PDA

View Full Version : The Walking Dead - Does anyone else...

Mr. Blue
02-Nov-2011, 12:04 AM
Find The Walking Dead to be a completely tense and suspenseful show? I find myself completely wired after I watch it. This has got to be the best show in TV right now.

Ragnarr
02-Nov-2011, 12:12 AM
Find The Walking Dead to be a completely tense and suspenseful show? I find myself completely wired after I watch it. This has got to be the best show in TV right now.

Well I wouldn't go as far as to say that I feel wired after an episode, but after the episode when Shane shot Otis (this past sunday), I was saying, "HOLY CRAP!" for like the next 15 minutes. Really digging the show, not just for the storyline and subject matter, but also because it's always refreshing when someone takes a chance to produce a new type of series everyone else is too chicken shit to try. AND it becomes a hit! :)

Welcome to HPotD btw!

bassman
02-Nov-2011, 12:16 AM
I love TWD, but Breaking Bad has it beat as the best show on TV. :)

Mr. Blue
02-Nov-2011, 01:14 AM
Ragnarr, Thanks!!! I never read the comic book, but from watching the Talking Dead show I guess the creator has changed the story around a little. I find that to be a very cool thing with the show. It kinda makes me want to find a trade paperback book of the original series.

Bassman, Breaking Bad is awesome as well. That show I find to be incredibly frustrating, but yet I can't stop watching to see what happens next. When Gus got half his face blown off was jaw dropping.

JDFP
02-Nov-2011, 01:39 AM

I concur, good sir. I'd rank it along with the new "Battlestar Galactica" as being one of the finest television shows of the last 20 years. In my opinion, it's the finest zombie and horror-related thing to have happened since the greatest zombie and horror film ever made came out in 1985.

j.p.

mpokera
02-Nov-2011, 02:11 AM
I concur, good sir. I'd rank it along with the new "Battlestar Galactica" as being one of the finest television shows of the last 20 years. In my opinion, it's the finest zombie and horror-related thing to have happened since the greatest zombie and horror film ever made came out in 1985.

j.p.

I agree completely with every word of that sentence, well played sir!

blind2d
02-Nov-2011, 02:17 AM
I'd agree that it's the best on TV right now, even over Boardwalk Empire, Breaking Bad, and... hold on... Hm... No one wants to hear about ponies, right? Right. TWD roxx.

Mr. Blue
02-Nov-2011, 02:20 AM
I never got into the new Battlestar show. I know a lot of people that are into it. I should really pick up the seasons sometime.

DEAD BEAT
02-Nov-2011, 04:39 AM
Real question's is Rick & Shane gay 4 each other or wut? ;)

JDFP
02-Nov-2011, 04:58 AM
Real question's is Rick & Shane gay 4 each other or wut? ;)

I'd go with "No" on that. If it was me, I would have tried hitting some fine Amy ass before the whole turning into zombie thing.

Of course, a day or two after that with some vaseline and you're still good to go. But, I'm a sick bastard.

Laura Roslyn/Sarah Palin though.... or Admiral Cain... hmm... frack yeah!

:evil:

j.p.

DEAD BEAT
02-Nov-2011, 05:09 AM
I'd go with "No" on that. If it was me, I would have tried hitting some fine Amy ass before the whole turning into zombie thing.

Of course, a day or two after that with some vaseline and you're still good to go. But, I'm a sick bastard.

Laura Roslyn/Sarah Palin though.... or Admiral Cain... hmm... frack yeah!

:evil:

j.p.

LMAO! good 1 dude! ;)

ProfessorChaos
02-Nov-2011, 05:41 AM
I love TWD, but Breaking Bad has it beat as the best show on TV. :)

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljkw2sAMv91qc1jg4o1_500.gif

welcome to the boards, mr. blue. where in illinois are you?

Ragnarr
02-Nov-2011, 05:49 AM
I never got into the new Battlestar show. I know a lot of people that are into it. I should really pick up the seasons sometime.

The new Battlestar Galactica was much better than the 1978 BSG, although it took me a bit to get used to Starbuck's sex change.

As far as Rick and Shane, I'm not thinking gay (although my gf walking past the television during the show mentioned the same thing), but more of brothers who have known each other for a long time and trust each other (although Shane is quite a douche unbeknownst to Rick).

Agreeing with JD, the blonde hotties (well ahem, that's ONE blonde hottie now) give me "rigor mortis" in a certain part of my anatomy also.

Mr. Blue
02-Nov-2011, 02:27 PM
Thanks ProfessorChaos. I live in central Illinois.

-- -------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

Yeah, I'm not sure I see the gay thing... However, the blond is one of the hottest women on TV right now. Next to the blond from Lost and V that is, or the red head from Trueblood.

Thorn
02-Nov-2011, 03:59 PM
Game of Thrones
Walking Dead
Breaking Bad
Mad Men
TrueBlood.

About the only shows I watch on TV.

Cody
02-Nov-2011, 05:11 PM
This is is more tough then a piss flavored popsicle. I love it. ONE DAY before the first episode of season 2 was about to prem. My cable was downgraded and wasnt eligable for AMC. I conceded defeat and rented it on zune.

Wyldwraith
02-Nov-2011, 08:30 PM
Hmm,
Yea I'll give TWD the title of Best TV Show at present. I really liked a lot of the Battlestar Galactica remake, but some of the existential stuff surrounding Cylon beliefs/motivations, and the convoluted nature of the human-model Cylons origin didn't really do a lot for me, but I concede that's more a personal taste issue. Even the stuff I didn't much care for in the remake I recognize as being well-made. Their casting choice for Adama was PERFECT for the grimmer more dramatic/edgy direction they chose to go in.

I'm still up in the air about which is my favorite Zombie movie. Some days I think Original Dawn, but others I swing toward Savini's Night-remake. Day was fairly good, and liked it much better than Original NotLD, but never understood the people who its their #1 Zombie Movie of All Time. Then again, I actually like/enjoy SOME of the Resident Evil movies, so my taste is certainly suspect. (For the record: RE #1: Good, RE #2: All right/sometimes re-watchable, RE #3: Good (except for the whole Alice-as-psychic thing, though the scene where she firestorms the undead crows IS cool)). The last RE movie made me want to bleach the long-term memory section of my brain.

I just wish that they'd do larger seasons than like 6-8 for TWD. 6 Episodes over 1 @ 1/2 months, with a 10-10 @ 1/2 month gap until the next season IMO kills off creative momentum. When the viewer is taken out of the show's happenings for nearly a year at a time it (IMHO) damages one's ability to fully immerse in the viewing experience overall. However, it is what it is, and I certainly don't want to reanimate the beaten-to-a-pulp dead horse that is/was the debate about TWD season-size.

Ragnarr
02-Nov-2011, 11:00 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they filmed 13 episodes for this season; 7 to air before until the holidays (dec. & jan.) and then the other 6 afterwards.

ProfessorChaos
03-Nov-2011, 01:08 AM
^

that's the last thing i heard, also. a midseason break is still needless time between episodes, if you ask me....unless they are planning on having a mini-finale lined up to take care of a certain issue fans of the TWD comics are probably anxious to see.

here's the way i see it going down (major spoilers for those unaware of the story from the comics, click at your own risk):

mid season finale: death of shane
season finale: discovery of the prison

Mr. Blue
04-Nov-2011, 05:23 PM
I'm still up in the air about which is my favorite Zombie movie. Some days I think Original Dawn, but others I swing toward Savini's Night-remake. Day was fairly good, and liked it much better than Original NotLD, but never understood the people who its their #1 Zombie Movie of All Time. Then again, I actually like/enjoy SOME of the Resident Evil movies, so my taste is certainly suspect. (For the record: RE #1: Good, RE #2: All right/sometimes re-watchable, RE #3: Good (except for the whole Alice-as-psychic thing, though the scene where she firestorms the undead crows IS cool)). The last RE movie made me want to bleach the long-term memory section of my brain.

Lmao, I totally agree with you on the last Resident Evil movie. I'm just glad I didn't waste any money at the theater for it. Overall though, I do enjoy the Resident Evil movies.

Ragnarr
04-Nov-2011, 09:41 PM

Lmao, I totally agree with you on the last Resident Evil movie. I'm just glad I didn't waste any money at the theater for it. Overall though, I do enjoy the Resident Evil movies.

I think it can drive zombie fans nuts trying to decide which zombie flick was their ultimate favorite. Personal taste will vary as each film has its good and bad parts; scenes that are compelling only to be followed by scenes that are not. A flick that can establish a compelling premise and solid storyline early on, then maintain momentum for the majority of the movie will do well with its fan base.

Mr. Blue
05-Nov-2011, 01:42 AM
I think it can drive zombie fans nuts trying to decide which zombie flick was their ultimate favorite. Personal taste will vary as each film has its good and bad parts; scenes that are compelling only to be followed by scenes that are not. A flick that can establish a compelling premise and solid storyline early on, then maintain momentum for the majority of the movie will do well with its fan base.

I really think my favorite zombie movie is the original Night of the Living Dead. It was just so creepy, and the other movies out there hasn't really matched the creepy factor for me. I enjoy most all zombie movies... well, I am gonna have to re-watch Survival of the Dead. I fell asleep a couple of times on that one... lol!!! The Walking Dead has come very close to the creepy factor I am looking for.

krisvds
05-Nov-2011, 07:12 AM

j.p.

Agreed! However, just curious, have you seen theFord Brothers' The Dead? I think you will love it. It is way more tense than TWD. Love that show as well BTW.

babomb
05-Nov-2011, 04:14 PM
If you watch the extended behind the scenes clips on youtube, Gale Anne Hurd says that they're doing 13 episode seasons from now on. We're only 3 episodes in right now, 4th is tomorrow. So there's gonna be some shit to come within the next 9 weeks.
Mr. Blue, where abouts in central IL? I'm here in the Lasalle-Peru area.

Zombie Snack
06-Nov-2011, 12:23 PM
babomb I see your in Lasalle, Peru area...I am from North Carolina but I lived in Lasalle...well actually de pue for 3 years back in the 90's. I drove a truck for a company right near the Sapp Bros Truck Stop. I used to go to Lasalle and Bureau County speedway every weekend..my southern accent worked the charm on the ladies up there..

babomb
06-Nov-2011, 03:31 PM
That's awesome ZS!!! I actually live in Spring Valley, born and raised here, graduated from Hall HS in 94. I just always say the L-P area since more people are familiar with it than Bureau cty . I go to the speedway a few times a year. My girlfriend is from Depue. Did you used to go to the Silver Dome? I'm sure you went to the boat races, I still go although they aren't what they used to be.
Was it DD you drove for? I forget what the other trucking company is. I know there's also Dohrn, I have a few friends that drive for them. That's crazy that there's someone here who knows what a shithole I come from!!! hahaha

JDFP
06-Nov-2011, 07:18 PM
Agreed! However, just curious, have you seen theFord Brothers' The Dead? I think you will love it. It is way more tense than TWD. Love that show as well BTW.

I did see it. I thought it was decent and better than most zombie efforts but it just didn't do too much for me. Honestly, I thought there were too many zombies. Aren't they supposed to be near the Saharan desert? I didn't know there were that many people every where you go in the Sahara - with the number of zombies constantly around you would think they are in the suburbs of a major metropolitan area.

j.p.

Zombie Snack
06-Nov-2011, 08:22 PM
I drove for JCJ/MCT...the company owner lived in Spring Valley...Jerry DaFoe, his brother Steve DaFoe and me used to run around and hit all the bars..For anyone who doesnt know Per Capita L-P used to have more bars per person than anywhere in the USA...and more divorces per capita also...LOL. I wound up bringing a girl back to North Carolina with me but we still get back to visit every now and then...Her family is in Ladd and mendota.

Legion2213
06-Nov-2011, 10:28 PM
TWD is awesome, but I usually feel absolutely physically and emotionally drained after watching Breaking Bad, just incredible, possibly the most intense TV show I have ever seen (praying that Season 5 doesn't drop the ball with so much already tied up/resolved).

As for nBSG, loved it, bought the whole series on DVD then upgraded to BD when I got my BD player. :cool:

Edit: Welcome to HPOTD, Mr Blue, stick around, you'll get used to the inmates in no time! :D

-- -------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

You'll find a lot of love for "Night 1990" on here, I have no shame in admitting that watch and enjoy it far more than the original

As for the Resi flicks - Turn off brain and don't expect too much and they are boss movies.

Mr. Blue
07-Nov-2011, 12:51 AM
Lol Legion, thanks!!! I can't believe over the years I haven't seen NOTLD 1990... I admit it is strange.

Trencher
07-Nov-2011, 07:11 PM
I agree compleatly Walking dead with its setting and great acting is one hell of a tense ride. I like it!
Welcome to the boards.

Mr. Blue
16-Nov-2011, 04:48 AM
I agree compleatly Walking dead with its setting and great acting is one hell of a tense ride. I like it!
Welcome to the boards.

Thanks Trencher. Glad to be here!!!

MadVelvet
20-Nov-2011, 11:11 AM
Hello, I'm new to this forum. I absolutely love TWD and at the moment it's the best show on TV for me. I am not a huge TV watcher, more of a film fan, though I do like Dexter as well but I digress. TWD always leaves me with wanting more and has caused me to order the comics.

kidgloves
20-Nov-2011, 02:36 PM
Hello, I'm new to this forum. I absolutely love TWD and at the moment it's the best show on TV for me. I am not a huge TV watcher, more of a film fan, though I do like Dexter as well but I digress. TWD always leaves me with wanting more and has caused me to order the comics.

Welcome MadVelvet.

Everyones input is most welcome here, especially in the episode threads :cool:

chuck001
05-Dec-2011, 05:07 AM
I completed Walking Dead season 1. I am watching it only cuz. I like Sarah's role in Prison Breakand in this show too.

Mr. Blue
06-Dec-2011, 05:44 AM
Hey MadVelvet, welcome!!! Glad to see another new face here!!!

I'm also into Hell On Wheels these days. Seems like AMC has the best shows on right now.