PDA

View Full Version : Using Video and Hyperlink Tags

Morto Vivente
05-Apr-2013, 02:33 PM
As a new member I was wondering if it's necessary to have made a certain number of posts before you can use the video and hyperlink tags ? I've tried to post a couple of threads using both tags with no success, the posting permission for new threads is on.

Also, as a new member is there a limit to the number of posts you can make ? This may seem like an odd question, but I read a post where the individual said that they had reached their quota for the year or something. :confused:

Thanks
Morto

MinionZombie
05-Apr-2013, 04:27 PM
As a new member I was wondering if it's necessary to have made a certain number of posts before you can use the video and hyperlink tags ? I've tried to post a couple of threads using both tags with no success, the posting permission for new threads is on.

Also, as a new member is there a limit to the number of posts you can make ? This may seem like an odd question, but I read a post where the individual said that they had reached their quota for the year or something. :confused:

Thanks
Morto

On the first issue, I'm unsure - I'll defer that to Neil or Andy.

On the second issue, there isn't a maximum post number in any given timeframe (I believe said comment was made in jest).

Andy
05-Apr-2013, 05:36 PM
There is a list of all the BB Codes you can use here (http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/misc.php?do=bbcode) and no, we dont limit use by your status as member. Our mods are good enough to weed out spammers from genuine new members without such measures ;)

Also for your second question, no there is no limit on how many posts you can make, if we feel your spamming then a mod may contact you and ask you to calm down but there is no automatic restriction.

There is a floodgate which will not let you post for 30 seconds immediately after your previous post, maybe thats what your thinking of?

MinionZombie
06-Apr-2013, 12:32 PM
I see with your post about the Music of TWD, the thread needed approving by a Mod due to the links (as you're a new member) - I've done that - so if there were any issues with that thread, they should be alright now. I had actually responded to that thread before approving it as a Mod and my response wasn't showing up, so I had to approve my own post, which was weird, but nevertheless - that thread should be working fine now. :cool:

Morto Vivente
06-Apr-2013, 01:39 PM
Thanks MZ for remedying that thread. I wasn't sure whether it was a technical issue, my incompetence, the fact that it's the weekend, or if the topic was too trite.

Andy
07-Apr-2013, 01:43 PM
I Still need to find whats causing that..

*sigh*

Another job for my list.