PDA

View Full Version : Asian Reccomendation

COry G
26-Aug-2011, 03:55 PM
Hey I've fallen out of touch with Asian Horror Cinema as of late. I picked up I Saw The Devil, and Dumplings and liked them both. I dig Grotesque, and the Guinea Pig Series, and wondered wht other good films others reccomend.

blind2d
26-Aug-2011, 03:56 PM
What's 'Asain'?

COry G
26-Aug-2011, 03:58 PM
Asian, I cannot figure out how to edit the post title

AcesandEights
26-Aug-2011, 04:00 PM
Asian, I cannot figure out how to edit the post title

Done.

blind2d
26-Aug-2011, 04:00 PM
Oh gotcha. Well, I only know of Meatball Machine, Tokyo Zombie, Tokyo Gore Police, Machine Girl, Ichi the Killer, Dracula girl vs. Frankenstein girl, and The Host... I think that's all. Ruka the zombie killer? Um... Battle Royale... *shrugs* Oh, um... Stacy

COry G
26-Aug-2011, 04:05 PM
Battle Royal is a great film, part 2 not so much. I'll have to check out Dracula Girl vs Frankenstein Girl. Sounds cool.

-- -------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

Thanks for the edit, still getting the hang of posting

shootemindehead
26-Aug-2011, 05:01 PM
'Bunman'

AcesandEights
26-Aug-2011, 05:39 PM
'Bunman'

You mean this:
http://www.asian-horror-movies.com/bun.jpg

Not this:
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/2/8/171f4a97-7280-4854-9369-113a34bc25ea.jpg

Right?

PS--Now I want Dim Sum :(

shootemindehead
27-Aug-2011, 06:32 AM
No, the second one Aces...feckin terrifying!!!

Kaos
27-Aug-2011, 02:48 PM
For a weird trippy feel, I recommend Gozu and Uzumaki. In Uzumaki, the insidious villain is a shape. That's right, a shape!?!

rongravy
27-Aug-2011, 04:58 PM
I guess I don't GET Asian stuff. My kid loves anime. The only things I've seen are gameshows where they shock the people for answering wrong, or you have to guess what they ate after they barf it on top of your head...
Mind you/me, but most I've seen is Japanese, but they seem to be easily scared and like to simulate rape. They also seem to like silly ghost stories... I'm just saying...

COry G
27-Aug-2011, 05:19 PM
The overdone rape scenes can get annoying. I did really dig Junk though. It is actually one of my favorite zombie films

blind2d
28-Aug-2011, 04:18 PM
Japan is probably the only country outside of the US to have made a bunch of zombie films. I mean... a bunch... I've said that before, but whatever.
Bun man? Shall look into!

Danny
28-Aug-2011, 04:29 PM
r-points good. plots a generic hollywood horror film but the way its shot makes it appealing. its about a korean army troop sent into vietnam and they are told to hold r-point an abandoned hotel on a rice paddy where a mass murder took place. theres more too it than that involving some american GI's they run into in the good old "dont go down that road, we warned ye" sort of way. its like deathwatch was in terms of a paranormal film about some brits in a ww1 trench. only this is a little more creepy with the use of fog and stuff. there are scenes in the middle of the day that are very oppressive and creepy. the storys not that great but the acting and camerawork make it. and the taglines were pretty creepy, stuff like "30 years later SOS still come out of r point..."

Fy4z6x1-F18

Yojimbo
30-Aug-2011, 07:44 PM
I guess I don't GET Asian stuff. My kid loves anime. The only things I've seen are gameshows where they shock the people for answering wrong, or you have to guess what they ate after they barf it on top of your head...
Mind you/me, but most I've seen is Japanese, but they seem to be easily scared and like to simulate rape. They also seem to like silly ghost stories... I'm just saying...

There is a lot of crap in Asia that gets a lot of attention here. I'm afraid a small section of Asian culture has brought upon the whole the wrong impression and a skewed view.

As I have said before, I would hate the world to view the USA soley through what they learn of us by viewing clips of "Bum Fight" "Girls Gone Wild" "Jersey Shore" and "Jackass"

Danny
30-Aug-2011, 08:08 PM
There is a lot of crap in Asia that gets a lot of attention here. I'm afraid a small section of Asian culture has brought upon the whole the wrong impression and a skewed view.

As I have said before, I would hate the world to view the USA soley through what they learn of us by viewing clips of "Bum Fight" "Girls Gone Wild" "Jersey Shore" and "Jackass"

unfortunately true, falls into the 'weeaboo japanophile" problem. japanese crap can drown out japanese brilliance because its japanese and thats all some japanophiles need.

which is a damn shame, because the very nature of the countrys isolatinist history has made for some truly fascinating pieces of cinematic art.

but its not moe uguu maigcal girls or ju on knock offs so it doesnt sell over here of course....

blind2d
31-Aug-2011, 12:57 AM
Unbeatable Banzuke... Such a neat show. Skateboarding course looks almost impossible, especially since you're not allowed to put your feet on the floor.

Danny
31-Aug-2011, 02:04 AM
Unbeatable Banzuke... Such a neat show. Skateboarding course looks almost impossible, especially since you're not allowed to put your feet on the floor.

what about grorious nippons documentary animes about how they solve political problems.

gIO4Uw36-JE

daz of the dead
27-Jan-2012, 08:35 PM
r point is great i wass gonna recommend it him, but i see you already have lol