PDA

View Full Version : Code at the top of forum pages

Mike70
07-Oct-2012, 03:04 PM
hey guys, this has been appearing at the top of some pages, particularly on my profile:

'); } else { document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); document.write(''); } document.write(''); //-->

is anyone else getting this at the top of their profile or any other forum page?

i thought i'd let you guys know in case there is a problem.

ProfessorChaos
07-Oct-2012, 03:10 PM
not seeing that at all, mike. not on regular forum pages nor my profile page.

Mike70
07-Oct-2012, 04:00 PM
not seeing that at all, mike. not on regular forum pages nor my profile page.

hmm...must be a...conspiracy then. :shifty:

Andy
07-Oct-2012, 04:29 PM
I havnt noticed anything Mike, what browser are you using?

Mike70
07-Oct-2012, 06:12 PM
I havnt noticed anything Mike, what browser are you using?

an older version of firefox. that might be the problem. I haven't updated to the newer version yet. that's probably what is it is.

i was letting you guys know in case it was something on your end.

clanglee
07-Oct-2012, 07:42 PM
hey guys, this has been appearing at the top of some pages, particularly on my profile:

is anyone else getting this at the top of their profile or any other forum page?

i thought i'd let you guys know in case there is a problem.

Well Mike, if you wear special sunglasses that code actually looks like this: 1124

Andy
07-Oct-2012, 11:06 PM
an older version of firefox. that might be the problem. I haven't updated to the newer version yet. that's probably what is it is.

i was letting you guys know in case it was something on your end.

I use firefox too and cant see anything out of place, it could be that its not decoding php correctly if its an out of date version.

Have you noticed any problems anywhere else? (other sites etc)

Neil
08-Oct-2012, 01:34 PM
I use firefox too and cant see anything out of place, it could be that its not decoding php correctly if its an out of date version.

Have you noticed any problems anywhere else? (other sites etc)

php is decoded on the server (to HTML etc). Browsers never see php.

That code looks like javascript to me!

Mike70
08-Oct-2012, 02:41 PM
Well Mike, if you wear special sunglasses that code actually looks like this: 1124

:lol: nice to see you around, man. how have you been, ya' smart ass?

Andy, i haven't really noticed any problems on other sites. i'm gonna take a look at some settings on my end and do an update.

thanks guys.