PDA

View Full Version : Medal Of Honor: Airborne

Bunker65
27-Jun-2006, 07:45 PM
EA's got a site up now that will have "Airdrops", information regarding the game. From the site:

"This is the first official Medal of Honor Airborne Airdrop, a behind-the-lines look at the production process and development team for the latest game in the long-running Medal of Honor franchise. These Airdrops will contain all manner of mandatory field supplies – developer blogs, production videos, development team podcasts, game screenshots, and more."

The site can be found here:

http://www.ea.com/moh/airborne/airdrops.jsp?id=1

The character you play in the game is Boyd Travers:

http://img310.imageshack.us/img310/8237/travers015oh.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

I can't wait for more info on the game. I happen to love the WWII shooters & can't wait for this game as well as "Call Of Duty 3" & "Brother's In Arms: Hell's Highway".

CoinReturn
28-Jun-2006, 07:22 PM
Am I the only one getting sick of WWII shooters? The genre has been overexposed and too many similar games have been released.

bassman
28-Jun-2006, 07:35 PM
Am I the only one getting sick of WWII shooters? The genre has been overexposed and too many similar games have been released.

I don't know anything about those games or how many there are.....but does nobody else think it's kind of wrong to have games based on things like that?

I mean....it's like making entertainment out of something that real people had to go through and lose their lives over. It's glorifying war to kids and making it seem "fun"......just doesn't seem right.

Bunker65
28-Jun-2006, 07:35 PM

I can see where some would get sick of the WWII shooters but I myself haven't :). I do hope the the next 3 to come out are different enough from each other. One thing I read about this particular game is that you will be able to upgrade your weapons with real world upgrades. Like upgrading your Thompson with a drum clip & forward handle. Things that were available for the Thompson.

erisi236
28-Jun-2006, 07:56 PM
well, I've been playing the hell out of Call of Duty 2 lately, so if there are too many WW2 shooters out there it sure hasn't effected the quality one bit, cuz God damn is this game good :eek:

I'll also more then likely get Airborne :)

MinionZombie
28-Jun-2006, 11:42 PM
I see what you mean, but I guess it's a modern way of interpreting war - what about war movies? They're for entertainment purposes. It's just a human way of getting to grips with something, and like they say (along the lines of) - you laugh at what scares you ... although in this analogy it'd be you enjoy what scares you ... or I duno ... f*ck it, I'm tired as fook right now...

I'm a WW2 shooter nut, I'm an FPS man in general, but I'm certainly a follower of the MOH and COD franchises (on PC - where they're at their best rather than the cheap, cash-in, half-arsed console versions). While Medal of Honour laid the groundwork, Call of Duty came along and really did a great job - especially COD2 which was friggin' intense. They bring the chaos of war at least slightly alive for the gaming audience - Pointe du Hoc on COD2 - nuff said.

Danny
29-Jun-2006, 01:52 AM

damn straight theres too many out there, i remember back in the day kids used to play final fantasy 9, tony hawks pro skater 2 and resident evil 3 :nemesis, now all we seem to have is world war 2 shooters and racing games.
anything else is few and far between we need more crazy japanese **** in the gameing western world llike we love katamari or pikmin, for christ sakes the most popular games of all time are an obese plumber commiting wantan acts of animal cruelty and a hedgeohg raging against "the man", we all used to love crazy, yeah you there playing pro evo, remember how you used to love the twist ending at the end of earth worm jim?, now look at the crap your playing, yeah...hang your head in shame....shaaaaammmmeeee....

roll on more games like zombies vs ambulance, i gotta learn japanese faster that way ill play games from over there were it doesnt end with "heroic americans save the day...again...."

and i DARE anyone to try and diss-agree:D

*case in point select a british ,russian then american mission on call of duty 2, notice how they english are ugly and the russians look all "eastern europe peasnt" but all of the americans look all movie starry?, now thats favouritism right there,lol*

MinionZombie
29-Jun-2006, 09:35 AM
lol, that's a funky take on videogaming, but oh-so-true ... lol @ Sonic "raging against the machine", did you happen to see the Mario video over on fat-pie.com? Funny stuff indeed, also, I don't remember the name of it, but it was also a Mario video and had the line "shiggity shiggity schwa" in it - which obviously went down a treat in first year uni when we found it, lol.

I see what you mean about COD2, the Americans are all rather heroic, the British are more "gruff and common" (yet still typically stiff upper lippy, full of pluck etc), the Russians are all mad. Also notice that the American missions are a case of "save the best for last", they're also the most impressive missions...hmmm...still, I'm a WW2 Shooter Whore. :D

EvilNed
29-Jun-2006, 11:21 AM
I remember when Medal of Honor was all the rage. I got it it, played it. Then, when I saw Call of Duty being released I wondered why the heck they were releasing the same game over again, but with a different name.

WW2 games are usually wellmade. But they offer nothing original.

general tbag
29-Jun-2006, 01:20 PM
I remember when Medal of Honor was all the rage. I got it it, played it. Then, when I saw Call of Duty being released I wondered why the heck they were releasing the same game over again, but with a different name.

WW2 games are usually wellmade. But they offer nothing original.

because the original team that made the medal of honor games left ea and formed spark unlimited aka call of duty.

btw the moh flying game has been announched years ago butnothingever came of it, hopefully it does get released.

after rising sun i stopped playing the moh games, rising sun was horrible.