PDA

View Full Version : The Vampire Lestat could be making a comeback

Neil
08-Feb-2012, 12:12 PM
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Vampire-Lestat-Could-Making-Comeback-With-Tale-Body-Thief-29303.html

Brian Grazer and Ron Howard’s Imagine Entertainment has optioned Rice's fourth novel in the Vampire Chronicles, The Tale of the Body Thief. While this may seem a foolish move to attempt to cash-in on a franchise that never got moving to begin with, I actually think it's a smartly chosen property for Imagine. Namely, because it is an adventure that is not deeply tied into Rice's web-like overarching story structure. The Tale of the Body Thief is almost a one-off.

Here Lestat is a vampire utterly bored of his existence. Thanks to his supernatural abilities he's gone on incredible adventures, but now living in contemporary America, suffers from ennui and dabbles in suicide, but cannot die. (Le sigh!) However, a thrilling new opportunity presents itself when a psychic, who can swap bodies and thereby live forever, offers to alleviate Lestat's boredom by allowing him to actually become someone else—namely someone human--for one day. Inevitably, the body thief runs off with Lestat's super-powered vampire bod, and he must track him down in a wild, globetrotting game of cat and mouse.

slickwilly13
08-Feb-2012, 08:03 PM
Not to be a buzz kill, but the plot sounds stupid. A psychic switching bodies????

Christopher Jon
08-Feb-2012, 08:58 PM
Not to be a buzz kill, but the plot sounds stupid. A psychic switching bodies????

In a world of flying vampires, anything is possible.

MoonSylver
08-Feb-2012, 11:40 PM
They missed their chance when they skipped faithfully adapting "The Vampire Lestat" as a follow up to "Interview". Now I coudn't care less. :|

Danny
09-Feb-2012, 12:52 AM

if its based on any of the anne rice books it probably IS stupid.

JDFP
09-Feb-2012, 01:20 AM
if its based on any of the anne rice books it probably IS stupid.

... And yet infinitely better than anything Stephenie Meyer could do on her absolute best day.

j.p.

AcesandEights
09-Feb-2012, 02:33 PM
Finally a reason to get my lace cravat collection out of storage!

http://thevoiceoftv.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Psych3x03.jpg

Having read one and a quarter of her novels, I fancy myself a bit of an Anne Rice expert, and I have to say Memnoch the Devil, while contrived, wasn't a bad Summer read circa 1997. Never could finish Interview, though :|