PDA

View Full Version : "They Live" on Youtube!

Andy
04-Dec-2011, 09:49 PM
Just stumbled across this one guys, its the whole movie.

EsyCDC-2PA8

krakenslayer
04-Dec-2011, 11:40 PM
This is a brilliant movie. Saw this at the GFT a few weeks back, it was introduced by Rab from Videogaiden (his analysis of the film's metapors on bankers and the super-rich: "Now I know there's members of the press in the audience, so I don't want to take me the wrong way when I say: someone needs to take a shotgun tae these cunts...") and I was sitting just behind the guys from Still Game which made it even more bizarrely awesome.

Andy
05-Dec-2011, 12:12 AM
What jack and victor? Really?

I heard they had a big fall out and dont speak anymore, thats why no 7th series..

krakenslayer
05-Dec-2011, 11:23 AM
What jack and victor? Really?

I heard they had a big fall out and dont speak anymore, thats why no 7th series..

They weren't sitting together. There was a whole row of seats booked out with reserved signs. Turned out it was reserved for Rab Florence's friends and family, there were a few familiar faces, most I couldn't place but those two stuck out.

I don't think they fell out to the extent that they won't speak or sit in the same room; just they're not planning to work together for the foreseeable future. I dunno for sure, I didn't see them chatting and laughing together or anything.

I didn't know you were a big fan of this movie. I should have given you a heads up on this (although it sold out pretty fast after I got my ticket). Sorry bro.

Mike70
05-Dec-2011, 05:24 PM
This is a brilliant movie.

indeed it is and very, very underrated in my not so humble opinion.

Rancid Carcass
06-Dec-2011, 08:40 PM
indeed it is and very, very underrated in my not so humble opinion.

Yeah, this film kicks ass and chews bubblegum... and it's all out of bubblegum. :D

LouCipherr
07-Dec-2011, 07:03 PM
I love this movie, as full of Velveeta (cheese) as it is. :D

"You see, I take these glasses off, she looks like a regular person doesn't she? Put 'em back on... formaldehyde-face!"

tkane18
14-Dec-2011, 06:51 PM
It has already been removed from YouTube. :(

Andy
14-Dec-2011, 07:13 PM
It has already been removed from YouTube. :(

Looks like IP-Protect is kicking in already :(

krakenslayer
14-Dec-2011, 07:45 PM
It's still up on Google Video: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9005367754264973286

Funny thing, the above video has been up there for ages. In fact I think it might be where I first saw the film, years ago. I wonder why it has never been removed in all this time.

gk
18-Dec-2011, 11:36 AM
Just few days ago, I had embedded the You Tube link on to my blog (http://gkwell.blogspot.com/2011/12/they-live.html) but today it was removed!! Now I have embedded the Google video link graciously provided by krakenslayer and lets see what happens to this one eh?

bassman
18-Dec-2011, 11:55 AM
You can also buy the movie VERY cheap these days. I've seen it in major retailers for as low as 4.99

I own it, but i'm still holding out hope for a future blu ray release with making-of and Carpenter commentary...

LouCipherr
22-Dec-2011, 02:07 PM
It's still on Youtube, but separated into 10 separate parts rather than just in one video. I was watching it last night.

"You, you're ok. This one? Real fuckin' ugly!"

:D

Bad Ronald
22-Dec-2011, 03:01 PM
I Caw De cops!

rongravy
22-Dec-2011, 04:33 PM
So many quotable quotes in this fine ayass movie. I still regularly use the bubble gum one.
I love the big fight reenactment Timmy and Jimmy did in that episode of South Park. Perfectly done.
No one could ever properly remake this badboy and should never even attempt it...
This should've made Rowdy Roddy a star.

aschamberlain
14-Mar-2012, 10:08 PM
I went to see this at the same GFT screening that Krakenslayer referred to above and wrote the following blogpost (http://problemofleisure.wordpress.com/2012/02/12/they-live/) as a result. It is a brilliant film, Rowdy Roddy Piper kicks ass (and chews bubblegum)!

Neil
15-Mar-2012, 08:43 AM
I went to see this at the same GFT screening that Krakenslayer referred to above and wrote the following blogpost (http://problemofleisure.wordpress.com/2012/02/12/they-live/) as a result. It is a brilliant film, Rowdy Roddy Piper kicks ass (and chews bubblegum)!
I certainly like it... It was one of the last good films Carpenter made IMHO. Escape from LA (which of course came afterwards) is a guilty pleasure of mine :)

aschamberlain
15-Mar-2012, 02:16 PM
I certainly like it... It was one of the last good films Carpenter made IMHO. Escape from LA (which of course came afterwards) is a guilty pleasure of mine :)

I like Escape from LA too. The Thing's probably my favourite of Carpenter's films. Have you ever seen the Pingu version? It's genius

Neil
15-Mar-2012, 02:29 PM
I like Escape from LA too. The Thing's probably my favourite of Carpenter's films. Have you ever seen the Pingu version? It's genius

The Thing - Yep, definately up towards the top of the list for me to!

Pingu version - I think it's posted on this forum somewhere :)

bassman
31-Jul-2012, 07:47 PM
Fans of this flick should be real happy to know that it's coming to Blu Ray (http://www.shoutfactorystore.com/prod.aspx?pfid=5258036) with all new interviews, commentary, etc...

http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/theylivelargeblu.jpg

They influence our decisions without us knowing it. They numb our senses without us feeling it. They control our lives without us realizing it. They Live.

Horror master John Carpenter (Halloween, The Thing) directs this heart-pounding thriller in which aliens are systematically gaining control of the Earth by masquerading as humans and lulling the public into submission. Humanity’s last chance lies with a lone drifter who stumbles upon a harrowing discovery — a unique pair of sunglasses that reveals the terrifying and deadly truth.

Production now underway for extensive and insightful bonus features that include all-new interviews, an audio commentary and archival material. We will announce in-depth bonus features and additional news in the next couple months.

If you preorder from the link above you get a free poster.

MoonSylver
31-Jul-2012, 10:03 PM
WTF is up with that cover art though? :confused: