PDA

View Full Version : 360 game suggestions

Danny
11-Jul-2006, 02:46 AM
well i know im one of a fair few people with a 360 on this forum and i know many more ar eplanning to get one (cant wait for the wii either myself though........too mutch lemonade.....sorry couldnt help it:p )

anyhoo after writing something in another thread i had an idea ,rather than look up reviews in magazines the 360 gamers should give pointers on games, so anyone with a 360 post your games and if ythere good or not, that way maybe future 360 buyers wont get the steaming turds some of us have gotten COUGH- condemned -COUGH :D

heres mine:

KAMEO - i liked it more than i expected, its pretty easy at only 6 hours gameplay but its very fun while it lasts plus a family game so no violence in case younger gamers go on it, cus apparently some people dont like to freak kids out with games like doom 3 or project zero...who knew?:D

PRO'S - comes in almost all game deals, lots of downloadable content, a few hidden extras and tons of unlockables when you replay.

CON'S - VERY easy i died once in he whole game and that was jumping into lava on my horse, because you just gotta :cool: , doesnt last long though if linked up to live it does have co-op levels to play through as well.

MY VIEW - RENTAL, UNLESS YOU HAVE TO GET ALL THE LAUNCH TITLES

----------------

KING KONG - its an okay game, basic with no HUD in the fps parts though that makes it feel more movie like...kinda, not my cup of tea but some may like it, plus its pretty long for a launch title:)

PRO'S - unlockable content, actual movie talent rather than voice actors that imitate them like that crappy buffy game,lasts a while, qiet challenging in parts, YOU CAN SMASH STUFF AS KONG, nuff said.

CON'S - high difficulty level for younger gamers, does get reppetitive, stars jack black:D

MY VIEW - NOT THE BEST GAME BUT FOR A MOVIE TIE IN ITS NOT BAD RENT IT OR BUY IF YOUR A KONG NUT

------------------------

CONDEMNED: criminal origins - scary as hell near the start but as things get further in and less CSI and more supernatural it loses its scare and most of its appeal,

PRO'S - mucho scary, for the most part, not a one man army sort of game, cool atmosphere

CON'S - poor level design, very generic, poor a.i enemies either attack or hide ,simple as. csi style tools not implemented at all really, at least once per level theres a main route that gets blocked and leads to a huge detour, a poor attempt to lengthen the gameplay time.

MY VIEW - RENTAL, OR BUY ITS PERSONAL PREFERENCE REALLY, A SOLID ENOUGH GAME BUT NOT THAT 'NEXT GEN'
-----------------------

BURNOUT REVENGE - a game about crashing cars and causing damage, and surprisingly it works, i dont even like racing games and im hooked on this one.

PRO'S - TON's and im mean tons of things to do in this game and with online play and being able to get revenge on freinds this game really last for ever. excellent next gen graphics and solid gameplay, perfectly completmenting the 360 controller, oh and smash bros style trophy collecting

CON'S - theres only 3 songs on the sound track i like...no really thats the only con to the game, screw bullet for my valentine!:mad:

MY VIEW - WORTH THE MONEY IN TIME SPENT PLAYING ALONE, WILL LAST AGES AND ITS A GREAT PARTY GAME, A DEFINTIVE ''BUY'' IF YOU GET A 360 THIS NEEDS TO BE IN YOUR COLLECTION

-----------------------

TONY HAWKS AMERICAN WASTELAND - a poor attempt to rush into the next gen arena, worst game in series?, maybe ,especially when compared to its predecessor THUG 2 on the xbox.

PRO'S - improved move creator, greater character customization, live online play,

CON'S - poor level design, no don vito, choppy graphics and lag, not really gta stly sandbox town but different areas seperated by tunnels, no were near as good as its predecessor.

MY VIEW - BUY IF YOU DNOT HAVE LIVE, IF YOU DO GET THE THUG 2 EMULATOR AND PLAY THAT INSTEAD, CUS THIS ISNT NEXT GEN AND ISNT WORTH $60

---------------------------

CALL OF DUTY 2 - a solid fps which slightly reinvigorates the tired WWII shooter genre, overall i liked it and its was a joy to play from start to finish.

PRO'S - excellent campaign mode and very well designed levels compared to **** poor fps games like conspiracy, awesome graphics (case in point d -day landings level, very private ryan) , basically the list goes on and if your a gamerscore whore theres about 600 points to earn replaying it on veteran, its rate 'ard though mind you.

CON'S - erm......

MY VIEW - THIS IS A DEFINTE ADDITION TO ANY 360 OWNERS COLLECTION, A MUST HAVE.:D

MikePizzoff
11-Jul-2006, 03:46 PM
Awesome. This will help when I buy 360 (very soon).

Although, I disagree with what you said about King Kong. I think it's a great game to own.

Tullaryx
11-Jul-2006, 05:52 PM
I cannae believe hellsing hasn't picked up Oblivion.

p2501
11-Jul-2006, 06:16 PM
I cannae believe hellsing hasn't picked up Oblivion.

i can't blame him. I tried the GotY edition of Morrow wind and it bored em to tears. too much micro management and not enough fun. the game was actually depressing.

CoinReturn
11-Jul-2006, 07:39 PM
i can't blame him. I tried the GotY edition of Morrow wind and it bored em to tears. too much micro management and not enough fun. the game was actually depressing.
I hated Morrowind. Probably the most boring game ever (in my opinion). Oblivion, on the other hand, is one of the best games I've ever played. They improved everything that needed it, and made it sooo much easier to get in to.

p2501
11-Jul-2006, 07:46 PM
i'll have to rent it at some point then.

Tullaryx
11-Jul-2006, 08:00 PM
i'll have to rent it at some point then.

Alot of what made Morrowind really tedious was the quest and job log. You couldn't find a thing with that quest log they used. But in Oblivion everything has been simplified, though your quest list needing to be done can still get pretty long if you start accepting quest but end up putting them aside to free-roam.

MikePizzoff
12-Jul-2006, 01:47 AM
I just got Morrowind: GotY and I really like it. Although I can't really play it very muche because I have an XBOX with a peice of **** Thompson drive. :mad:

Danny
12-Jul-2006, 06:12 AM
the only reason i havent got oblivion is because, in 20 miles of my house, every game store is sold out.

and morrowind ruled, goty edition rocks, im still playing it, clocking on 3 years of gameplay now, now thats value for money byatch!:D