PDA

View Full Version : Season two Episode one mini review

Gemini
20-Oct-2011, 01:08 PM
Okay I'm back on the board now that season 2 is underway!

The premiere episode was awesome! I was hoping the series would go back to the quality of its pilot episode and I think they succeeded.

As I've stated before, season 1 took a steep dive after the initial episode for a variety of reasons. Those reasons were thoroughly corrected in this episode -

-the tension and feeling of serious dread is back
-the zombies are a much more believable menace, both in numbers (the awesome horde on the highway) and in behavior (becoming frenzied and semi-running when stimulated and in "attack mode")
-there were no obvious plot holes or implausibilities and it seemed they even made an effort to advance their zombie mythology and close some season 1 plot holes (explanation of the roaming "herd" of zombies at the campground for instance)
-the dialogue was strong, believable, and added depth to the characters

Also, season 1 was strong in this regard as well but the zombie makeup - WOW - seriously the best and most realistic looking zombies I've ever seen on screen.

So, hats off to the crew - let's keep the momentum going!

BTW I am still amazed at the extreme gore, and the high ratings. Good stuff.

One more thing, why the hell wouldn't Shane want to take the hot blonde with him when he leaves Dodge? He said he didn't want to have an extra ass to cover. Hmm I could think of other things her ass might be good for... particularly in an apocalypse!

bassman
20-Oct-2011, 01:28 PM
You'll find others' opinions and the main discussion here : http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?19410-TWD-2x01-quot-What-Lies-Ahead-quot-episode-discussion...-**SPOILERS-WITHIN**