PDA

View Full Version : Strange goings on...

shootemindehead
05-Mar-2013, 07:19 PM
Recently, over the last few days I've been getting this sort of page appearing when I click into a forum. It happens randomly and on various forums. I can click out and back in and all is ok. Anyone know what's going on?

Neil
05-Mar-2013, 07:54 PM
Seems odd. Never seen that!

Possibly something to do with the adverts. But the company behind these will be changing so that could put an end to it!

Give it a few days please.

rongravy
05-Mar-2013, 08:14 PM
I clicked on the stupid picture and now the board looks different, and the links for things like new posts are gone for me.

OK, nevermind. I had to erase history and stuff to get it back. Weird, indeed.

Neil
05-Mar-2013, 08:44 PM
The picture in the original post?

AcesandEights
05-Mar-2013, 10:46 PM
This has been happening to some members off and on lately.

I will sometimes have problems logging in, then get forwarded to either a page view of the forum with no menu or navigation options, and sometimes I just get directed to a page with the adverts centered and no other content on page.

I'll try and take screen images the next time it happens.

rongravy
06-Mar-2013, 01:16 AM
The picture in the original post?

Yeppers.

Neil
06-Mar-2013, 08:13 AM
^ Well, that's super odd then... That's no different to clicking any other (hosted) image... Hmmm...

bassman
06-Mar-2013, 09:58 AM
It's been happening to me, as well. Either i'll get the blank page with just ads, or i'll get the forum only with no navigation bar...

Neil
06-Mar-2013, 10:09 AM
It's been happening to me, as well. Either i'll get the blank page with just ads, or i'll get the forum only with no navigation bar...

And this has only started over the past month or less?

bassman
06-Mar-2013, 10:12 AM
And this has only started over the past month or less?

For me it's been about 1 1/2 - 2 weeks, I would say.

Neil
06-Mar-2013, 11:00 AM
For me it's been about 1 1/2 - 2 weeks, I would say.

OK... That fits in with an advertiser change that took place about then... which is being undone shortly. Let's hope that resolves it...

MoonSylver
06-Mar-2013, 09:38 PM
Might be a browser issue. I've been fighting it for a week or more at work on crappy IE, finally broke down & used the Google Chrome someone installed on this desktop & it's working fine. :confused:

rongravy
06-Mar-2013, 09:59 PM
^ Well, that's super odd then... That's no different to clicking any other (hosted) image... Hmmm...
Actually, I was wrong. Yesterday it happened somehow when I clicked the back button off of this thread, back to that same thing the first guy posted. It's ok today so screw it. I'm good.
Who knows WTF it was, but I'm better now.
Maybe I'm just a tad tarded.

MoonSylver
06-Mar-2013, 11:43 PM
Might be a browser issue. I've been fighting it for a week or more at work on crappy IE, finally broke down & used the Google Chrome someone installed on this desktop & it's working fine. :confused:

Nope. Nevermind. Just got back on during lunch & same screwy shite on Chrome as IE. :(

Neil
07-Mar-2013, 09:24 AM
How bizarre.... Well, the advertiser is being changed so let's hope that sorts it...

Neil
07-Mar-2013, 10:42 PM
I've pin-pointed the cause of the display issue mentioned above. I believe I've resolved it for the time being so please let me know if you encounter it again.

MoonSylver
07-Mar-2013, 11:51 PM
Sow fir, sow gud 2dai. :D

shootemindehead
09-Mar-2013, 02:57 PM
All seems to be fine at the mo.

Mr. Clean
21-Mar-2013, 09:20 AM
I can't space out my sentences. Such as typing a sentence then hitting enter twice to start another paragraph or sentence. Odd or new forum setup?

Neil
21-Mar-2013, 10:37 AM
I can't space out my sentences. Such as typing a sentence then hitting enter twice to start another paragraph or sentence. Odd or new forum setup?What?

You mean...

Like this?

First thing to do with odd behaviour - Try a different browser/computer.