PDA

View Full Version : Review: After.Life with Christina Ricci

Geophyrd
28-Oct-2011, 06:21 PM
I caught After.Life on one of the cable channels (maybe IFC) late one night and was surprised how good it was.

I won't spoil, but by way of synopsis, Christina wakes up to find herself in a morgue with Liam Neeson playing an undertaker who tells her that she's dead, that he can talk to her and that everyone who dies denies that they're dead. The rest is a psychological mystery. Christina acts unbelievably well (the last time I saw her was in Black Snake Moan which was another tour-de-force of acting on her part) and Neeson does the heavy lifting for the heavy.

Watching the movie, I was impressed. Clearly a low budget flick, the director made the most of whatever money he or she had to spend and told a story rich with character, mystery and atmosphere. Justin Long, playing Christina's boyfriend, is good also and, wierdly, Josh Charles has kind of a bit part to play. Charles was one of favorites years ago in Sports Night and his career appears to have floundered since then.

So, all in, worth seeing on cable if not in a theater. Spooky fun!

rongravy
29-Oct-2011, 06:22 AM
You know, not a bad movie at all. Liam is lame in this, but she and justin are the schnizz.
Her nekked...
Nuff said.