PDA

View Full Version : Sinister (film)

Neil
14-Jun-2012, 12:14 PM
OK, looks creapy!

GexPczfqikI

MikePizzoff
25-Jun-2012, 10:01 PM
Doesn't look too shabby - I dig the concept and I'm always up for a paranormal type film. However, if it's anything like Insidious, I'll be waiting for this one to come on TV.

Neil
12-Oct-2012, 12:50 PM
AICN seems to like it - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/59045

SINISTER isn't a horror film that happens to be good. It's a good film that just so happens to be horror. A sound story and intriguing characters lay the groundwork for the scares to be brought to you, and whether it's jump scares or fear of the unknown that get you, SINISTER offers up something for everyone's tastes, registering it as one of the more well-rounded horror films I've seen in awhile.

MoonSylver
12-Oct-2012, 02:34 PM
A lot o' de early reviews have been very positive. I've heard there is some genuine scares & horror to go along w/ a well constructed story. I think I'm gonna go see it this weekend. :)

Neil
12-Oct-2012, 03:46 PM
A lot o' de early reviews have been very positive. I've heard there is some genuine scares & horror to go along w/ a well constructed story. I think I'm gonna go see it this weekend. :)

Give us some feedback then please...

Danny
13-Oct-2012, 12:37 AM
Been kinda excited for this, im a sucker for supernatural horror, particularly remotely 'ring' style ghosts. hope its not crap.

rongravy
13-Oct-2012, 03:27 AM
hope its not crap.

SPOILERS PERHAPS?
(not sure)

Bummer then. It started out with alot of promise. You start thinking the weird guy he sees in the videos is really going to be cool and creepy. Then guess what?
That's about it for him until the end.
Once the ghost kids show up, it gets completely retarded. I really wanted/expected this to be good, like Insidious was.
FAIL.

clanglee
13-Oct-2012, 08:29 AM
Well Insidious got horrible at the end. . .so crap. I still have hopes for this one though.

MoonSylver
13-Oct-2012, 09:15 PM
Give us some feedback then please...

Just got back. Like it quite a bit. Good story. Well acted. Brought the creepy & a few scares. Not gory, but doesn't pull any punches in terms of graphic content. Pacing was moderately slow to steady, but the plot was engrossing enough that it kept me fully engaged. I've seen comparisons to Se7en+8MM+The Ring. I can see that to an extent. Overall fairly unnerving & unsettling. Don't want to rave about it per se, but it was solid & one of the better horror films I've seen recently.