PDA

View Full Version : Day of the Dead Remake...

RayoftheDead
24-Aug-2012, 03:44 AM
Is there anyone who actually LIKED the Day of the Dead remake? I consider it possibly one of the worst zombie movies ever. More so because I absolutely adore the original Day of the Dead. I consider Day to be the GREATEST zombie film ever so to even try and remake this gem is a failure in its own right...thoughts?

- Ray of the Dead
Buy Romero original Romero stuff from me!
http://photobucket.com/romeroitems4sale

bassman
24-Aug-2012, 12:08 PM
Yes. Only because it's so painfully bad it's fun. I'm a sucker for bad movies and Day08 is a perfect candidate for a MST3K revival.

Anyway....yeah, the movie is awful. I've only enjoyed it because it's so unintentionally funny.

Trancelikestate
24-Aug-2012, 09:06 PM
Watch Contagium, then Day 08.

AcesandEights
24-Aug-2012, 10:04 PM
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Nein_074172_193072.gif

aaron2
11-Dec-2012, 03:22 PM
I really like the remake and storyline When a small Colorado town is overrun by the flesh hungry dead a small group of survivors try to escape in a last ditch effort to stay alive

Cykotic
14-May-2013, 04:18 PM
I just can't state how much this film sucks

Geordie9
18-Oct-2013, 12:51 PM
best bit of this movie was when i turned it off!!

Ragnarr
27-Nov-2013, 11:43 PM
Watching the 2008 Day remake made me wonder, do film producers actually realize when they're making a complete crap of a movie? Do the actors suddenly stop at some point during filming wondering if they're in a bad movie like a squirrel pauses when eating a nut? Why the hell waste money making something the producer HAS TO KNOW is bad when he can just put in a bit more time and effort to make it awesome? :mad:

erisi236
18-Jan-2014, 10:54 PM
I'm going to vote "yes" just because it kept my interest till the end.

I have no idea why they called it "Day of the Dead" but what can 'ya do. They probably should have called it "House of the Dead 3", maybe then it would be known only as a substandard z-movie as opposed to a slap in the fact of the Romero classic.

Neil
19-Jan-2014, 11:50 AM
Watching the 2008 Day remake made me wonder, do film producers actually realize when they're making a complete crap of a movie? Do the actors suddenly stop at some point during filming wondering if they're in a bad movie like a squirrel pauses when eating a nut? Why the hell waste money making something the producer HAS TO KNOW is bad when he can just put in a bit more time and effort to make it awesome? :mad:

The exact same question I've asked about The Asylum on a film by film basis!

zomtom
26-Jan-2014, 05:14 AM
I have to say yes. Granted, it's not much to write home about but at least I was able to watch it to the end. I have seen so much worse.