PDA

View Full Version : Another review : Yay for me!

Deadman_Deluxe
07-Mar-2006, 08:32 AM
Found this just a few minutes ago while randomly passing a few short seconds with the googleheads ... it is a pretty good write up i think, but can anyone tell me what he means by "delivers it with noteable pathos as well as panache." ???

Blog Review

http://www.livejournal.com/users/alpha_dog/

The only Blog that I've ever bothered to follow and read with any kind of regularity. I've been keeping tabs on it for a number of years now, and unlike the vast majority of Blogs available on the internet this one is wholly openly fictional. It uses the live-update online journal format to provide the narrative of a United Kingdom resident turned survivalist as a global health concern leads to hell on earth.

The writing style is fresh and moving, the author being a capable and empathic writer. High tension, horror, and languid despair are the core themes of the story, and I find it delivers it with noteable pathos as well as panache.

Plus it has Zombies. I have a soft spot for anything with Zombies.

But in addition to being a writer this artist ( MK_Ultra ) brings his other talents to bear on the project. In addition to the narrative script we are provided a host of in-character pictures, often skillfully manipulated and enhanced, chronicling the sights and setting of our protagonist as well as haunting atmospheric music by the industrial musical entity Lungworm a two part "band" of which the author is a member.

Imaginative, insightful, and at times eerily convincing I've found Alpha Dog's chronicles to be an engaging read.

http://johnacadblog.blogspot.com/

Also found this one from pig-monkey : http://www.pig-monkey.com/2005/12/05/

Lately I’ve been reading Alpha Dog: Slow Motion Apocalypse, the “original undead apocalypse real time update journal. It’s somewhat like Tales from the Afternow, but in livejournal form, set in present time, and with zombies. The guy is no English major, yet it’s still written quite well.

An original and ongoing saga depicting one mans fight for survival against all the odds . Set in the post apocalyptic aftermath of a horrific and devastating worldwide epidemic in which every other man, woman and child on the planet became infected .

A widespread outbreak of infectious disease took hold . . . the entire global population died almost overnight . . . only to return soon after as the walking dead .

The united kingdom lies in ruins . A devastated and desolate playground reserved for the one living survivor of the killer epidemic .

Alone and outnumbered by a population of several million walking corpses .

Around Every Corner . Behind Every Door . In Every Shadow . . . all hungry for flesh .

Lungworm, who I believe is the same guy who writes the journal, has some really cool music, too. He calls it “electronic corpse music”.

The journal isn’t anything that’s going to give you nightmares, but it’s managed to make me lay awake at night thinking on a few occasions.

Zombies, man. They creep me out.
EOF

kortick
07-Mar-2006, 03:04 PM
very cool man

i like your site and the sounds anyways

i liked that part about the zombie girl and the pics you put
in a while ago

that was tight

p2501
08-Mar-2006, 08:07 PM
word, i'll work up a plug for you tonight on mine.

idsaluteyoubub
24-Mar-2006, 03:09 AM
Yea man, I dig your story. You just need to pick up on it again, it seems like the last post was forever ago!

panic
07-Nov-2007, 04:47 AM
It seems like Alpha Dog got infected... Perhaps the last few entries, the insane ramblings, were the last bits of thought he could squeeze out before he shambled off in search of a warm snack...

/p

Danny
07-Nov-2007, 04:48 PM
how else could you end it though?