PDA

View Full Version : So.... missing characters?

Andy
27-Oct-2011, 09:12 PM
I Cant help but notice guys, wheres donna and allen and the twins, billy and ben?

Reading the comic books again and watching the season 1 DVD (3 disk special edition i got from the states :cool:) it just seems really odd to me that these characters are totally ommitted?

Anyone else notice this?

Ragnarr
27-Oct-2011, 09:34 PM
Me no read TWD comic before. Me watch TWD not knowing storyline other than what me see. This give me advantage me think cause me not know what to expect. Me smart for never reading.

bassman
27-Oct-2011, 09:42 PM
Also no Tyrese or the gated community...

Andy
27-Oct-2011, 09:50 PM
Also no Tyrese or the gated community...

Yeah i was actually really upset theres no Tyrese, he was a kick ass character! I understand that they cant follow the comics exactly, they have gone their own way and made it an original story and darryl dixon is probably filling the character that tyresse played but the fact that he's omitted says to me that michonne probably wont make an appearence either seeing as you know, tyrese and michonne are so intwined lol

bassman
27-Oct-2011, 10:41 PM
Tyrese and Carol, as well. ;)

It may have changed since Darabont's departure, but he and Kirkman have both said that Michonne will definitely appear in the third season.

Mr. Clean
28-Oct-2011, 12:35 AM
Where have ya'll picked up these comics?

ProfessorChaos
28-Oct-2011, 01:12 AM
@Mr.Clean:

buy the hardcover books, they are about 20 bucks apiece and have 12 issues included. worth checking out, for sure:

http://www.amazon.com/Walking-Dead-Book-Bk/dp/1582406197/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319764179&sr=8-1

and i highly doubt they are gonna leave tyrese out. as for allen, donna, and their sons, looks like they didn't make the cut. oh well, i'd take one bad-ass character like daryl over any them anyways.

kidgloves
28-Oct-2011, 05:07 PM
I've said this many times before and one more time wont hurt.
I honestly do not believe Michonne will work in a tv series. Not as she is written in the comic anyway. She's some ninja like superhero which is great for a COMIC but on tv it will seem ridiculous and out of place within the universe they have created. If she is introduced she will have to be watered down to make it believable. Not having the twins avoids a pretty nasty section which they would never do on tv anyway or probably even in a movie. Tyrese would be a terrible ommision. What a great character he is. They can always introduce him later depending on where they finish up at the end of this season

sandrock74
28-Oct-2011, 05:26 PM
It seems to me that Donna, Allen, and the twins were replaced by the latino family in the first season. Remember, they left on their own? Family of four replaced with a family of four. I think the later story with the twins (in the comic) may have had them written off the show.

Just my two cents.

MikePizzoff
28-Oct-2011, 06:05 PM
I haven't read the early books in a while, but I thought Tyrese didn't come into the story until AFTER the point we're at with the show?

kidgloves
28-Oct-2011, 07:39 PM
I haven't read the early books in a while, but I thought Tyrese didn't come into the story until AFTER the point we're at with the show?

They meet him just after leaving Atlanta before they get to Herschels farm

AcesandEights
28-Oct-2011, 07:48 PM
I've said this many times before and one more time wont hurt.
I honestly do not believe Michonne will work in a tv series. Not as she is written in the comic anyway. She's some ninja like superhero which is great for a COMIC but on tv it will seem ridiculous and out of place within the universe they have created. If she is introduced she will have to be watered down to make it believable.

Interesting...I actually find her more believable and less of a comic book character than some of the characters in the TV version. To me, she is the epitome of someone who uses their pain and trauma as a means to compartmentalize and emotionally disconnect enough to be very highly functioning and inured to the seeming unreality and carnage of living in a world filled with the walking dead. The most comic book thing about her was her seemingly adamantium katana...that fucker should've broken very early on the way it was being used.

Moon Knight
29-Oct-2011, 02:14 AM
My guess for no Tyrese at the moment has to do with... Shane still being alive at this point in the show. With, Shane, and also Daryl in the mix, there just wasn't any room for Tyrese.

I'm guessing he will show up sooner or later once the story allows it.

MissJacksonCA
17-Nov-2011, 01:31 AM
Kinda wish we saw Michonne on twd... while her story goes a bit graphic I liked her... its like they traded her for Darryl because they both seem bad azz and both slightly batishtcrazy

bassman
17-Nov-2011, 10:51 AM
Kinda wish we saw Michonne on twd... while her story goes a bit graphic I liked her... its like they traded her for Darryl because they both seem bad azz and both slightly batishtcrazy

Well, Michonne shouldn't have appeared yet at this point in the series. It's still too early. Kirkman has said that the character will definitely appear, so i'm guessing she will show up next season when they *comic spoiler* - get to the prison. Just like like the comics, hopefully.