PDA

View Full Version : TWD - So just two episodes left...

Neil
08-Mar-2012, 12:25 PM
Hope they're good solid ones. And I think we all know it's going to end on some horrible cliff hanger which we'll have to wait over six months to resolve :(

JDFP
08-Mar-2012, 12:42 PM
Better than having to wait between seasons for "Mad Men" - this last time has been about two years!

I have a feeling what the closing "shot" will be myself, but no spoilers. Also, I have a feeling the last episode we'll get a hint at what the ol' doc said to Rick (but that probably won't be resolved until next year too to keep people in "suspense").

j.p.

bassman
08-Mar-2012, 02:00 PM
Better than having to wait between seasons for "Mad Men" - this last time has been about two years!

That was due to AMC being cheap asses and Mad Men creator, Matt Weiner almost had to take the show to another network. After much debate, they ended up with a huge deal for three more seasons and a massive paycheck. AMC also gave Breaking Bad a hard time. The ending to BB season four was made as a make shift series finale because they feared they wouldn't be able to return for the fifth and final season.

As for TWD, a six month gap is really great, imo! Almost half as long as the usual wait between seasons. Seperating the season into two halves was a nice way to shorten the off season.

Neil
08-Mar-2012, 02:07 PM
As for TWD, a six month gap is really great, imo! Almost half as long as the usual wait between seasons. Seperating the season into two halves was a nice way to shorten the off season.

At least Game of Thrones will help fill the gap too!

AcesandEights
08-Mar-2012, 02:09 PM
Seperating the season into two halves was a nice way to shorten the off season.

Yeah, it worked for me, too.

Thorn
13-Mar-2012, 01:12 PM
Madmen, Game of Thrones that is what I have until TWD and AHS come back in October, not bad fillers ;)

Legion2213
13-Mar-2012, 06:02 PM
That was due to AMC being cheap asses and Mad Men creator, Matt Weiner almost had to take the show to another network. After much debate, they ended up with a huge deal for three more seasons and a massive paycheck. AMC also gave Breaking Bad a hard time. The ending to BB season four was made as a make shift series finale because they feared they wouldn't be able to return for the fifth and final season.

I'm not even sure where they can go with S5 of Breaking bad, all the really important/dramatic story lines have been tied up for me. Might be better left alone.

As for TWD - Only one more to go now...bitter sweet feeling, I know it will be good, but I know it will be the last for several months.

Eat Flesh
14-Mar-2012, 12:05 AM
Yeah I was not sure if I was thrilled initially with breaking up the season into two parts. But it has worked out great and as you guys say the wait for season 3 has shortened.

For me this season has been fantastic and the second half has been excellent and honestly better than I expected and as good as I was hoping for.

rongravy
14-Mar-2012, 12:47 AM
Yeah, only a measly 7-ish months away...