PDA

View Full Version : something for tarantino fans

Danny
27-Jun-2006, 10:23 PM
this is nothing major just something i know film students in particular will find interesting.at least i did, especially the stuff about jules and butch the samurai.

http://www.metaphilm.com/philm.php?id=178_0_2_0_M

EvilBread
28-Jun-2006, 08:17 PM
Film students who worship Tarantino should be hung, drawn and quartered.

bassman
28-Jun-2006, 08:40 PM
Film students who worship Tarantino should be hung, drawn and quartered.

Someone is bitter toward Tarantino. Bitter or jealous, one of the two.:p

EvilBread
29-Jun-2006, 07:09 AM
Neither. I just don't see the reasoning behind picking such an average filmmaker as the second coming.

bassman
29-Jun-2006, 11:33 AM
I don't recall anyone calling him the second coming.....but he makes good films.

DjfunkmasterG
29-Jun-2006, 12:12 PM
I think his stuff is ok.

To be honest there hasn't been a decent film Since Pulp Fiction. I love Reservoir Dogs, and Pulp Fiction. Jackie Brown is ok, but Kill Bill 1 & 2 aren't all that, and sure as hell don't deserve the hype they have received.

I much prefer Robert Rodriguez over Tarantino.

bassman
29-Jun-2006, 12:15 PM
I think his stuff is ok.

To be honest there hasn't been a decent film Since Pulp Fiction. I love Reservoir Dogs, and Pulp Fiction. Jackie Brown is ok, but Kill Bill 1 & 2 aren't all that, and sure as hell don't deserve the hype they have received.

I much prefer Robert Rodriguez over Tarantino.

Alot of people say that but they forget that the "Kill Bill" films are a tribute.
They're different for Tarantino, but still entertaining.

I'm waiting on "Grindhouse":cool:

MinionZombie
29-Jun-2006, 05:01 PM
Tarantino is certainly not the second coming, but he's a damn good filmmaker who knows his sh*t and he has made some great movies. I'm into them all (except Jackie Brown which I didn't like and after Dogs and Fiction, it was just more of the bloody same), and Kill Bill changed his mould a bit (while keeping Tarantino traits in place) with an excellent tribute compilation, the guy's really got an eye for style and flair as well as action (as KB1&2 showed).

The guy talks too damn much though, ha, I liked how GAR was all rather "puh-leeeze" when Tarantino came over all uber-fanboyish-loser when he met GAR, dude ... chill out, ha!

7feet
30-Jun-2006, 03:18 PM
I can only throw in this. Sorry for the profanity, but it's a quote. From Michael Herz when I was was working on class of nuke 'em high.

"We're not making an art film, asshole."

I may think that Tarantino is often a self-important dick, but he does like a lot of the same stuff I do, and he handles it pretty well. And anybody who looks back as fondly to the old grindhouses on 42nd st (Die, Disney,Die!) as me can't be all bad. Watching Basket Case or Doctor Butcher, MD in a house full of certifiable lunatics is an experience I don't expect to be ever duplicated, anywhere. Don't much miss the guy in the row behind me jerking off, though. That was just wrong.

bassman
30-Jun-2006, 05:32 PM
"We're not making an art film, asshole."

I guess I can understand what you're saying......but film already is a form of art:rockbrow:

OddDNA
30-Jun-2006, 05:58 PM
Pulp fiction is in my top 10 movies of all time and he has had some stinkers but so has GAR and I still think both are awesome directors when they do it right.

Micheal Jordon had a bad game here and there but when he was on it was a thing to behold.

In closing...consistant no, talented yes.

coma
30-Jun-2006, 08:05 PM
I think Jackie Brown is his best movie, though Pulp Fiction was more exciting. I like all the Suttleties (spell?) in Jackie Brown. And I Looooooooove Pam Grier. Coffy is a fine example of her breasts in their prime. Like evry 10 minutes. Ooooooh.
And I really think Kill Bill v1 sucked hard. (didnt see v2). I thought it was a tribute to himself. I saw the motorcade scene. It was useless, waaay too long and was an excuse to play a surf song. I lost pateince with it after that. Though I want to check out v2, so I should probably rewatch V1. MAybe I'll like it better.

GAR's Season of the Witch is probably the worst movie I have ever scene. Saw it in a tharte in 1982 and it was pure, slow, boring torture.