PDA

View Full Version : First details of an advance screening of the 2nd season premiere

kidgloves
06-Sep-2011, 01:24 PM
http://www2.journalnow.com/lifestyles/2011/sep/05/wstv01-walking-dead-remains-full-of-life-for-secon-ar-1354709/

As every fan of "The Walking Dead" is well aware, this zombie-apocalypse drama will return for its much-awaited second season Oct. 16. But AMC is announcing news that should bring delighted chills to any "Dead" devotee.

For starters, the season premiere won't be just an hour, but 90 creepy minutes.

The story resumes with the band of survivors fleeing zombie-overrun Atlanta and heading south for Fort Benning, Ga., 125 miles away, where they hope to find refuge at the U.S. Army post. But the group doesn't get far before meeting a new set of, um, challenges.

In recent weeks, the show has been the subject of worrisome reports: a trimming of the budget and the abrupt departure of original show-runner Frank Darabont. But judging from an advance look at this closely guarded premiere, "Dead" remains full of life.

The episode includes a big-time zombie encounter and a stomach-churning interlude. Then the final scene packs a wallop.

bassman
06-Sep-2011, 02:52 PM
I guess this means the inevitable leak is near.....

kidgloves
06-Sep-2011, 05:30 PM
I guess this means the inevitable leak is near.....

:elol::elol::elol::elol::elol:

2/3 more weeks before the screeners go out im guessing

bassman
09-Sep-2011, 05:41 PM
More critics have taken to twitter to give small hints at what the Season Opener promises:

Matt Roush(TV Guide): "Wasn't in mood for lunch anyway. But after getting peek at intense, graphic, xcellent #WalkingDead S2 opener, I only have appetite for ep 2."

Adam Bryant(TV Guide): "Walking Dead's Season 2 premiere won't let any fans down. It may, however, make a few of them puke. Can't wait to see more."

Dalton Ross(Entertainment Weekly): "Just gorged on the Walking Dead season 2 premiere. Get ready for the show's most grosstastic scene yet. And that's saying something."

I still believe this big scene involves : The girl being eaten on screen

.....but we shall see. Looks like this premiere should really please the gore hounds out there. Can't wait.:hyper:

kidgloves
09-Sep-2011, 06:38 PM
More critics have taken to twitter to give small hints at what the Season Opener promises:

I still believe this big scene involves : The girl being eaten on screen

.....but we shall see. Looks like this premiere should really please the gore hounds out there. Can't wait.:hyper:

That would be cool to see just for the shock factor. Reedus made reference to the scene at Dragon Con but brought up the rape scene in Deliverance for some reason. :confused: