PDA

View Full Version : Can this forum be hacked?

DjfunkmasterG
06-Jul-2006, 07:29 PM
Just curious as I was just over at ZUM B Nation and they were hacked... the hackers plastered their logo all over the forum.

Adrenochrome
06-Jul-2006, 07:32 PM
I doubt it.....but, then again......anything can be "hacked" I guess, if you're not careful.

Andy
06-Jul-2006, 07:48 PM
andreno's right, absolutly anything on the internet can be hacked, but vBulletin is regarded as one of the most secure systems.

security updates are released regularlly and i always add as soon as possible, so the chances of this place getting hacked are minimum.

Adrenochrome
06-Jul-2006, 07:54 PM
andreno's right, absolutly anything on the internet can be hacked, but vBulletin is regarded as one of the most secure systems.

security updates are released regularlly and i always add as soon as possible, so the chances of this place getting hacked are minimum.
I can't see this one getting hacked.....too tight.

axlish
06-Jul-2006, 07:56 PM
Anything and everything on the net is a password away from being hacked.

AcesandEights
06-Jul-2006, 09:03 PM
bad question to ask... this will just invite a challenge:evil:

Too true. The most important thing is keeping up on all the security updates released. Boommark the support boards for the version and check there every so often, even though you should get update announcements in your inbox (assuming you're signed up) and on your admin control panel.

Andy
07-Jul-2006, 07:26 AM
yes the admin control panel tells me when a update has been released.

and it isnt a challenge as i openly admitted these forums could be hacked, it would of been a challenge if i'd said, no way. never. not a chance. :p

erisi236
07-Jul-2006, 04:57 PM
I've actually seen a few of the forums and websites that I visit lately have been hacked by some group Muslims (or at least claim to be Muslims). It's damn weird, and iritateing, damn hackers :dead:

MinionZombie
07-Jul-2006, 06:55 PM
F*ck sake, now internet terrorism. Geez, us "infidels" can't even post on a forum without being attacked? Damn that's lame...:rockbrow:

Either that or it's a bunch of fat white boys with no dicks who spend their lives p*ssing people off cos they've got f*ck all to do until they die having led a sad and lonely life consisting of watching soap operas while masturbating with cheeto-tinged fingers as they download Sarah Michelle Gellar fake nude pictures from the internet...:eek:

general tbag
08-Jul-2006, 06:59 AM
everything hackable, not unless it a closed lan with no wireless and even then all you need is a open cable.

past hacks umm f.b.i recently , the army , look at the hl2 hack.

for the most part it just a exploit not yet reported. so your always at the mercy of the software provider and the updates. there still is alot of windowz based exploits floating round not yet patched.

also working for isps, a home computer isnt realy that hard, hell lan hacking on node was pretty easy back in the day.

hey andy an dos attacks ever on the site...