PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Season Renewal Confirmation

kidgloves
25-Oct-2011, 06:14 PM
http://tvdonewright.com/2011/10/breaking-the-walking-dead-renewed-for-season-3/

“Today we are pleased to announce that the ‘dead’ shall live as we proudly renew ‘The Walking Dead’ for a third season on AMC and, globally, with our terrific partners at Fox International Channels,” said Charlie Collier, AMC’s President. “We are thankful for everyone’s contribution in front of and behind the camera as we continue to make ‘The Walking Dead’ a unique television experience. And, we are so proud as it continues to set viewership records around the world.”

bassman
25-Oct-2011, 07:19 PM
No real surprise there, but good news. :thumbsup:

MinionZombie
26-Oct-2011, 09:57 AM
I'm VERY pleased to hear this! :cool:

So I guess that means that next year we'll be getting ... the prison, and quite likely, Michone. :hyper:

bassman
26-Oct-2011, 12:09 PM
So I guess that means that next year we'll be getting ... the prison, and quite likely, Michone. :hyper:

If they're sticking to Darabont and Kirkman's original plan, that should be what happens. I've got a feeling the final shot of Season Two will be the reveal of said location.

MinionZombie
26-Oct-2011, 05:51 PM
If they're sticking to Darabont and Kirkman's original plan, that should be what happens. I've got a feeling the final shot of Season Two will be the reveal of said location.

Agreed - just like at the end of volume two of the trade paperback. ;)

blind2d
26-Oct-2011, 08:59 PM
Guess who else is getting a third season?
Yep, Friendship is Magic.
Let the battle commence!

Ragnarr
26-Oct-2011, 11:58 PM
Well the next time they say that "the first episode of the new season will be an hour and a half long in order to give TWD fans an extra half hour as a bonus", I shall be the first to call BS on it. I was all psyched to hear that the first episode was going to be 30 minutes longer than the regular 1 hour episodes. Then after watching the entire episode, I realized that all they did was just shorten each segment while adding crap loads of extra commercials in between... thus making the first episode last an hour and a half.

Pissed me off quite honestly.

MinionZombie
27-Oct-2011, 10:23 AM
Although to be fair, last year when it was a "90 minute episode" they meant a 90 minute slot. That very episode was shown in the UK on FX without adverts, and it ran 70 minutes. This year's season opener was about 64 minutes, so it was a bit shorter than I'd been expecting by comparison, but so often it's a one hour slot with adverts. So it's still longer than normal.