PDA

View Full Version : Article about Make-Up Team for DEADLANDS

DjfunkmasterG
28-Jun-2006, 06:26 PM
One of the Make-Up teams on DEADLANDS was recently featured in the local gazette out of Pasadena, MD. The articles focus are on the persons responsible for the make-up and mentions the film.

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/qwerty87/Newspaper.jpg

livingdeadboy
28-Jun-2006, 06:58 PM
Thats cool that you hired those two young guys to work on your flick, how did you hear about them? Thats some pretty impressive make-up for a couple of grade 9 or 10 kids to be doing.

bassman
28-Jun-2006, 07:05 PM
That's pretty cool, man. Especially for some younger fellas.

Obviously they're fans.......so do they ever post on here?

Fulcifan91
Haha, *actually* we read about Deadlands in the newspaper, and realized "Hey, we live 15 minutes from pasadena!" and decided to e-mail DJ. In the paper it said 18+Over only, so I asked if we oculd just come to watch, but I also sent him our site. He dug it, and we've been working every weekend since :D

also, DJ- We metioned your name about 20 thousand times, but for some reason she didnt get your name in the article, sorry:(

bassman
Haha, *actually* we read about Deadlands in the newspaper, and realized "Hey, we live 15 minutes from pasadena!" and decided to e-mail DJ. In the paper it said 18+Over only, so I asked if we oculd just come to watch, but I also sent him our site. He dug it, and we've been working every weekend since :D

also, DJ- We metioned your name about 20 thousand times, but for some reason she didnt get your name in the article, sorry:(

That answers my question....

:lol:

DjfunkmasterG
28-Jun-2006, 07:10 PM

No worries... I don't want my name in print too much. The film might suck and I end up getting lynched. :D

Fulcifan91
28-Jun-2006, 07:12 PM
Haha, thats smart thinking, but im pretty sure it doesn't suck :)

Especially with our supreme FX skills involved :lol: ;)

DjfunkmasterG
28-Jun-2006, 08:10 PM
Well I am re-editing a lot of sequences to tighten up the pacing... Other than that Our DP and Make-Up Supervisor like it.

BTW you will get a chance to use those Zombie Appliances again. We are going to re-film a few things at the shelter.

Fulcifan91
29-Jun-2006, 05:17 AM
yesss :)

LouCipherr
29-Jun-2006, 12:45 PM

That's not surprising. The woman who did your interview/article is the same one that did the article on the movie just before the shelter scenes were filmed. Our DP had a BUNCH to say about the film, as did the FX supervisor. I only chimed in here and there, and what did the woman do? ONLY quoted Dj and myself and.....no one else! I mean, I still appreciate the fact that that they took the time to print some things about the movie in the newspaper, but if you're gonna ask our DP a bunch of questions, then at least print ONE of his freakin' answers.. :rolleyes:

Ah well, it's great exposure for you guys, and you deserve it. You guys have done some fantastic work for Deadlands, and we appreciate it all. ;)

LC

Fulcifan91
29-Jun-2006, 06:55 PM
Haha, why thank you.

DJ- any idea when the new shelter shooting will be?

DjfunkmasterG
29-Jun-2006, 07:53 PM
Haha, why thank you.

DJ- any idea when the new shelter shooting will be?

Waiting on Lou to give me more details on his availability. I want to do stuff I still need to film and the shelter stuff the same weekend. So as soon as he gets me a date I will book the shelter. :D