PDA

View Full Version : Season 2 : "What lies ahead" & "Bloodletting"

thxleo
28-Sep-2011, 12:46 AM
Received my press kit for Season 2 today along with the first two episodes. All I can tell you is that the show picks up where the first season left off. The quality of the show seems just as good to me; the first two episodes were fantastic, I thought. Especially episode 2, entitled "Bloodletting". This one is directed by Romero alumnus Ernest Dickerson who also directed one of the strongest episodes from last season "Wildfire". I'd love to tell you guys some details, but I wouldn't want to ruin anything of course. There are some more Romero nods, which are always fun.
I have to wonder though...these first couple of episodes were supervised by Darabont(from what I understand). I wonder if the quality will change as the season goes on? Guess we'll see.

bassman
28-Sep-2011, 12:52 AM
Keyboard masturbation!

Give us some sort of info. Don't just brag that you got early copies.

The good news from this post? A leak is imminent.....

thxleo
28-Sep-2011, 12:59 AM
Keyboard masturbation!

Give us some sort of info. Don't just brag that you got early copies.

The good news from this post? A leak is imminent.....

If you want to know something, then ask. No need for you to throw out antagonistic comments, bassman.

bassman
28-Sep-2011, 01:01 AM
Wasn't meant to be antagonistic. Keyboard Masturbation is a common term around these parts lately thanks to mike.

I do have a question, actually - When you gonna leak it? :p

Even if you don't, I give it a week. Tops.

rongravy
28-Sep-2011, 01:10 AM
Received my press kit for Season 2 today along with the first two episodes. All I can tell you is that the show picks up where the first season left off. The quality of the show seems just as good to me; the first two episodes were fantastic, I thought. Especially episode 2, entitled "Bloodletting". This one is directed by Romero alumnus Ernest Dickerson who also directed one of the strongest episodes from last season "Wildfire". I'd love to tell you guys some details, but I wouldn't want to ruin anything of course. There are some more Romero nods, which are always fun.
I have to wonder though...these first couple of episodes were supervised by Darabont(from what I understand). I wonder if the quality will change as the season goes on? Guess we'll see.
I gotta ask what you do for a living that you get early copies, because that is pretty dang sweeet.

ProfessorChaos
28-Sep-2011, 01:23 AM
congrats, lee, you lucky devil. i imagine if i got one of those kits, i'd feel like a kid at christmas.

and hell yeah, as soon as i can "acquire" this, i'm all over it. i've been doing my best to bury my head in the sand and avoid all clips/articles/etc, but i've waited long enough...if the finished product is out there for viewing, then view it i shall, at the earliest possible convenience.

edit: and hey, did they send any cool trinkets, artwork, etc like they did with your season one press kit?

thxleo
28-Sep-2011, 01:33 AM
congrats, lee, you lucky devil. i imagine if i got one of those kits, i'd feel like a kid at christmas.

and hell yeah, as soon as i can "acquire" this, i'm all over it. i've been doing my best to bury my head in the sand and avoid all clips/articles/etc, but i've waited long enough...if the finished product is out there for viewing, then view it i shall, at the earliest possible convenience.

edit: and hey, did they send any cool trinkets, artwork, etc like they did with your season one press kit?

Prof, that is exactly how I felt today when I got home to find the package waiting on my doorstep...a kid at Christmas. I wasn't expecting AMC to continue sending me these things, but I'm very happy they did.
As for the kit itself, it's a little different than the one from last year. It does not have any little trinkets, but it does a contain an art print with it and a beautiful large sized trade paperback book containing information about the cast & crew. And of course there is a cd with press photos.
I'd love to give more information about these first episodes, but it would be tricky without giving away some spoilers and I definitely do not want to do that. All I can say is that I found the quality of these first two episodes to be great. And I tell you I would love to see Ernest Dickerson directing MORE episodes. He hits another home run in my book.

ProfessorChaos
28-Sep-2011, 01:36 AM
do you follow the comics, or are you familiar with the first couple of years' worth, at least? i can't recall if you've mentioned that before or not...

thxleo
28-Sep-2011, 01:43 AM
I gotta ask what you do for a living that you get early copies, because that is pretty dang sweeet.

I did a couple of interviews for this site last year - one with Gale Anne Hurd and one with Jeffrey DeMunn. I also attended the press round table at the NYC comic con last year for the show. I never did write a piece on that though, mainly because I only got to ask a couple of questions and I didn't want to pass off the responses as questions that I had asked. But that's how it happened. I'm hoping to possibly do some more interviews this year as well. Scott Wilson, who plays Hershel Greene, is someone I would love to interview. Maybe I can make that happen!

-- -------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

do you follow the comics, or are you familiar with the first couple of years' worth, at least? i can't recall if you've mentioned that before or not...

No, the truth is I never did read the comics. I should be ashamed to admit that, but it's true. How about you?

ProfessorChaos
28-Sep-2011, 01:47 AM
yes, i have all the hardback collections, each containing 12 regular monthly issues. there is a major plot point that i can't imagine the show skipping/altering, and i really expected it to be the finale for season one, but it's not happened yet.

given that they are planning on splitting the second season into two parts (that is still the word around the campfire, right?) , i imagine this particular event will go down right before the break.

kidgloves
28-Sep-2011, 11:58 AM
Great news Lee.
The webisodes are out next week so that should tide us over till the big launch.

AcesandEights
28-Sep-2011, 02:37 PM
Great news, Thxleo! Thanks for giving just enough info to keep the interest up and not tossing in unmarked spoilers :)

soulsyfn
28-Sep-2011, 02:43 PM
Dude, I am in Pittsburgh too... we should hook up so you can share the goodness... I will buy the food and drinks :)

thxleo
28-Sep-2011, 04:08 PM
Today I sent a formal request into AMC for a couple of interviews for the site. I'm hoping to land Scott Wilson and Ernest Dickerson. So, hopefully it will happen. The only problem is AMC sometimes will only offer a few choices and those are usually the same people you've seen interviewed on every other website. I'll let Neil and the rest of you guys know if I get lucky enough!

ProfessorChaos
28-Sep-2011, 11:04 PM
'atta boy, lee. hopefully you'll get an exclusive with scott wilson. herschel is one of my favorite characters from the comics, glad to hear that a lot of time will be spent on his farm this season. i'd be very interested to read about his views on the character and he and his family's role in the upcoming season.

best of luck, keep us posted.

Neil
29-Sep-2011, 02:14 PM
Today I sent a formal request into AMC for a couple of interviews for the site. I'm hoping to land Scott Wilson and Ernest Dickerson. So, hopefully it will happen. The only problem is AMC sometimes will only offer a few choices and those are usually the same people you've seen interviewed on every other website. I'll let Neil and the rest of you guys know if I get lucky enough!
**fingers crossed**

thxleo
10-Oct-2011, 07:30 PM
Okay, finally got some word back from AMC regarding the interview requests. They are checking on Ernest Dickerson's current availability. And Scott Wilson will not be doing interviews until his character is introduced, which would be episode 2. So I'll stay with it until something comes to fruition.
On a side note I was looking at a recent issue of Entertainment Weekly(the reunions issue) and they had a small piece about one of the staff writers being a zombie on the show. The guy divulges, what sounds to be, a major spoiler. So steer clear of this article!

Ragnarr
10-Oct-2011, 10:50 PM
@ thexleo: I must insist that you lean your forehead against your computer screen so that I may attempt a Vulcan Mind Meld through my computer screen. I need to know what that CDC scientist whispered into sheriff's ear at the end of season one.

[placing fingers on computer screen while Mr. Spock music plays]
Our minds our drawing closer...closer. Our thoughts are merging... merging...
Nanu... Nanu...