PDA

View Full Version : Day of the Dead novelation, the story continues!

livingdeadpress
19-Sep-2013, 05:42 PM

Sunset of the Dead by Anthony Giangregorio release date Oct 1, 2013

MORE ADVENTURES INTO THE WORLD OF DAY OF THE DEAD!

It has been years since the dead began to walk and civilization is now nothing but a memory. Cities are nothing but ruins, filled with the living dead, and where once small enclaves survived, now they are all gone.

One of the last holdouts, a group of soldiers and scientists hidden in an underground bunker in Florida, are also gone after being overrun by the undead.

But there were three survivors: Sarah, John and McDermott.

Escaping in a helicopter, the group found refuge on an island off the coast of Florida, where they hope to begin life anew, away from the death and destruction that was once mankind.

But the island is far from uninhabited, and soon Sarah and the others find themselves embroiled in the struggles of a small camp of people that came to the island years ago at the beginning of the outbreak. Here, men of science as well as civilians have begun working on a cure for the undead plague.

Sarah soon finds out that she is the key to the cure, that she alone could be the one to save the remaining humans on the planet from a fate worse than death.

But there is one hitch. The key to the cure of the plague is buried in her notes back at the underground bunker, and the only way to reach Sarah’s lab is through hundreds upon hundreds of walking dead that now fill the corridors.
With a small commando force joining in, Sarah, John and McDermott have no choice but return to the fateful bunker where Sarah and the others had only narrowly escaped with their lives weeks ago.

But unknown to them, the bunker harbors an evil far worse than the walking dead. An enemy they believe is long dead has resurfaced with only one goal…vengeance and death.

Though at first there was Day of the Dead, eventually night must fall.

Then there is only the Sunset of the Dead.

Living Dead Press.com

Philly_SWAT
20-Sep-2013, 08:26 PM
the struggles of a small camp of people that came to the island years ago at the beginning of the outbreak.

That's what I'm talking about!

krakenslayer
22-Sep-2013, 08:50 PM
I seem to remember there being something of a minor shitstorm the last time Living Dead Press tried something along these lines; I think it was a Dawn of the Dead sequel that time.

Mr.G
23-Sep-2013, 02:06 AM
I'll give it a try. I read Dead Reckoning...his Dawn novel and I've read worse from better known authors. It was worth the 6.99 I paid for it.

shootemindehead
23-Sep-2013, 07:46 AM

Sarah must have taken a bottle of blonde hair dye with her before she left the bunker.

babomb
02-Oct-2013, 09:48 AM
Sounds REALLY cheesy. Starting with the name. "Sunset Of The Dead". Was "Evening Of The Dead" too formal?

DjfunkmasterG
28-Nov-2013, 09:10 AM
Sounds REALLY cheesy. Starting with the name. "Sunset Of The Dead". Was "Evening Of The Dead" too formal?

I always wanted Romero to do Dusk of the Dead keeping with the theme of times of day.

Neil
28-Nov-2013, 10:30 AM
I always wanted Romero to do Dusk of the Dead keeping with the theme of times of day.
With a really decent film behind it of course... Still waiting for that too :)

DjfunkmasterG
28-Nov-2013, 03:27 PM
With a really decent film behind it of course... Still waiting for that too :)

Yep, but I think that'll never happen. Which is sad. :(

Ragnarr
30-Nov-2013, 12:31 AM
"But the island is far from uninhabited, and soon Sarah and the others find themselves embroiled in the struggles of a small camp of people that came to the island years ago at the beginning of the outbreak. Here, men of science as well as civilians have begun working on a cure for the undead plague."

Oh gawd no! Not two groups of native born Irish cowboys again! I'd eat my own head before I'd sit through that stinker again. :dead:

rongravy
30-Nov-2013, 04:02 AM

Same. Maybe it's still in him, waiting to get out.
When he's ready/serious/ready to get serious...
Kickstarter, perhaps?

Ragnarr
03-Dec-2013, 12:07 AM
As long as GAR drops the whole "comsumerism" thing and focus' instead on a more compelling horror storyline, then it should be a worthy film for his fans.

babomb
24-Dec-2013, 03:07 PM
As long as GAR drops the whole "comsumerism" thing and focus' instead on a more compelling horror storyline, then it should be a worthy film for his fans.
He needs to adapt the social commentary to something that resembles the time that the film is set in. The commentary in Night and Dawn worked perfectly. But it seems like that was due to those times specifically. That commentary was in everyones faces already, before the films came out. So when it was in the films, it just fell into place right.
Today there's SO MUCH to base social commentary on, and chances are it's been done already.