PDA

View Full Version : Remake - Now they've really gone and done it!

Neil
24-May-2012, 08:27 PM
How and why!?!? - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/55973

http://s3.amazonaws.com/coolproduction/ckeditor_assets/pictures/7222/original/exor.jpg?1337879762

CJ Markham
24-May-2012, 09:10 PM
I've been hearing rumors about this for over a decade.

In fact, the last time I heard about an Exorcist remake, I heard that it was going to be a mini-series, and that Dakota Fanning was being courted for "Reagan".

I literally just watched the original last night...and it'll be hard to top. Times have changed in our society, and I'm thinking that the story won't be as scary to modern audiences.

Who knows? Maybe it'll follow the novel more closely, and it'll be a supernatural detective story?

Danny
24-May-2012, 10:00 PM
i rewatched it for the first time in like 10 years last month and the film is utterly superb. theres a reason its one of the few mainstream award winning horror films.

this is just going to be a pale imitation, no more than any remake and like any other remake wont do anything to the original other than driving more people to seek it out.

in summation:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/i-aint-even-mad.jpg

shootemindehead
24-May-2012, 10:04 PM
A bit of sick just came up in my mouth.

MoonSylver
24-May-2012, 10:31 PM
Maybe they're punching up the laughs? :rockbrow:

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj2/Zin23/BeetlejuiceExorcist.gif
:lol:

A bit of sick just came up in my mouth.

Yeah I'd be hard pressed to think of a movie that could benefit LESS from a remake. Sadly, nothing surprises me on the remake front anymore. :(

bassman
24-May-2012, 10:41 PM
It's a TV mini-series, not a movie remake. No big deal, imo. Books are often translated multiple times between TV and feature films.

Danny
24-May-2012, 11:07 PM
Yeah I'd be hard pressed to think of a movie that could benefit LESS from a remake. Sadly, nothing surprises me on the remake front anymore. :(

top 5 off the top of my head.
-the godfather
-ghostbusters
-the 6th sense
-the big lebowski
-the matrix

and there are whispers about a godfather one from ,ugh, rob zombie of all people...

AcesandEights
24-May-2012, 11:10 PM
and there are whispers about a godfather one from ,ugh, rob zombie of all people...

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b205/DougOBrien/icon_2emo.gif

Mike70
25-May-2012, 04:00 AM
-the godfather
-ghostbusters
-the 6th sense
-the big lebowski
-the matrix

anyone even considering remaking "the big lebowski" should be hung up like a pinata while the keebler elves pummel them with baseball bats in an attempt to knock the candy out of their asses and some sense into their heads.

Sammich
25-May-2012, 06:16 AM
anyone even considering remaking "the big lebowski" should be hung up like a pinata while the keebler elves pummel them with baseball bats in an attempt to knock the candy out of their asses and some sense into their heads.

Is this one ok?

OuidFLd7Hr8

Neil
25-May-2012, 09:34 AM
It's a TV mini-series, not a movie remake. No big deal, imo. Books are often translated multiple times between TV and feature films.

True, but that's all the reason it'll not punch as hard/well!

Just rings of trying to cash in on the success of the original, rather than it's own merits!

LouCipherr
25-May-2012, 12:14 PM
Maybe they're punching up the laughs?

Yeah, maybe they can go all DARK SHADOWS on this one! :shifty:

:rolleyes:

Geez.. they REALLY need to take the camera away from RZ.

anyone even considering remaking ANY MOVIE ALREADY MADE should be hung up like a pinata while the keebler elves pummel them with baseball bats in an attempt to knock the candy out of their asses and some sense into their heads.

There, I fixed that for ya Mike. :lol:

bassman
25-May-2012, 01:43 PM
True, but that's all the reason it'll not punch as hard/well!

Just rings of trying to cash in on the success of the original, rather than it's own merits!

If anything, it will just turn more people onto Friedkin's film. It most likely won't live up to the book or the original movie, but who knows? It could possibly turn out to be a decent few nights of television.

Mike70
25-May-2012, 01:49 PM
Is this one ok?

OuidFLd7Hr8

is there a lesbian whipped cream orgy? if so, then it sounds like a platinum hit. :lol:

MoonSylver
25-May-2012, 10:47 PM
-the godfather
-ghostbusters
-the 6th sense
-the big lebowski
-the matrix

Mmmm. Good list. "Star Wars" popped into my head as I was writing that sentence. But I didn't go ahead & say it, probably because King George already DID remake it. Kinda, Sorta....:shifty:

I think the real reason though (TBH) is because I think both of those films have a certain level of cultural impact that can't easily be duplicated today. Due no doubt largely in part to the the era they were made in, the state of film making & society at that time, etc, etc.

Short version: you can't really catch lightning in a bottle twice, especially using the same bottle. ;)

Trin
27-May-2012, 12:24 AM
I would not like to see the Matrix remade. But I do think they could call Mulligan on the Matrix 2 & 3 and redo them with better scripts, same actors, director, etc.

Neil
28-May-2012, 12:57 PM
I would not like to see the Matrix remade. But I do think they could call Mulligan on the Matrix 2 & 3 and redo them with better scripts, same actors, director, etc.

Matrix 2 & 3 really did drop the ball for me :(

They went further and further up their own backside with daft nonsense instead of trying to keep hard/solid believable rules...

bassman
31-May-2012, 06:40 PM
"Utterly false", says Exorcist creator William Peter Blatty. How does he know? He still owns the rights to the property and he and the original film's director, William Friedkin, actually have their own script for a mini series that they hope to one day produce.

...we’ve just received a message from William Peter Blatty, who wrote the original novel and screenplay, assuring us that the rumours are “utterly false”. According to Blatty, it would be impossible for Morgan Creek to produce the show as the rights still belong to Blatty himself.

"Friedkin and I have a new miniseries remake script that we hope will one day be picked up."

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/05/30/william-peter-blatty-and-william-friedkin-have-their-own-exorcist-miniseries-planned/

AcesandEights
31-May-2012, 07:04 PM
"Utterly false", says Exorcist creator William Peter Blatty. How does he know? He still owns the rights to the property and he and the original film's director, William Friedkin, actually have their own script for a mini series that they hope to one day produce.

World's Greatest Detective!

That's good to know.