PDA

View Full Version : MAN AM I ****ED!:mad:

Danny
29-Jun-2006, 01:47 AM
okay i got a 360 the other day right everything was fine but oticed that if i turned the xbox on with kameo allready in i would get "your disc is damaged or dirty, when it isnteither it was less than 24 hours out of the wrapper, now over the last two days its been giving me nothing but this message about 3 seconds into the intro screen and doesnt work, my 4 other games work and my xbox isnt getting hot like when i first got it so it isnt a fualty console i was told by microsoft to erase the game save as it may be corrupted, i did and guess what?

it still aint working and my emaculatly brand new disc is apparently "dirty or damaged", is it buggery, so tomorrow during my college break im going to game to get it exchanged for another, i hope or im asking my money back for the whole system.

sorry for a rant thread but im ****ed off any other 360 users had faults yet?

at least i didnt get an overheating console...:dead:

CoinReturn
29-Jun-2006, 03:07 AM
If all of your other games work, its probably the disk itself. Though there have been quite a few faulty consoles.

Bunker65
29-Jun-2006, 03:52 AM
I would lay odds that it's the disc since your other games are working fine. One thing you can try is removing the HDD & see if you get the errors. I've heard that that can be an issue at times.

Sorry that you are having problems. I've had my 360 since December & have had no problems except for the odd freezing of a game with MLB 2K6. Every other game has worked just fine.

There have been some hardware issues with the 360 but those were pretty much with the launch systems. I haven't heard of many problems at all with the more recently manufactured consoles.

Whatever the case let us know how everything turns out. Good luck !!

Arcades057
29-Jun-2006, 04:47 AM
I had this problem with the Xbox and the game Morrowind. I bought the game and brought it home. I tried it out and created my character. I saved it and then went to work. While I was gone my brother played a game with no problem.

When I got home and tried to play it, it wouldn't get past the title screen. Nothing worked past that. I took the game back and got another one; same problem. Tried a third game and still no joy. Everything else worked like a dream, just that game did not.

Never did replace it after the third one. I just got my money back.

general tbag
29-Jun-2006, 01:33 PM
which way do you have the system laying, horizontial or vertical. if it horizontial try the vertical. and them try your game again . if not call microsoft and complain.....

Danny
01-Jul-2006, 02:56 PM
ive never put my consoles, ps2, 360 ect. vertically cus im paranoid about the disc screweing up, ill try it.

Exatreides
01-Jul-2006, 05:35 PM
the 360 was made to be vertical, try holding A down when the 360 first loads it clears the catch and might help(had to do it for oblivion as it loaded so slow)

Danny
06-Jul-2006, 02:35 AM
the 360 was made to be vertical, try holding A down when the 360 first loads it clears the catch and might help(had to do it for oblivion as it loaded so slow)

i honestly have no idea who told you that but its usless:lol:

anyhoo i got it replaced for free and becuase i was the only person who bought one there that got a faulty game, not a console they threw in american wasteland for free, so now i have a 360 with 6 games for 400, schwing!:D

oh and compared to THUG 2 ,its ****.