PDA

View Full Version : FOr those that care....

OddDNA
27-Jun-2006, 08:55 PM
I was writing a sequal to Dawn of the Dead about 4 years or so ago I have the story finished but have only written 20somepages I offered them up before but never posted. I know we have some new people on here, if anyone would like to read what GAR should have started on besides LOTD (lol) let me know and Ill let you take a look and you can tease me :)

Debbieangel
02-Jul-2006, 07:41 PM
I was writing a sequal to Dawn of the Dead about 4 years or so ago I have the story finished but have only written 20somepages I offered them up before but never posted. I know we have some new people on here, if anyone would like to read what GAR should have started on besides LOTD (lol) let me know and Ill let you take a look and you can tease me :)
I would love to read it!! I promise I wont tease you...actually I would LOVE to see done differently!!!

Graebel
03-Jul-2006, 12:14 AM
Are they up yet?

Adrenochrome
03-Jul-2006, 02:42 PM
I'll give it a read....

OddDNA
03-Jul-2006, 09:02 PM
It is on my old PC I need to get it together...everyone that asked will be sent the story...it might take me a few days though

zombiegirl
03-Jul-2006, 11:34 PM
I'll give it a read. I always enjoy new fan fiction.

Exatreides
04-Jul-2006, 02:18 AM
Sounds good, get that stuff going. :)

soulsyfn
06-Jul-2006, 03:32 PM
I'd like to read it too :)

AcesandEights
06-Jul-2006, 05:37 PM
I'm eager to give it a look. I will follow this topic in the meantime...

MapMan
07-Jul-2006, 11:00 PM
I would like to read it.

coma
07-Jul-2006, 11:06 PM
me three, or four
or, uh, you know.

Bunker65
10-Jul-2006, 02:32 PM
Add me to the list of those who would like to read your story :D.

OddDNA
11-Jul-2006, 12:13 AM
here is my prob...It is saved on an old computer and I dont have it hooked up, and I am very lazy :)

OddDNA
12-Jul-2006, 02:42 AM
I am ready to send my work to all people who wish to read.

Things to keep in mind:

There is only 20-something pages of the story which would need about 200 to be complete.

This is a "true" sequel to Dawn of the Dead.

This was written before I heard the plot of LOTD.

I tried to stay true what I thought GAR's vision would be.

I wrote this for my pleasure solely.

It takes place 20 years after Dawn which some people will not like.

But other than that I think it is pretty good.

This was my 1st attempt at writing anything that was not a school assignment.

I am open to any and all critisism, errors, mistakes and I will not take them personly, like I said I am not a writer so I dont expect to be without error.

AcesandEights
12-Jul-2006, 03:48 AM
Got your message, and, and I anxiously await the chance to read the story.

It's always good to see people with the balls to put their work out for public consumption.

Debbieangel
12-Jul-2006, 06:31 PM
I am ready to send my work to all people who wish to read.

Things to keep in mind:

There is only 20-something pages of the story which would need about 200 to be complete.

This is a "true" sequel to Dawn of the Dead.

This was written before I heard the plot of LOTD.

I tried to stay true what I thought GAR's vision would be.

I wrote this for my pleasure solely.

It takes place 20 years after Dawn which some people will not like.

But other than that I think it is pretty good.

This was my 1st attempt at writing anything that was not a school assignment.

I am open to any and all critisism, errors, mistakes and I will not take them personly, like I said I am not a writer so I dont expect to be without error.

GREAT I cant wait to read it!

OddDNA
12-Jul-2006, 09:42 PM
There are some spacing issues, I tried to fix them but I might not have done a great job. I had to convert between formats by cutting and pasting and it spaced it all wrong.

Feel free to post whatever you like about the story, I look forward to hearing from you.

If anyone else would like to read just ask.

AcesandEights
12-Jul-2006, 10:00 PM
Format conversion can be a pain, especially if you don't have the software to support it. I have a few disks of old stories that come out all messed up in Word, and I just don't have the time to go through and re-align and--more annoying--patch and replace the text.

I just polished off a good book last night, and--even though I have other book in the que--I await your story patiently.

OddDNA
12-Jul-2006, 10:06 PM
It's queue not que....que is spanish for what LOL.

Now you have fodder to nail my spelling errors.

AcesandEights
12-Jul-2006, 10:11 PM
It's queue not que....que is spanish for what LOL.

Now you have fodder to nail my spelling errors.

You suck :) I almost went to dictionary.com to double check my spelling (I always mispell that word), but didn't bother.

You're going to get it now :p

PS--I probably also mispelled mispell, a word I, ironically enough, always spell incorrectly.

zombiegirl
12-Jul-2006, 11:00 PM
I am ready for the next few chapters. Get to typing man. LOL

OddDNA
12-Jul-2006, 11:37 PM
Yeah my hobbies are going to be only Poker, Drinking and the story for the next month or so.

Kaos
12-Jul-2006, 11:46 PM
Yeah my hobbies are going to be only Poker, Drinking and the story for the next month or so.

Poker? I didn't even know 'er.:o

Graebel
14-Jul-2006, 08:08 PM
Okay, trying for honesty here, so hopefully this is helpful.

I liked it. Read all three chapters. Thought the action was happening a little too fast. I would have liked to see more in the camp. More Fran and Peter interaction, and maybe a little bit more about how the doctor got all the info about Trixie. Where did they go to get it from? Etc.

But otherwise, I thought you really did a nice job. Descriptions were good and I think Roger's interaction with Peter was spot on.

Thanks for letting me read. I would love to see more. :D

coma
14-Jul-2006, 09:55 PM
Liked it. Want more, so get to work:)
The trixie explanation, at the start, seemed a bit confused.
Chapter 3 starts off in a confused way. Showed up for what? Turns out the meeting, but should be more apparent quicker.
Liked thr Roger namesake. and "Trooper that was good.
Good Stuff. Looking fowrad to more.
The Barbara Lox bit was good. Good to keep Biker lifestyle realistic instead of ignorant sterotyping. Been around plenty and while some are goons, many are not.

More are "normal"(sorta) than many would think

AcesandEights
14-Jul-2006, 10:00 PM
Seven Bloody Hells! I did not receive my copy yet :)

Let me know if you did not receive my email when I replied to your PM via my email account (still not sure how well that works).

OddDNA
15-Jul-2006, 02:16 AM
Biker lifestyle realistic instead of ignorant sterotyping. Been around plenty and while some are goons, many are not.

More are "normal"(sorta) than many would think

Not Bikers as much as raiders...they are supposed to be rough around the edges, it was purposeful but they could of just as easly showed up on skateboards. Just Motorcycles are an obvious choice for anyone leading a nomadic lifestyle. No commentary is about bikers or bikes or locksmiths :)

Debbieangel
20-Jul-2006, 01:32 AM
I emailed my opinion...loved the first 3 chapters so get busy with the rest..loved the storyline. I would like to see more story on Fran and Peter.
GOOD LUCK!!