PDA

View Full Version : The Innkeepers (film)

MikePizzoff
03-Nov-2011, 06:55 AM
From Ti West, the dude who made The House Of The Devil, comes a haunted house story. I loved HotD, so I'm looking forward to this.

qkm4cdqA-n4

dracenstein
14-Nov-2011, 07:50 PM
I seen the trailer on the IMDb site and will be looking forward to this, but I suspect I will have to wait for the dvd.

MikePizzoff
07-Jan-2012, 05:52 PM
The Innkeepers was alright. Not as good as I was hoping for, but I still enjoyed it. It's pretty slow-paced, but not the slow burn that The House Of The Devil was. There definitely could have been way more ghosts; a lot of the movie felt like we were watching a light-comedy about what it's like to be a clerk at a hotel, with a subplot of ghosts. However, it was still much more enjoyable than most the crap that comes out these days, but definitely not a film for everyone. Ti West's directing/editing style is much different than his previous outing; a lot of cool camera shots in this one.

Stay away from this if you need a scare fest.

I'll give it a 6.5 out of 10.

Purge
08-Jan-2012, 04:10 AM
Playing in Boston in a few weeks. I'll probably check it out.

Neil
03-Feb-2012, 10:48 AM
AICN comments here (a page down)- http://www.aintitcool.com/node/53254

THE INNKEEPERS kicks into a higher level of creepiness when Kelly McGillis joins the fun as a washed-up actress who checks into the hotel, and she just happens to be a psychic who does readings that point to a nasty presence in the dwelling. Rather than run screaming from the hotel, Claire and Luke use this as the impetus to up their ghost hunting activities.