www.traileraddict.com/clip/united-monster-talent-agency/short-film).

If not, you can surely find it through a quick google search.

Yeah that link worked - I really enjoyed that! What a spiffing short! :thumbsup::)

bassman
23-Aug-2011, 03:10 PM
Nicotero discusses the web series in the new "Dispatches From the Set". Apparently Hannah is actually the bicycle zombie and we're getting her back story...

Q: You just finished filming The Walking Dead webisodes. What was that like?

A: Oh it was great. It was so much fun. At the end of last year Frank asked if I was interested in directing an episode. And I told him I'd love to, and then all of a sudden this idea came up about doing some webisodes. So one of the things I always found most interesting was analyzing how people handle the zombie outbreak as it's happening. And we looked at the Bicylce Girl character and there was so much sympathy generated from her zombie -- you look at her and yeah, she's a monster, but she's really sad and there was so much emotion involved that I thought, how great would it be to actually see her back story as a human? To see what sacrifices she makes in the last moments of her life before she's torn apart by walkers. I'm sort of referring to the webisodes as the appetizer before The Walking Dead airs.

Ghoulman
25-Aug-2011, 12:34 AM
Hannah is Bicycle Girl? THAT - IS - AWESOME!!! It is going to be so intense to see this woman ultimately die a horribly guesome death while protect her children. Wow! I'm getting emotional just thinking about how incredibly moving this could be. Thanks for the posts Bass!

kidgloves
03-Oct-2011, 09:59 AM
All the webisodes premiere at 2pm today

bassman
03-Oct-2011, 01:58 PM
Photo previews: http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/2011/10/the-walking-dead-webisode-photos.php

I believe it's also the first reveal of the six-episode series' title : Torn Apart.

kidgloves
03-Oct-2011, 03:43 PM
Cheers Bass.
Heres an interview with the webisodes writer John Esposito

http://www.themortonreport.com/entertainment/television/welcome-to-zombieville-a-chat-with-the-walking-dead-writer-john-esposito/

AcesandEights
03-Oct-2011, 05:13 PM
Photo previews: http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/2011/10/the-walking-dead-webisode-photos.php

Surprised they seemed to give away what could be a major plot point (for that webisode, anyway) towards the end among the otherwise innocuous pics, but I guess if the protag is BG and they are upfront about it from the beginning it's not so bad.

bassman
03-Oct-2011, 06:07 PM
They're now up for US viewers (http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/the-walking-dead-webisodes-1-a-new-day). Hopefully the youtube versions will follow shortly.

EDIT: That was quick...

Qajfj5wzcCU

Not bad, not bad at all. That could've been an episode that aired on TV, imo. Great stuff. The last webisode is a doozy...

AcesandEights
03-Oct-2011, 07:05 PM
Good find and share, Bass!

I'll have to check this out when I get home :)

kidgloves
03-Oct-2011, 07:17 PM
Thanks Bass.

clanglee
03-Oct-2011, 07:37 PM
ohhhh something to look foward to in a couple of hours!

paranoid101
03-Oct-2011, 07:50 PM
Great find sadly part 6 doesnt work over here in the UK.

Also why do script writers always name young males either Billy or Tommy lol

AcesandEights
03-Oct-2011, 08:37 PM
why do script writers always name young males either Billy or Tommy lol

That is pretty common now that you mention it!

bassman
03-Oct-2011, 09:34 PM
Waiting for someone to edit all these things together before I give it a second watch. It gets annoying having to re-click every 2-5 minutes...

kidgloves
03-Oct-2011, 10:06 PM
Waiting for someone to edit all these things together before I give it a second watch. It gets annoying having to re-click every 2-5 minutes...

Its quite a disjointed story so the breaks work for me.
I thought Nicotero did a great job. I bet his budget was tiny and his schedule short but he managed to put something pretty good together.

One thing confused me though Why did his 2nd wife not get up after being shot? She had clearly already turned.

bassman
03-Oct-2011, 10:18 PM
One thing confused me though Why did his 2nd wife not get up after being shot? She had clearly already turned.

I thought the exact same thing! I just figured that maybe she hadn't turned, she was just sick and in pain from her wounds, so that was why she was creeping along. With that being said, she definitely looked like a walker.

Another slight issue I had - The father became too comfortable, too quick with shooting people in the face. Although I understand the budget and time was minimal, so it's not a huge problem. The ending cgi was a bit rough, as well. Her intestines moved in a slightly "off" way.

Again....VERY minor complaints. The series was awesome. Kinda weird they released them all on the same day, but very entertaining.

kidgloves
03-Oct-2011, 10:26 PM
I thought the exact same thing! I just figured that maybe she hadn't turned, she was just sick and in pain from her wounds, so that was why she was creeping along. With that being said, she definitely looked like a walker.

Another slight issue I had - The father became too comfortable, too quick with shooting people in the face. Although I understand the budget and time was minimal, so it's not a huge problem. The ending cgi was a bit rough, as well. Her intestines moved in a slightly "off" way.

Again....VERY minor complaints. The series was awesome. Kinda weird they released them all on the same day, but very entertaining.

I think the main issues people will with have with it are down to budget and format. Webisodes seem to be a snapshot way of telling a story leaving the viewer to piece together the scenes and story.
Great effort though. Im sure the filmmakers amongst us can probably appreciate it better.

rongravy
04-Oct-2011, 02:33 AM
Someone has to find out who the first zombie she encounters is that gets his head blown off because I swear that's Dian Bachar, the guy who played "Lil Bitch" Squeak Scolari in Baseketball. I know he went from acting to doing special effects stuff. It looks just like him and I'd nearly bet my balls on it. I looked on the credits and it didn't say.
I totally WTF'ed on it!!!

Also, that was awesome. Who was Hanna? I don't remember seeing her on the show. Did I miss something?

ProfessorChaos
04-Oct-2011, 06:57 AM
wow, much better than i expected. a decent appetizer prior to the main course, if you will....can't wait to pick up right where we left off.

MinionZombie
04-Oct-2011, 09:43 AM
The YouTube link didn't work for me in my "region", however I did find another uploader who has put up all the webisodes. I'm gonna download them in HD and watch them all back-to-back - I can't wait!

kidgloves
04-Oct-2011, 11:26 AM
The YouTube link didn't work for me in my "region", however I did find another uploader who has put up all the webisodes. I'm gonna download them in HD and watch them all back-to-back - I can't wait!

Thats what I did.
Strange. It worked for everyone yesterday.

bassman
04-Oct-2011, 12:22 PM
Also, that was awesome. Who was Hanna? I don't remember seeing her on the show. Did I miss something?

You saw her in the pilot episode, dude. She's the bicycle zombie. You didn't recognize her in the last webisode? These six webisodes are a sort of prequel to the first season, but not involving any of the living characters like Rick, Shane, etc.

MinionZombie
04-Oct-2011, 04:50 PM
Just watched the six webisodes - indeed, a lovely little teaser for the second season. The story for them was a good idea, however elements of the scripts were a touch iffy (for me, it was mainly certain pieces of dialogue that felt awkward and not naturalistic enough) ... special effects wise, the only thing I thought was off was that big plume of smoke on the horizon in episode six - other than that it was all rather good, especially the practical stuff (episodes 5 and 6 demonstrated that in spades).

I loved how it provided some backstory and further tragedy to the Bicycle zombie character - even though it was a different actress - which kind of ties in with how woeful and sad that zombie was in the first episode of TWD.

I think Nicotero did a pretty darn good job too on the directing front - so two thumbs fresh for Gregg! :thumbsup:

Now bring on season two! :hyper:

rongravy
04-Oct-2011, 09:49 PM
You saw her in the pilot episode, dude. She's the bicycle zombie. You didn't recognize her in the last webisode? These six webisodes are a sort of prequel to the first season, but not involving any of the living characters like Rick, Shane, etc.
Yeah, I did. I just didn't know her name was Hanna. I don't remember her having a name in the episode so I was like WTF?!?!?
And yeah, that's Dian Bachar. He had his zombie pic up on his FB yesterday. Cool as shit!!!

bassman
04-Oct-2011, 10:54 PM
Yeah, I did. I just didn't know her name was Hanna. I don't remember her having a name in the episode so I was like WTF?!?!?

Ah, I see. She had no identity in the pilot episode. Just a pathetic zombie to sympathize with. This is just Nicotero expanding on the origins of that nameless character.

zombiekiller
05-Oct-2011, 12:53 AM
just seen them on hulu and it made my mouth water watchin it. i realy can't wait.

rongravy
05-Oct-2011, 06:37 AM
Ah, I see. She had no identity in the pilot episode. Just a pathetic zombie to sympathize with. This is just Nicotero expanding on the origins of that nameless character.
Didn't necessarily say that, just that I didn't know her name was Hanna. I pretty much only knew her as the Bicycle Girl. Lol, we weren't on a first name basis yet.
And sympathize?
Aww, hells naw...
Zombies are for target practice only. The only good one is a... uhh... doubly dead... one?
But the webisode was awesome, believe me. I'd be happy if they gave EVERY zombie a backstory. Those are short enough to finish one story easily in one sitting.

bassman
05-Oct-2011, 12:10 PM
And sympathize?
Aww, hells naw...
Zombies are for target practice only. The only good one is a... uhh... doubly dead... one?

Then you missed the entire point of that Morgan's wife/Bicycle girl sequence. :p

MinionZombie
05-Oct-2011, 05:29 PM
Then you missed the entire point of that Morgan's wife/Bicycle girl sequence. :p

Not only the best part of the first episode, but a highlight of the entire season. That sequence still gives me chills.

rongravy
05-Oct-2011, 08:08 PM

Nah, I'm just a heartless bastard, lol.

sandrock74
05-Oct-2011, 08:55 PM
Also why do script writers always name young males either Billy or Tommy lol

I blame the Power Rangers! :)

Moon Knight
06-Oct-2011, 06:49 PM
Awesome, I liked it very much!

AcesandEights
06-Oct-2011, 07:31 PM
Watched up through the 'Neighborly Advice' episode last night and really liked it quite a bit. They even got an actor or two I recognized. Will finish the few remaining episodes tonight, I think. I hope they keep up the webisodes as off/pre-seasonal fare and maybe focus more on tidbits from the source material that may need filling our or were otherwise missed in the future.

Neil
11-Oct-2011, 09:23 PM
For you UK folks who might have trouble finding the webisodes (not great quality) - http://www.movieweb.com/news/watch-all-six-the-walking-dead-webisodes

-- -------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

*spoiler*

I enjoyed the webisodes, but really didn't get why the mother gave up the moment she was bitten. She could have continued to have helped her kids for hours/days!

bassman
11-Oct-2011, 09:29 PM
*spoiler*

I enjoyed the webisodes, but really didn't get why the mother gave up the moment she was bitten. She could have continued to have helped her kids for hours/days!

I wondered the same thing but just chalked it up to the idea that the military guys would shoot her before she got near the helicopter. Although she could have at least made sure the kids arrived to the pick up area....

sandrock74
12-Oct-2011, 12:33 AM
I wondered the same thing but just chalked it up to the idea that the military guys would shoot her before she got near the helicopter. Although she could have at least made sure the kids arrived to the pick up area....

She didn't "give up". They had one gun between the three of them and she was bitten, therefore, infected. She was a goner. She sacrificed herself to keep the zombies busy. Think about it, while the zombies fed on her, the kids were given more time to run away. Rather heroic, if you ask me!

rongravy
12-Oct-2011, 01:41 AM
Geez, no reason to let them tear you in half. Heroic indeed.
Those things were slow, she definitely could've stuck around to help the kids awhile longer. Guess being ripped in half is the better, more dramatic way to go.
Eff that.

Although I'm glad they released these all at the same time, I want more, dammit.
I guess I will have to tough it out for a few more days until the show starts.
Soooooooooon...

bassman
12-Oct-2011, 02:41 AM
She didn't "give up". They had one gun between the three of them and she was bitten, therefore, infected. She was a goner. She sacrificed herself to keep the zombies busy. Think about it, while the zombies fed on her, the kids were given more time to run away. Rather heroic, if you ask me!

No, I agree. She was done. But she could've ran with her kids to the pick-up point. At least get them to a point of safety. After that lay down and accept your fate.

Neil
12-Oct-2011, 08:40 AM
Geez, no reason to let them tear you in half. Heroic indeed.
Those things were slow, she definitely could've stuck around to help the kids awhile longer. Guess being ripped in half is the better, more dramatic way to go.
Eff that.

Although I'm glad they released these all at the same time, I want more, dammit.
I guess I will have to tough it out for a few more days until the show starts.
Soooooooooon...

Rather than the arm, it should have bitten her in the leg... She tried to walk along, but immediately realised she couldn't and then passed the gun over, etc etc... Would have made much more sense!

sandrock74
12-Oct-2011, 10:18 PM
No, I agree. She was done. But she could've ran with her kids to the pick-up point. At least get them to a point of safety. After that lay down and accept your fate.

Rather than the arm, it should have bitten her in the leg... She tried to walk along, but immediately realised she couldn't and then passed the gun over, etc etc... Would have made much more sense!

I agree with you both, as someone sitting down in my home and watching this on tv...er, my computer monitor. However, in her position, she was bitten, in pain, shock, and her adrenaline was probably pumping thru her system bigtime! She made a split second decision. Not one I would have made, but it worked for her needs of the moment.

Personally, I would have gone down in a blaze of glory, fists swinging and kicks flying until the bitter end!

Neil
13-Oct-2011, 08:03 AM
I agree with you both, as someone sitting down in my home and watching this on tv...er, my computer monitor. However, in her position, she was bitten, in pain, shock, and her adrenaline was probably pumping thru her system bigtime! She made a split second decision. Not one I would have made, but it worked for her needs of the moment.

Personally, I would have gone down in a blaze of glory, fists swinging and kicks flying until the bitter end!
Just think it would have been entirely more believable and better with my suggested alternative in #42

Her desperately trying a few steps so she could carry on looking after her children, only to realise she was too slow and actually putting them at more risk! Then she gives them the gun etc etc...

shootemindehead
13-Oct-2011, 10:53 AM

Or ran in the other direction, drawing off the zombies?

The webisodes aren't bad for what they are, but the woman who got bitten on the mouth is a bit too dead looking, isn't she? I mean she only got bitten a wee while before getting out of the rug, but she looked like she'd been dead for weeks.

Neil
13-Oct-2011, 12:44 PM
but the woman who got bitten on the mouth is a bit too dead looking, isn't she? I mean she only got bitten a wee while before getting out of the rug, but she looked like she'd been dead for weeks.
Agreed! And Mr Hubby didn't think to put her outside?

Mr. Clean
25-Oct-2011, 04:12 PM
Well I see I found these a little late...Good Stuff.

The basement scene confused me.

So the ex-husband didn't kill that guy in the basement + the two kids? If I'm on the wrong track...wtf happened?