PDA

View Full Version : What date does it kick off in the US again?

Neil
28-Dec-2011, 12:45 PM
How many more weeks do I/we have to wait :(

bassman
28-Dec-2011, 01:22 PM
February 12th

Neil
28-Dec-2011, 02:21 PM
February 12th
Ta! So just over 6 weeks then!

AcesandEights
28-Dec-2011, 02:22 PM
Yup, nothing compared to the wait we'll have for season 3...

bassman
28-Dec-2011, 02:35 PM
Yup, nothing compared to the wait we'll have for season 3...

I'm wondering if Season Three will still premiere in October. It's still possible, I suppose. And it makes perfect sense to open up during Fear Fest. They could be writing the third season while finishing up the edit on the second right now, film in the summer, then premiere in October.....

AcesandEights
28-Dec-2011, 02:37 PM
And it makes perfect sense to open up during Fear Fest. They could be writing the third season while finishing up the edit on the second right now, film in the summer, then premiere in October.....

That was when I was hoping it'd be. Earlier seems unrealistic and later than October seems too far off to bare contemplating.

Andy
28-Dec-2011, 02:56 PM
I'm wondering if Season Three will still premiere in October. It's still possible, I suppose.

Yeah.. October 2013 :lol:

Neil
28-Dec-2011, 03:00 PM
I'm wondering if Season Three will still premiere in October. It's still possible, I suppose. And it makes perfect sense to open up during Fear Fest. They could be writing the third season while finishing up the edit on the second right now, film in the summer, then premiere in October.....

And at least we'd have Game Of Thrones to help us over the wait :)

Season 3 is Oct 11 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Walking_Dead_%28TV_series%29#Season_3_.282012. 29

bassman
28-Dec-2011, 03:03 PM
Yeah.. October 2013 :lol:

Well that's the question. Considering they still held the same shooting shedule as the first season, only the air dates being split, i'm wondering if they're still going to try and squeeze Season Three into October 2012. It's certainly possible that they can continue the same yearly schedule. The mid season break for this season wasn't because they were still filming, but because they needed more time in the editing room.

So the second half of Season Two has probably finished or is very close to being finished, they're already tossing around ideas for Season Three, writing for said season finishes up by Spring, and filming begins in the Summer. That's the exact same schedule as last time....

Season 3 is Oct 11 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wal...n_3_.282012.29

AMC has renewed the show for Season Three, but I don't believe they've announced when it will air. And I don't exactly trust wikipedia...

Thorn
28-Dec-2011, 05:45 PM
And at least we'd have Game Of Thrones to help us over the wait :)

Season 3 is Oct 11 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Walking_Dead_%28TV_series%29#Season_3_.282012. 29

My two favorite shows on TV.

ProfessorChaos
29-Dec-2011, 04:56 AM
to answer the op:

NOT SOON ENOUGH.

can't wait to see how fast things start to fall apart for the group due to the aftershocks from the finale's big scene. things were tense before, but sophia's death will really create a divide amongst the survivors. and the whole "team rick" vs "team shane" conflict will be riveting, particularly if they stay true to the comics.

i'm also really looking forward to the group dealing with their first winter since things went to shit. they did have some cold-weather-related struggles early on in the comics, and i really enjoyed the chapters from WWZ that addressed the added hardships of freezing temperatures....with the show's filming schedule, though, i'm not too sure how soon they'll get around to that.

bassman
30-Dec-2011, 11:35 AM
For US members that need their TWD thirst quinched, AMC will air the entire show from the pilot to the mid season finale on New Year's Eve starting at 11am.

AcesandEights
30-Dec-2011, 02:03 PM
For US members that need their TWD thirst quinched, AMC will air the entire show from the pilot to the mid season finale on New Year's Eve starting at 11am.

Thanks for the tip off, Bass...may just tune in to a bit of that :)

Neil
30-Dec-2011, 04:10 PM

Wow! :)

rongravy
31-Dec-2011, 11:43 PM
Been watching on it today whilst my turkey bakes. Wife's watching crap on Univision with Don Francisco, so I'ma stay around the bedrooom from time to time. Sneak in a puff puff or two...
I'll have just enough time to see Sophie shamble out before the countdown begins.