PDA

View Full Version : Oringinal Night of the Living Dead Poster in the house...

Wrong Number
22-Sep-2011, 01:10 PM
Yesterday the original Night of the Living Dead poster I bought arrived and I was happy to see that it was in better shape than I thought. It looked like it had some stains on some spots on the edges, but when it got here and I examined there were none. Going back to the pictures he had taken of it I was able to figure out that it was shadows of his hand or the camera. http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/9787/notldmovieposterfull.jpg

It has a few minor tears and the one bigger one at the top, but all the paper is still there so I'm happy.

WN

bassman
22-Sep-2011, 01:15 PM
Nice. About how much did this thing cost? Arm? Leg? :p

AcesandEights
22-Sep-2011, 01:23 PM
I would be so worried about authenticity with stuff like this. Was this an eBayed item, through a friend or some other means?

Mr.G
22-Sep-2011, 03:34 PM
I'd love to own original posters from the first 3 films...but some of the high prices on ebay and not knowing HOW original they are gives me pause so I tend not to bid.

It's great that you got a nice deal and are pleased with your purchase!

Wrong Number
22-Sep-2011, 05:05 PM
I paid $700 for it. I've been buying movie posters since the very early 80's and it's clearly original. Also, the person I got it from has a good reputation on Ebay (5000+) for selling movie posters though I did not get it from Ebay.

Doc Foster
25-Sep-2011, 02:11 PM
That is a very nice example, congrats. I take it you'll have this baby professionally framed?

Wrong Number
29-Sep-2011, 11:50 AM
Yeah, the big question is if I should have it linen backed or not. It's a tough call though it would very much benefit appearance wise from it. I rate it between a 7-8 currently.

WN