PDA

View Full Version : Romero approached to be part of the Day of the Dead remake.

MagicMoonMonkey
06-Dec-2013, 08:57 AM
According to Daily Dead, Mr Romero has been approached to be involved in the latest remake of Day of the Dead. Also it seems the producers have their heart set on bringing the original screenplay to life.

In the interview with GAR he claims that he was asked about the ownership and availability of the original screenplay. Sadly GAR wants nothing to do with it.

I don't know about you lot, but if the original screenplay is made then I will be a happy fcuking boy.

Please make this happen!

Neil
06-Dec-2013, 09:07 AM
I suspect he just doesn't trust them to do a good job...

bassman
06-Dec-2013, 02:48 PM
Original screenplay? No thanks. That would've been a disaster even if Romero made it. Being forced to shrink Day into the film it is now was actually a blessing in disguise....

blind2d
06-Dec-2013, 03:14 PM
Having read the OG screenplay, I'm with bass on this one. Let it be.

Andy
06-Dec-2013, 06:02 PM
Only question this raises in my mind is why?

Romero should have retired after day of the dead, every movie he's made since then has been atrocious.

Trencher
06-Dec-2013, 06:19 PM
Besides the original screenplay have too much in common with the Land of the dead movie. Same premise, just the treatment of the zombies are different.

EvilNed
08-Dec-2013, 09:37 PM
If they make it with the same grit and memorable ceazy characters as the original Day of the Dead, I'm all for it. But please, spare me the boring, cynical airheads from Land.

I agree that Land worked as a retelling of the original Day script. Bub became Big Daddy, Gasparilla became Kaufman. But the story was told from desperate outsiders landing in the middle of a rebellion of sorts, and the dark jungles and claustrophobic missile silos was just a nore interesting setting than the rather, unfortuneately, under-used streets of Philadelphia of Land. Now, I have no doubt that the story could work in an urban enviroment. There's just something about sneaking around dark, zombie infested jungles that creeps me the fuck out.

Geordie9
10-Dec-2013, 08:34 PM
Original screenplay? No thanks. That would've been a disaster even if Romero made it. Being forced to shrink Day into the film it is now was actually a blessing in disguise....

well said!!

Cykotic
11-Dec-2013, 07:23 AM
totally in agreement. let sleeping zombies lie. I'm still in trauma over the last rema.... sorry, can't do it....

Darkest Hour
15-Dec-2013, 02:21 PM
Old goat needs to be put to pasture.
Time has past,......he blew it with the last 3 flicks
SERIOUSLY

Gimme an amen.

DH

HumanBiped
23-Jan-2014, 07:49 PM
I really don't care if it's "original" just as long as it's good! Too much trash comes out in the zombie genre......

And Romero won't be a part of something if it's not his project. They tried to get him to direct some Walking Dead, but he declined.

He wants to keep focus on his golden projects....... too bad in a way. At least he could blame "Survival of the Dead" on being too busy :)

I also read on wikipedia that he was quoted as saying he wanted to make two follow ups to Survival, back to back if possible. Thoughs on that?

Legion2213
24-Jan-2014, 09:55 PM
I agree with the banned chap. Like Lucas, he created a timeless original trilogy that will stand the test of time and be remembered with great love and respect for generations...then proceeded to piss all over his work with another trilogy that wasn't worth wiping your arse with.

I simply don't care what GAR (or Lucas) do anymore... :(

Suicycho
29-Jan-2014, 12:45 AM
While the original screenplay had some good stuff, it had a lot of really bad stuff too. Cowboy Bub, with his six shooters. My god, if you though big daddy came across terribly on screen, just try and imaging cowboy bub and his six shooters.

erisi236
01-Feb-2014, 10:48 PM
Art comes from adversity.

As said already, if the original screenplay was put to film it probably would have stunk. Him having to wing it with such a tight budget made the film boil down to what was best, and it showed.