PDA

View Full Version : BLACK = The most beautiful game ever...

Cykotic
07-Mar-2006, 12:42 PM
Ok, I'm an FPS nut but when I started playing BLACK, I was justified in my belief that BLACK is the most beautiufl game I've ever played! (That post was previously held by Battlefield 2). Here is a tip: Try playing it while listening to B.Y.O.B by System of a Down, it makes it all that much sweeter. Just the fact that any weapon can blow up anything! Yahoo!!!!

As well as the guns doing mucho damage, the grenades are just as good. If you see some terrorists in an office (In the dock levels) Lob a grenade in there and stand back, the office will explode with bad guys going through the windows, fire, smoke, doors being blown off hinges, this is the game I've been waiting for!!!

So, in conclusion, Black is good.... very, very good...

MikePizzoff
07-Mar-2006, 12:58 PM
Hell yeah. I played this game over a friends house. All I could say was "wow". The physics are cool as hell in it. The only complaint I have is that it is pretty tough. I was playing it on easy and it felt more like it should have been on normal.

Battlefield 2 has my heart, though. I don't think I've ever had so much fun with any online multiplayer game as the XBOX version of that.

Cykotic
07-Mar-2006, 02:50 PM
Where the hell is the multiplayer option????

MikePizzoff
07-Mar-2006, 02:55 PM
Yeah. It would be nice to play on XBOX Live. Or at least with some friends on split screen.

p2501
07-Mar-2006, 02:58 PM
i've read the AI is really dumb, and the game is disturbingly short. any truth to either of these?

MikePizzoff
07-Mar-2006, 03:01 PM
The AI can be pretty dumb. Sometimes they won't even hear you firing your gun from like 50 feet away. But that can be overlooked.

Cykotic
07-Mar-2006, 03:04 PM
Not too dumb! Some of the terrorists had me cornered in a room and everytime I was trying to get out and fire with the MAC10 Elite, they were firing at me. I guess it was my own fault for not going in there with enough ammo and health packs...

Question: How do you complete the Gulag level?

p2501
07-Mar-2006, 03:06 PM
Not too dumb! Some of the terrorists had me cornered in a room and everytime I was trying to get out and fire with the MAC10 Elite, they were firing at me. I guess it was my own fault for not going in there with enough ammo and health packs...

Question: How do you complete the Gulag level?

ok, so it's not Killzone dumb. thank god.

i'll have to check it out.

Cykotic
07-Mar-2006, 03:26 PM
...and just what is wrong with Killzone?

MinionZombie
07-Mar-2006, 03:56 PM
Damn I really wanna play that game, I so hope it comes to PC because it's going to look even sweeter there with higher resolutions than on PS2 or Xbox. It looks like just the sort of game I'd love to play, blowing sh*t up is just simply awesome. Interaction with your environment is one of the things I look for in 1st/3rd person shooters (I too am a huge FPS junkie), and nowadays it's becoming a big thing.

Which reminds me of "Uber Soldier", it's not the best game I've ever played (demo anyway), it's fairly linear, but the graphics are sweet and run really well on a mid-range computer. Has awesome fire heat and spark effects and it's really cool when you shoot a few bullets into the engine of a truck or jeep - KABOOOOOOM!!!!!

Needs work on the feel of your character's movement and the feel of the weapons themselves, it's fairly tough too - at least I thought so - the awkward movement doesn't lend itself to dodging bullets ... which will invariably hit you as the enemy are really accurate, bastards! :D

But yes...BLACK is a game I'm REALLY looking forward too, likewise with True Crime: New York City and Hitman: Blood Money...oh man!!! :cool:

p2501
08-Mar-2006, 01:15 PM
...and just what is wrong with Killzone?

It stand as the only PS2 game, i boughten, played and returned in the same day. the guns were for lack of a better term ripped off from 7-8 other FPS's. the villians, were stolen from the film "Jin-Roh". the gameplay is basicly Medal of Honor, just with a few new gimics, and the "triggered events" were just so ****ing hackneyed.

i think short of that jamacian voodo zombie shooting game for Sega CD, killzone is the worst FPS i've ever played.

Humor Tumor
08-Mar-2006, 03:30 PM
Killzone was pretty bad. Black is decent but not worth the money now. Wait for it to hit $20.

p2501
09-Mar-2006, 01:37 PM
cool, i'll wait for the 6 month price drop, or just buy it used.

glsjaw
10-Mar-2006, 12:08 AM
when someone beats it let us know how long game play is

MikePizzoff
10-Mar-2006, 02:26 AM
$20? No way! I think it's worth more than $20, by far.