PDA

View Full Version : Carrie remake (film)

Neil
27-Mar-2012, 06:22 PM
http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/mgm-formally-offers-lead-remake-of-stephen-kings-carrie-to-chloe-moretz/

After meeting and reading a group of young actresses for Carrie, MGM, Screen Gems and director Kim Peirce have made their decision and made the formal offer today to Chloe Moretz.

Mike70
27-Mar-2012, 09:41 PM
um, no. this was just remade a few years ago in a failed attempt to turn it into a tv series (i'm not shitting y'all on that)- there was an attempt to turn "carrie" into a tv series. thankfully, the pilot performed so badly that the whole thing imploded.

is there nothing sacred anymore? what's next a remake of "hour of the wolf?"

Sammich
28-Mar-2012, 12:41 AM
There was a remake AND a sequel to the remake.

Purge
06-Apr-2012, 02:34 PM
Every horror remake that Moretz in is flops--Let Me In, Amityville, etc. She needs to go away.

JDFP
08-Apr-2012, 03:48 PM
I thought the remake was actually pretty damn good for a made for TV film - and I liked how they had the balls to completely change the ending of it ("You did what? You re-wrote Stephen King?") - of course, Darabont did the same thing in "The Mist" as well (and quite nicely done too, I thought). And any film with David Keith gets my vote of approval as he's a local actor who has a place only a few miles from here (nice guy too). Plus, Claire from "LOST" was in it and looked absolutely yummy wearing skimpy clothes. So, yeah, I normally despise re-makes but the "Carrie" one was actually pretty well done considering the original one is quite dated (although still good as well).

I like Chloe Moretz. "Let the Right One In" was actually very good - which surprised me considering I wasn't expecting much from yet another re-make of a foreign film (i.e. "We're gonna Americanize this for people too ignorant to be bothered to read subtitles!"). I think she'll do well in the role and she'll actually be age appropriate as well. From what I've read, they are discussing casting Jodie Foster as Carrie's mother - now THAT would be something worth watching!

With this said, "Carrie" is one of Stephen King's most absolutely depressing works - there's no happy ending for anyone involved. They'll no doubt attempt to PG-13 this film for $$$ from the Millie teenagers they will be aiming for with it - so I'll make a wager they'll cop out on the original very bleak ending like the re-make did. The world is a much different place from the 70's - people just don't do well with bleak endings anymore (as we've seen on this forum from discussions of "The Mist"). It'll be interesting to see it play out though.

j.p.

Neil
23-Aug-2012, 01:52 PM
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/First-Carrie-Remake-Images-Drench-Chloe-Moretz-Blood-32608.html

Boys Don't Cry director Kimberly Peirce is promising a more modern and character-focused version of Carrie, as she's in the midst of remaking Brian De Palma's 1976 classic. But one look at this first image of Chloe Moretz as the telekinetic teen and you might be getting deja vu. Moretz is missing Sissy Spacek's iconic pale blue eyes, but well, take a look below and see how similar all that blood looks.

http://www.cinemablend.com/images/news/32608/_1345727772.jpg

wayzim
23-Aug-2012, 09:51 PM
There was a remake AND a sequel to the remake.

I know that USA Network had done a Carrie remake several years ago, but aren't we're getting this confused with the Firestarter series ( also on USA, also from a Stephen King novel. ) where Charlie (played by Drew Barrymore in the original movie ) was all growd up and ready to kick The Shop's collective ass?

Way Zim

Neil
16-Oct-2012, 01:45 PM
Teaser trailer....

tBySP7UutgE

Purge
22-Oct-2012, 03:28 PM
I thought the remake was actually pretty damn good for a made for TV film - and I liked how they had the balls to completely change the ending of it ("You did what? You re-wrote Stephen King?")

Actually, the ending of the TV version was more faithful to the novel--some people survive the prom, and Carrie pretty much burns down everything she walks past on her way home. I never really believed that everyone at the prom would be laughing at her, including the gym teacher who gave her a boost.

Neil
23-Sep-2013, 09:44 PM
-AQYBHYil5A

Neil
18-Oct-2013, 08:42 AM
Mediocre review at AICN - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/64682

CARRIE could have been a worthless endeavor, and at times, it comes close to it. But it's the performances, especially the stunningly good Chloë Grace Moretz, that are the movie's saving grace.

MinionZombie
18-Oct-2013, 09:41 AM
So another remake that doesn't live up to the original at all? Gee, what a shocker. Also - that 30 second trailer shows the entire damn movie!

I'll stick with the original, thank you very much. I remember that final shot scared the bejesus out of me the first time I saw it - it also helped that I had no idea what was coming up.

Geordie9
18-Oct-2013, 11:25 PM
So another remake that doesn't live up to the original at all? Gee, what a shocker. Also - that 30 second trailer shows the entire damn movie!

I'll stick with the original, thank you very much. I remember that final shot scared the bejesus out of me the first time I saw it - it also helped that I had no idea what was coming up.

i agree. the ending got me too