PDA

View Full Version : Dead Rising

MikePizzoff
06-Mar-2006, 10:50 PM
How freakin pumped is everyone to play this game? Holy **** it seems like it's pretty much going to be everything I've ever dreamed of a video game being. It's deffinitly the main reason I'm going to buy the XBOX 360. Check out this link for a ton of pictures.

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/748/748396/imgs_1.html

Geophyrd
06-Mar-2006, 11:46 PM
available on Xbox Live. it looks great!

scoracrasia
10-Mar-2006, 02:28 PM
So when does it come out?

MikePizzoff
10-Mar-2006, 09:33 PM
I believe it's coming out in June.

Andy
10-Mar-2006, 10:26 PM
this is better suited to the games forum :p

erisi236
11-Mar-2006, 06:12 PM
Someone has seen Dawn04 it seems. :D

http://www.games.net/screens/109994/45683-1-2.jpg

Enzomatrix
11-Mar-2006, 06:56 PM
hope it comes out on ps3. it probably wont but i can dream. i just really wish more zombie games start going towards more film realism the way this one seems to be. the whole atmosphere and the fear of being surrounded and outnumbered. ive said this before and ill say it again the guy who wrote the BodySnatcher series of stories for hpotd those games would be awesome to base a game around. and then take it a step farther and make it an online playable game where you work in groups to save people and gather supplies.

and then have peopel playing the roles of the Necs and have them abe to herd and direct zombies into places where people are. but youd need to make weapon damage more realistic. headshots kill instantly , a shot to the leg or arm depending on the wepon and place your shot in will either incapacitate that limb or make it hard to use. and you can cripple someone with shots to limbs but the character wont die. that way to be an ass you can cripple an opponent and leave them to be eaten by zombies. and if shot in both legs you can crawl to safety.

Craig
11-Mar-2006, 08:35 PM
This game is the first step to a fully realistic zombie suvival game that many of us dream of. This is about the only reason I want an XBox 360.

Danny
15-Mar-2006, 01:39 AM
this, halo 3 and alan wake are the reasons im getting a 360.

that and it comes with wireless controllers that cost about 2/3rds of those rip-off wavebirds.

Tullaryx
22-Mar-2006, 04:06 PM
hope it comes out on ps3. it probably wont but i can dream.

Yeah, it won't be out for the PS3. It's a 360 exclusive from Capcom. But hey, this just means you now have a reason to get yourself a 360. :D

Bunker65
22-Mar-2006, 07:12 PM
I am really looking forward to the release of this game. I love the fact that you can use anything you can get your hands on as a weapon in the game :D.

With Dead Rising & Resident Evil 5 coming in the future my zombie game craving will be satiated for a little bit :).

Tullaryx
22-Mar-2006, 07:20 PM
I am really looking forward to the release of this game. I love the fact that you can use anything you can get your hands on as a weapon in the game :D.

Hell, you can use traffic cones and plop them over the heads of zombies to distract them. That's genius!

Bunker65
22-Mar-2006, 11:21 PM
Hell, you can use traffic cones and plop them over the heads of zombies to distract them. That's genius!

I totally agree :D. Here is a shot of just that:

http://img461.imageshack.us/img461/3525/92832620060217screen0143nl.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Rottedfreak
26-Mar-2006, 05:45 AM
Dead Rising could be one of Xbox 360's classics, the fact that even if you can't get a gun you can still use whatever's lying around, (for example swinging zombies) looks like alot of fun. Whoever is making this seems to be making a free roaming playable Dawn of the Dead.

Craig
26-Mar-2006, 08:36 AM
Dead Rising could be one of Xbox 360's classics, the fact that even if you can't get a gun you can still use whatever's lying around, (for example swinging zombies) looks like alot of fun. Whoever is making this seems to be making a free roaming playable Dawn of the Dead.
It's Capcom making this, the masters of the zombie game genre (pretty much 'cause no one else makes zombie games).

Tullaryx
26-Mar-2006, 10:31 PM
Dead Rising also makes ingenius use of one of those patio umbrellas. Open it up and use it as a battering ram/shield. :)