PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Animatic

LouCipherr
21-Sep-2012, 04:15 PM
Ok, I found this on another website and thought it was pretty damn cool - check it out:

9ZECC-f1CKU

This is what the guy who created it had to say about it:

"As a lifelong HALLOWEEN fan it would be a dream to direct a reboot of the franchise that's so near and dear to my heart. I created this animatic to show the tone and storytelling that I would bring to the project if I were lucky enough to have that chance. If you like it, please repost...if this gets enough hits, who knows, maybe I'll get that opportunity!

For more of my work, including my short film which won Best Horror Short at Comic Con, please go to www.thefilmartist.com"

I thought it was pretty damn impressive. Your thoughts?

MinionZombie
21-Sep-2012, 05:04 PM
Interesting post, Lou.

The dialogue was pretty clunky, but aside from that the idea, the composition of shots, the pacing of the editing etc was all excellent. I really got into it.

LouCipherr
21-Sep-2012, 07:50 PM
The dialogue was pretty clunky, but aside from that the idea, the composition of shots, the pacing of the editing etc was all excellent. I really got into it.

Agreed - but man, what atmosphere with that animation, eh? The shot composition/pacing/editing was quite pleasing.

I think with some good voice actors, it would be awesome to see this done, even as an animated film. :D

wayzim
22-Sep-2012, 01:39 AM
Agreed - but man, what atmosphere with that animation, eh? The shot composition/pacing/editing was quite pleasing.

I think with some good voice actors, it would be awesome to see this done, even as an animated film. :D

I feel like the kid on the sidewalk in The Incredibles "That was totally wicked! "

This fella knew what he was after and I'm quite impressed.

Wayne Z

aaron2
31-Oct-2012, 05:16 AM
It is indeed a great work...Though i didn't find the dialogues and theme that much...Use of effects was preety awesome:)